[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Nova doesn\'t work on NovaPunch. =P

He worked on it before it merged with sunday punch, alot of his parts got meshed into the pack then it was called NovaPunch, hence the 'created by \'NovaSkillos\'' pieces before .16 came out

besides was talking to tiberion about awaiting for the update.

Small update before the forum downtime/migration:

Got the Odin upscaled to 2m (its awesome) and did the basic stat conversion on all the fuel tanks. The 5m large tank will weight 88t and hold 15,000 units of fuel, so that will be.. large.

Hopefully I\'ll have some stuff to show when the forum comes back up, though perhaps not; I\'m also in the middle of building a new PC and migrating off this laptop, and the last of the parts is due tomorrow :)

Hi everyone. I want to give Novapunch a try, because, well, it looks awesome! The problem I have is that I can\'t get it to run. I\'m running it on .15, and the vanilla, .15 version of KSP works fine. However, when I try to load it with the new parts put into my parts folder, the loader gets hung up loading NP_175SRBHalf. I\'ve tried downloading a fresh copy of the mod, but I\'m still having the same problem. Any ideas?

Got the Odin upscaled to 2m (its awesome) and did the basic stat conversion on all the fuel tanks. The 5m large tank will weight 88t and hold 15,000 units of fuel, so that will be.. large.

???

Love the NP pack and looking forward to this, but DAAAAAAAAAAAMN.

Guest butt head

Hi everyone. I want to give Novapunch a try, because, well, it looks awesome! The problem I have is that I can\'t get it to run. I\'m running it on .15, and the vanilla, .15 version of KSP works fine. However, when I try to load it with the new parts put into my parts folder, the loader gets hung up loading NP_175SRBHalf. I\'ve tried downloading a fresh copy of the mod, but I\'m still having the same problem. Any ideas?

is it NP_175SRBHalf or NP_1_75mSRB_Half is should be NP_1_75mSRB_Half if it not change it if it still doesnt work remove that folder

is it NP_175SRBHalf or NP_1_75mSRB_Half is should be NP_1_75mSRB_Half if it not change it if it still doesnt work remove that folder

In the launcher it reads as NP_175SRBHalf, but in the files list, it shows NP_1_75mSRM_Half. I\'ll remove that folder and see if it works.

*EDIT*

I finally got .15 to work with the mod. The problem is, now I don\'t have any solid fuel boosters. I had to take out half a dozen folders. SRB_Half, SRB, sidemountSRB, minibooster, medium_solid, and largeSRB all had to go before the game would load. For now, I\'ll just forgo any solid fuel boosters, but it\'d be nice to know why the aren\'t working for me.

Guest butt head

-snip-

glad it started working for you to some degree i havent got a clue as to why you are having such a problem? you can make your own boosters with the liquid engines though like a 2600 unit tank with the 650 thrust engine or 1600 unit tank with the 325 thrust engine

In the launcher it reads as NP_175SRBHalf, but in the files list, it shows NP_1_75mSRM_Half. I\'ll remove that folder and see if it works.

*EDIT*

I finally got .15 to work with the mod. The problem is, now I don\'t have any solid fuel boosters. I had to take out half a dozen folders. SRB_Half, SRB, sidemountSRB, minibooster, medium_solid, and largeSRB all had to go before the game would load. For now, I\'ll just forgo any solid fuel boosters, but it\'d be nice to know why the aren\'t working for me.

Might try redownloading the zip file.

Or copy the boosters back in one at a time, the 1st time it loads the mod parts it takes forever, now that you pulled out the troublesome parts and everything loaded, you can put them back in and let them load by themselves (the parts aren\'t broken, its just that the old-style part loader is buggy)

I think because the solid fuel boosters use the new fire particles, you can\'t load them in anything below 0.15.2. That\'s the problem I had, and I deleted all the SRBs before I realised. Are you sure you\'re on 0.15.2?

That seems like the problem then. I\'m on stock .15. How can I upgrade it to 15.2? The updater wants to update to the latest version, which doesn\'t work well for me. It has a massive memory leak and basically is unusable.

Is there any way to make the lander pods in this module into empty-but-crewable modules so as to be able to make an apollo-like setup? I would like to EVA 2 crew members from the 3man stock pod into the thor lander etc, like how they did the apollo missions...

That seems like the problem then. I\'m on stock .15. How can I upgrade it to 15.2? The updater wants to update to the latest version, which doesn\'t work well for me. It has a massive memory leak and basically is unusable.

You can\'t. Have you filed a bug report on the problems you\'re having? It\'s hard for the devs to fix these things if people don\'t file reports.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

You can\'t. Have you filed a bug report on the problems you\'re having? It\'s hard for the devs to fix these things if people don\'t file reports.

Cheers!

Capt\'n Skunky

KSP Community Manager

Actually, I haven\'t.

Sorry, I haven\'t. I assume that\'s just done via post/log file in the Addon Request/Support forum?

Is there any way to make the lander pods in this module into empty-but-crewable modules so as to be able to make an apollo-like setup? I would like to EVA 2 crew members from the 3man stock pod into the thor lander etc, like how they did the apollo missions...

To be fair, the Apollo missions didn\'t use EVAs for crew transfer; they directly docked the CSM with the LM.

I think it was the proposed N1/L3 russian plan for a manned moon landing that using EVAs to transfer crews between the lander during orbital rendezvous.

the empty lander pod is a good idea, except you could only do it if you are flying separate flights, not in the Apollo style of launching the lander on the rocket with the crew (since you can only do one controllable pod per vessel.

I probably won\'t bother unless docking and vessel constructs gets pushed back significantly.

the empty lander pod is a good idea, except you could only do it if you are flying separate flights, not in the Apollo style of launching the lander on the rocket with the crew (since you can only do one controllable pod per vessel.

I probably won\'t bother unless docking and vessel constructs gets pushed back significantly.

Actually if you strap Mechjeb onto the lander and the other rocket, you could control both. just a thought :)

I'm just hoping the next update actually is balanced along with the stockparts and not that a small tank contains the amount of fuel of a big one and stuff like that. Really looking forward to the new update, getting real bored with the stock parts in KSP :(

The same for me mate... I can't wait for next NovaPunch update to be released... and thank YOU Tiberion that you started working on that so quickly... you are our KSP alpha savior... ;)

And just a bit of a notification... Tiberion, links in your "signature" do not work anymore, so you might want to change them ;)

Edited by Fyzzi

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.