What future feature (confirmed or otherwise) is your biggest hope for KSP?

There are many things that would drive many of us crazy with excitement if they were implemented, but if you could only pick one feature that you badly want, what would it be?

Me personally i am torn between cities on Kerbin, so i can see the lights twinkling over Kerbin's dark side, and planet/moon specific music to give each of the celestial bodies an even more unique presence, a la Holst, i think i just edge toward the music.

How about you, what single feature announced or unannounced would you most like to see in KSP?

One feature that I would badly want? To do more with rovers and probes.

Rovers: Being able to actually get soil/ice/water samples instead of pretending to do so. It would give my Duna Base a reason to be there.

Probes: Sending data back to Kerbin that you can see as a HUD, like temp, pressure, and all of that. And to also include mapping the surface.

All of this, without mods.

Edited by Benie

I was thinking more just on what people wish for, whether it's a planned or unplanned feature.

I guess for me it would be any reason to go to other planets. I've tried Kethane but I'm so bad at it. Stuff like data collection, mapping, perhaps having to discover the planet, etc. That is what I desire.

More parts and a much more difficult pseudo-realistic sandbox experience built into the game (more/specific fuels, consumables, grand voyage parts, random damage, etc...)

I've always been a fan of customization and stuff, and though it's unlikely to be added, I'd like to be able to paint streaks of color on my rockets and planes.

If they manage to fix the problems that png textures usually put with Unity, they could probably change the textures to png format, those are easy to work with and can even be opened in paint! :P

If they manage to fix the problems that png textures usually put with Unity, they could probably change the textures to png format, those are easy to work with and can even be opened in paint! :P

I tend to do that with a lot of the modded parts, which are usually thankfully in PNG. Usually it's just to greyscale things so I can maintain a black-and-white color scheme on my rockets, but often I'll add blue and yellow (my two favorite colors) to random parts so everything matches.

It's very irritating, I can't build space stations, and launching a large payload requires 20 minuets. Since my computer starts lagging after 200 parts, I'd appreciate a way to weld a specific amount of parts together to reduce the amount of processing. I know a mod exists, but I rather play stock with a wider range of welding options, with a fair cost for the trade off (between strutting everything and welding).

hmmmm, that's a tough one, I love everything that is coming, but one thing I would absolutely love is colonization if they made it an expansion pack and made it so I could have a city on duna or the mun where I could take off from. or if we don't get that the ability to take off from orbit.

Indeed - I don't need a better computer to run KSP, I just need to be able to fully utilize the system resources I already have. Certainly a 2 GB video card, 8 GB of RAM and a quad core should be sufficient. I am confident that we'll see it in development eventually.

Indeed - I don't need a better computer to run KSP, I just need to be able to fully utilize the system resources I already have. Certainly a 2 GB video card, 8 GB of RAM and a quad core should be sufficient. I am confident that we'll see it in development eventually.

does the unity engine even support 64bit?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.