[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

It was in 2.04 actually, along with the 5m upper stage and the K-1 parts, the new boosters, etc.

wasmic, I can add the link to the bottom of the 1st post if you want. Suggestion: remove the space from the filename 1st

Well its been quiet in here. I haven't really been seeing many downloads of the new version either, so I guess a lot of people are waiting for 0.24 at this point (or this NP update was underwhelming, I can accept that too.)

Crap I just completely missed this. Downloading NAOW

Alright, here's the download for the Old Odin. License is CC-BY-SA. Legacy part of NovaPunch by Tiberion, Frizzank, NovaSilisko, SundayPunch, Captain Slug, Bac9, Omnivore, Straight Chillen and Andras. Old Odin maintained by wasmic. Includes the Old Oin capsule, trunk, parachute, landing legs, Launch Escape System, light decouplers and the 3.125m fairings system.

DOWNLOAD

Is this compatible with the new version? Like can I have the new Odin and the old one? I like the old one far better than the new one. The new one looks like a three man Gemini.

Is this compatible with the new version? Like can I have the new Odin and the old one? I like the old one far better than the new one. The new one looks like a three man Gemini.

Yes, before updating NovaPunch, Tiberion made sure that both would be usable at the same time. The only thing that I've done is to reupload it.

@Tiberion: Alright, changing file name now.

EDIT: Link updated, get it here: DOWNLOAD

Looks like an older saved craft file - you should be able to detach and re-attach it in the VAB. (That looks like the Freyja Asteroid save file that comes in the zip, so make sure you deleted the old ones and installed the new ones from 2.05)

Make sure you installed everything properly, there was a model change for Freyja in the patch, which means the nodes are slightly different. So not only remove the NovaPunch2 folder and install the new one, but make sure you're removing old craft files and adding back the new ones. Any in-flight vessels might have alignment issues too.

If you do all that and its still acting weird, then it is probably a plugin conflict or weird modulemanager configs ( I dunno if anyone made MM configs for anything Freyja related that might be out of date)

isn't it a bit odd that the NP_LFT_2_5mx3_0m fuel tank is Heavy Rocketry while the NP_LFT_2_5mx1_5m and NP_LFT_2_5mx6_0m are Advanced Rocketry? Maybe it was supposed to be the A and B tanks in Advanced Rocketry, the C tank in Heavy Rocketry and the D tank in Heavier Rocketry?

Hey guys.

I just uploaded the current version of NP to the beta version of a new community mod repository to help test it out. Seems to be working pretty good. I'm going to replace the mediafire link with it for now, and leave dropbox as the mirror.

Check out it, hit follow, see how things work. There's no changes from the June 15th version, so no need to re-download it unless you just really wanna test it out. The subscribe feature should email you when new versions are released (You do have to sign up for an account to follow things, but you do NOT need one to simply download the file.

http://beta.kerbalstuff.com/mod/26/NovaPunch

Keep in mind it is a beta, so there are bound to be issues. If you don't know how to submit those properly you can pass them along through me.

Gaiden: that seems to be happening to me too.. but not always. I'll have a look at the ladder and airlock transforms next time I have some time.

Gaiden: that seems to be happening to me too.. but not always. I'll have a look at the ladder and airlock transforms next time I have some time.

Wait what? I was talking about a tech tree oddity. Nothing to do with transforms or airlocks. It seemed like two fuel tanks were misplaced in the tech tree

Heh whoops sorry, I saw that issue at the top of the previous page and thought it was the last post, and I knew you had asked something I hadn't answered yet. Too many things at once.

It's a little weird, but I had a reason; I added a small 2.5m tank for upper stage, and the 6m tank for a lower stage in advanced rocketry to get the 2.5m rockets going, then in the next one up I added a longer upper stage tank and the longer 1st stage tank, to let you "stretch" the rocket. Just sort of breaks up how you think about choosing tanks- it would make more sense if all KSP tanks weren't "generic" except for volume.

Man, the new Odin caught my eye. It looks ALOT like the Antares spacecraft made by Famandy for Orbiter. I always loved Famandy's add-ons, and to have a piece of it in KSP makes it all the while better. Guess I should start my rocket-building firm soon, since Antares is our main manned spacecraft!

Not yet, we were super busy during testing so I didn't really get a headstart on balancing my own parts. With my spreadsheet it will at least be a little easier, most of the work will be data entry. If anyone loves playing with spreadsheets and wants to input some data into the NP version of my spreadsheet then send me a PM :)

I'm going to finish up Tiberdyne first since I had an update to that underway already, and there are less parts to worry about.

Aside from part balancing, I also want to create Novapunch and Tiberdyne contract agents and then add PartTest modules to some select parts so they pop up in contracts.

So, do you use Blender for your parts and stuff? It's so confusing; I can't even make a model out of it at all. WAY to many buttons, especially considering that none of them make anything explode. :(

EDIT: new parts look great! Not using them in career mode though! TOO ESPANSIVE! :sticktongue: Also, are all the parts in your display album in your pack? If not, please list those mods. I want ALL THE MODS since I have 64bit KSP now. Sorry for the bother, just wanna know. :)

Edited by KyleofKerbin

Any ETA on 0.24 update? Price balancing is all what needed here - no problems running on both versions (32 and 64 bit) so far.

Pricetag on ARM parts freaks me out, and I don't even dare to think about Bearcat 5x :D

Yeah, I just cheated my way through contracts (Cheat Accept all of them) and now there are 33 Kerbals in orbit still, and I have 1,687 rep. and 11,978,012 funds! Oh, don't you love accessing cheats in Career Mode? :sticktongue:

You can use the mod with 0.24

Until now, i didn't encounter any bugs. But i have NOT tried every part. ;)

The relative low cost of some parts helps in career too... ^^

Yeah, there is no noticeable bugs with NP or any part-only mod, except stock bugs (like x64 decoupler bug).

Prices are outright cheaty ATM, so if you want to play a balanced career, you'd better wait for update.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.