[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Yea I've had that issue with only the Bearcat 5x (and the rockets from the Anvil launch vehicles) where the motor gets stuck in the grating and refuses to lift off since I first downloaded the packs. Easy fix to just use clamps to keep the rocket slightly off the pad.

Hello, everybody!

How can I attach a part on top of the 3.125 to 2.5 metre adapter fairing panels from the pack?

They have only one attachment node on the bottom, so I quite do not get how to use them.

Help, please

Thank you!

Kitspace: Those little flange panels don't have a top node as there is nothing to attach to the top of them. They're really specifically made to fit over the bottom end of the Odin pod, to hide its trunk and the Thor lander inside the fairings. They're probably going away when Odin/Thor gets replaced - as I'll make a more logical set of fairings.

Speaking of...

biohazard: Not news specifically about the next update, but...

2BUytOg.png

(long way to go yet - it won't be in the next release)

Since 0.24 was pushed back I'll take the time to release all the "test" stuff officially. I was sort of waiting to do a 0.24 update before. Still haven't messed with setting up science nodes.

Yeah they fold out as legs and reveal 4 landing thrusters - it'll only hold small amount of fuel for landing, like the dragonrider (or PTK-NP which new Odin is roughly based on)

Check out the 2 latest images in the NPDev album:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

That particular flag is part of the texture (but easily erasable as its not part of the normal map) - should be easy enough to add a decal plaque on top of it though when I finish it up.

I still have to do the service module(s) and fairings and maybe another part and I'll probably iterate on the details again before I call it done.

Working on the NP release right now, probably will make it sometime tonight.

Any changes in part names, or other compability-breaking things? I have operational launchers that use test parts :) I also would like to know about changes in normal maps names if there any, to make changes in ATM config.

http://www./download/f79630tg10j20b9/NovaPunch2_04.zip

I'll update the topic, 1st page and post the dropbox link for those that need it when I return from dinner. If someone wants to jump on it and make sure everything came out working, that would be swell.

Okay, testing it right now. All is fine so far, except landing legs bug (only G key works).

Edited by biohazard15

I didn't rename anything outside of the new parts that replace similar models, that was more of a disclaimer in case I forgot something. Shouldn't be any changes from the test version.

I started working with the new leg module for new Odin, but from what I read if a leg doesn't have suspension then it shouldn't really use that module - so for those old legs I'll probably have to change them to AnimateGeneric - this will remove the G key function by default, but tweakables will work and you only need to add the "toggle" ability to the "Gear" section in Action groups to make them work (which might work for the current version, not sure.)

I also tested out a hollow collider 'array' for the 5m decoupler but it still seemed to block thrust - it will probably be easier to make an all new part, though I'm not sure I'll do it for NP until I run out of other things to do.

1st post updated, dropbox link is there now too.

I gave it a whirl last night, and it seems pretty good from what I've seen. Your engines used to be the most efficient, but after 23.5 and now with these changes, they seem to have crept back into the pack is far as ISP and TWR. Obviously an inter-mod efficiency competition would be bad, but it is nice to have some go-to engines.

That is almost assuredly a conflict with one of your mods. You'll probably have to turn them off and back on one by one to see which is causing it.

Someone else may see something in the log to narrow it down.

It seems the Odin Command Module Trunk Section has a 400 Ec battery that doesn't get charge, maybe in conflict with the engine alternator...

EDIT: It does it too with the Freyja Service Module. Panels out in the sun on the launchpad and clamps yet no recharge

Edited by Mokmo

Hey Tiberion, the NP Heavy Winglet needs converting to the new ModuleControlSurface PartModule. Just change the module to Part up top, and wrap the 4 winglet parameters in:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleControlSurface
}

Were you using launch clamps? If the engines were sitting on the ground they could have been "stuck" - its been known to happen with all engines.

So I used the clamp and worked like a charm. My kerbals and me thank you! Jeb would thank you too but I forgot to put an antenna on his pod... :sealed:

Still need to know what mods you're using with it.

You need to realize that Freyja has no custom plugins, code anything, its simply a part - so when you get these sorts of errors, outside of an export error that everyone would experience, its going to be caused by a conflict with something else.

Not saying there isn't anything I could do to adjust things, but I'd need to know what else you're running to have a clue where to look. Turn off all the mods, then turn them on one by one and you'll discover what causes it. Start a new saved game if you need to.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.