Thoughts on Update?

potoes6

So with this new update comes new possibilities and new opinions. What are your opinions on this update? I for one love the new layout of the KSC but its gonna take some getting used to for the the ASAS and SAS systems.

Thanks For Reading

-Potoes

Even though I turned off Steam updates, it started the update and I couldn't stop it, my 0.20 is dead, along with lots of mods.. I did this when 0.20 first came out and I do it once more....back to Minecraft for the time being

Glad I haven't updated yet. Hearing about how "ASAS is weaker" and "reaction wheels"(don't even know what they are).

Now if you would excuse me, I have a Laythe base to set up in 0.20.

I am hating the new SAS system, if I played for long enough I would start to love the new parts, and everything else is so much pretty fluff. Will play .20 till .21.1 fixes the SAS, or till mechjeb means I won't need to fight for control of simple rockets.

The more I use the new SAS, the more I hate it. It's great for big manned ships, but it's horrible for the small rockets that I build. The 1m one is too heavy, so I used the airplane one, but that one sucks and I struggled to control my rocket while gravity turning. The SAS isn't helping me kill the roll while I'm flying and the reduced reaction wheel torque certainly doesn't help at all.

ASAS has killed all of my ships.

Previously stable ships now spin and go off course. Rocket wobble is MUCH worse... stupid and pointless change to the ASAS system. Can't comment on the new Mun as I can't get there any more.

I know they said it would be a game breaker... I didn't think they would break the entire game :)

Am I the only person that actually likes the new ASAS? It is so much better now. I haven't done extensive testing but it is making rockets wobble less and planes are much easier to fly. I don't see why everyone doesn't like it, it is a vast improvement in my opinion.

Am I the only person that actually likes the new ASAS? It is so much better now. I haven't done extensive testing but it is making rockets wobble less and planes are much easier to fly. I don't see why everyone doesn't like it, it is a vast improvement in my opinion.

Exact opposite for me... my rockets now wobble like crazy and are impossible to keep on course. we don't like it because for many people it just isn't working.

I actually rarely used ASAS before, my rockets were more stable with my hand on the wheel anyway and as someone who never had the patience to figure out mech jeb I didn't mind launching all my rockets hands-on, so I don't care about the ASAS changes :P

I'm super glad about hitch-hiker IVA, and I'll also be checking out the new Mun as soon as I see if my utility mods still work.

Exact opposite for me... my rockets now wobble like crazy and are impossible to keep on course. we don't like it because for many people it just isn't working.

I'm starting to suspect that's because either a) they've haven't modified their existing rockets to work under the new regime, or B) they haven't learned how to build rockets under the new regime. Also, the new controls are *very* sensitive, so you'll probably need to relearn how to fly.

I actually like the new ASAS, I think it's better for controlling rockets in flight although when I'm in orbit around a body and I change heading, I do miss how the old ASAS would kill rotation to a certain extent. By the way the new Mun is beautiful I just landed there and I must say, the new craters do create more of a challenge I thought.

The good news is that Munbug can still get into orbit with potentially enough fuel for FRT... the bad news is to get it there I had to switch of ASAS completely and fly it manually. The biggest problem you have to fight is that the ship spins constantly with out without ASAS... a new bug for .21 All of the ships I've seen working on it have been quite simple and conservative, I don't think squad tested it with any of the monsters I and others (like giggleplex etc) publish. All that the new system needs to please everyone is a bit more strength (and the ability to know how/when to use it!) otherwise as I said in another thread we'll all have to fly much simpler, boring stacks of dustbins with no aesthetic... or use mechjeb (not an option as I publish stock ships... 7 thousand downloads and counting...) Personally I'd like to see the old ASAS as an option along side the new.

Now the good - don't want to just rant about the bad parts!

Once in space I love the new system (so far) RCS has become a much more important feature and works much more smoothly.... on my way to the Mun now to have a look!

the bad news is to get it there I had to switch of ASAS completely and fly it manually. The biggest problem you have to fight is that the ship spins constantly with out without ASAS... a new bug for .21

Mulbin, I've never been able to fly Munbug with ASAS. I've always had to fly it manually, and it has always rotated during launch. I've launched Munbug VIII 5-6 times and Munbug IX once, and every time had the Rot slider pegged all the way to one side, with the attitude slipping all over the place as I fought to keep my gravity turn heading east.

Before .21 "The new ASAS is amazing, finally things won't wobble!"

After .21 "It hate the new ASAS, it ruined all my ships!"

Can't you people be happy? Way to praise the Devs for all their hard work... I'll hate to be around when they make the aerodynamics better.

The ONLY complaint I have is that I don't really like the new Duna texture.

Edited by swiftgates24

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.