[1.0.2] NovaPunch 2.09. - May 6th - 1.0 Compatibility Update

Tiberion

Oups, you\'re right. I don\'t use the pods from this pack, that\'s why I forgot those. The Odin remodeled and resized in 2m for 0.16 could be pretty badass. 8)

I\'m a proponent of larger, heavier, and more powerful parts in general, but I like the Odin\'s aesthetic by itself. Definitely hoping for a resize that could actually fit 3 passengers.

I\'m under the impression that the parts NP is based off of are substantially reduced for the sake of KSP--if so, this would be a great chance to turn them around (and just leave the existing 1m parts for those who need them).

Hi well ive had probels just trying to get novapunch beacsue it doent work on zippyshare when i press download could the button doesnt work could someone please send me a download link or file that i dont have to dowbnload from zippyshare.

Illd appreciate thanks.

Hi well ive had probels just trying to get novapunch beacsue it doent work on zippyshare when i press download could the button doesnt work could someone please send me a download link or file that i dont have to dowbnload from zippyshare.

Illd appreciate thanks.

Hitting the button circles in This Picture?

I notice that the NP 2 meter short tank is longer then the new vanilla 2 meter short tank, but actually weighs less by several tons and carries more fuel.

I think there are a few balancing issues to work out here and there.

I notice that the NP 2 meter short tank is longer then the new vanilla 2 meter short tank, but actually weighs less by several tons and carries more fuel.

I think there are a few balancing issues to work out here and there.

Hmm... maybe because Tiberion hasn\'t updated yet? *claps slowly*

I noticed something strange which might need to be fixed with the update:

My munar rocket, mostly using NovaPunch parts, worked fine in 0.15.2. But after I rebuilt it for 0.16, the radial boosters almost always got ripped off at an altitude of about 12 km, roughly 2 minutes after launch. For some reason though I never lost all four. Usually I\'d lose two, sometimes three.

Is there a way I can increase the connection strenght of the boosters or does anyone know another workaround?

I noticed something strange which might need to be fixed with the update:

My munar rocket, mostly using NovaPunch parts, worked fine in 0.15.2. But after I rebuilt it for 0.16, the radial boosters almost always got ripped off at an altitude of about 12 km, roughly 2 minutes after launch. For some reason though I never lost all four. Usually I\'d lose two, sometimes three.

Is there a way I can increase the connection strenght of the boosters or does anyone know another workaround?

The same happened to me, but it seems like guys from SQUAD just changed the 'connection' simulation. Even if I try to do that with stock parts, this issue happens, mostly because your connected stages are more powerful than the one they are connected to and so they tend to sort of rip off the spaceplane...

I guess that one possible solution could be to increase strength of the radial decouplers, so that they would be able to sustain that much of a power instability... for now, you can try attaching more struts between these stages... that might possibly help...

Well, I\'m glad that others have the same problem.

However, I wasn\'t talking about external boosters (sorry, I didn\'t make this clear) but about radial control boosters. The small motors you attach to the core tank to controll the rocket or the retro-boosters that fire seperated stages away from the rest of the rocket. Those can\'t be reinforced with struts.

Well the KSP motto tends to be: if in doubt, strut it. i have had parts coming off of my ships due to whatever reason with the decouplers, there are mods that have heavy duty versions but even they wobble abit but i found strutting to work perfectly, also try not to trust SaS as it tends to wobble things off.. although that should not be so in the space planes.

Oh and i look forward to the next Nova punch update :D keep the cool stuff coming~

Yeah relax guys, it\'ll get there. Here\'s the plan so far:

Upscale Odin to 2m size, to be Dragon/Apollo equivalent. Will hold 3 kerbals initially.

The original Mercury pod stays 1m and will hold 1 kerbal.

The Thor lander will stay 1m diameter and hold 2 kerbals, similar to Eagle landers (it will be cramped, yes, but its a lander, and will eventually fly in tandem with an Odin CSM craft) - With the tanks and landing legs attached, it just barely fits in a 2m shroud, which should let it work perfectly with Odin (eventually)

The current fuel tanks are not being scaled; they will be rebalanced to the new fuel/weight standard.

I\'ll clone some tanks to make new 5m tanks to replicate the larger Saturn V core stages, so a Saturn replica will be 2m pod -> 3m middle stage, 5m launch stage.

Let\'s all cross our fingers that such massive parts will even work in KSP.

Engines may be rescaled to ensure we have enough choices at each size. I\'ll add new boilerplate adapters as needed. Thrust and efficiency changes are of course going to happen.

As far as I can tell, the shrouds and decouplers are still working; I\'ll need new 5m copies.

I will add a 2m ASAS part, and adapt the LES tower and parachute adapter to work on the 2m capsule as well.

And I\'ll make sure the connection strengths for parts are working right.

Thats the goals for the next update; quite a bit to do. I will wanna add glowing engine bells, but that will have to wait for now.

If you can think of anything else, let me know.

edit: I think the stock ladder parts will work for NP, so I don\'t plan on making new ones. The new launch clamps are awesome too, and replace those ugly rusty launch legs from Tiberdyne. :D

Let\'s all cross our fingers that such massive parts will even work in KSP.

I scaled up some 3-m parts to 5-m, including dimensionally scaled mass increases, etc. Seemed to work ok (see pics). Couple of problems though: it wouldn\'t sit still on the pad, it wanted to dance and squirm around. I fixed that with landing legs. Also, the default node attachments could barely keep the engine in place. Sometimes the engine would get de-centered, then the rocket would start flailing. I fixed that by attaching lots of struts to the engine.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.