Which features do you want in 0.22?

Tom K.

Which features would you like in 0.22  

1. 1. Which features would you like in 0.22

• Resources (+Processing and mining)
    • Improved aerodynamics (+shrouds and fairing and better looking atmosphere in general)
    • Clouds and weather (GIANT STORMS ON EVE)
    • Improved IVA (modules to move around inside)
    • Continue working on carreer-mode
    • More celestial bodies (planets/moons)

i would say Carreer mode, since they made a first setup for this, i would at least continue on that path till this is in a near completed state.

Then when this is in a working state, more stuff could be added to the game and carreermode.

making all kind of stuff half-finished is something i would not desire to have.. And rather have Squad focus on one thing at the time.

Weather and Career Mode progress. I think each update should have one thing that is functional, and another that is just for looks. With career mode coming in the next few updates, I think we will start to see more planets, and we will get an Observatory soon.

Resources, better aerodynamics (I want Ferram stock, it's amazing on planes and then nose cones would be worth it), and more planets. Planets and moons are awesome but what I REALLY want to see is a saturn analog and an asteroid belt.

I also want the stock resources system in so I don't need extraplanetary launch pads and Kethane (even though kethane is fun).

Extra large rocket parts, for serious rockets. You can't make a rocket like the Saturn V that gets wider as it goes down and is still wide enough to hold a decent manned payload at the top unless you make the lower part out of radially attatched tanks. So there should be a wider set of parts.

i would like for more iva because imagine if someone were to go iva while wearing an oculus rift headset because that would be awesome

Edit: and if it were more interactive then if a guys keyboard messes up then they can control with their mouse which would be good for emergencies

Wow, with those options I felt spoilt for choice! I had to tick three boxes in the end and went with resources first, mostly because it's a necessary feature to truly build a fully functional space program. Second was weather effects on planets, it's something that for me would really add to the immersion which is a big factor in gaming for me. Finally interactive IVA, generally for the same purpose, though it would be particularly interesting if interactive IVA's also had a purpose. Maybe doing some Science in there somehow or something like that.

I almost wanted to tick extra celestial bodies too since I will never turn down more to explore. However I haven't really managed to get beyond Duna yet so it's not something that bothers me either. Some food for though. If we see more Planetary bodies surface in the future it would be good to see some more variation in the moons composition, kind of like Saturn's moon Titan. If any extra large planetary bodies are introduced in the future to see a moon with some form of atmosphere would fit in pretty well. Saying that I haven't got to Jool yet so I could be shooting ideas for something that already happened.

All I know is .21 is pretty damn awesome and I can't wait to see what Squad bring with the .22 update.

Edited by Kerbonautical
Removed a doubled-up word

Voted resources and aerodynamics. My goal when playing is typically to industrialize the Kerbol system and it would be nice to be able to do that without a mod.

One thing I would have voted for that wasn't on the list is more scientific equipment and activities like sample collection, drills, lasers, scanners, mappers. A sample return mission could integrate well with a career mode as well.

Personally, I would like to see a more KW-rocketry-like variety of stock parts. Stock fairings and better SRBs, with a larger variety of engines and fuel tanks would be greatly beneficial. In addition, I would like to see some actual objectives added (career mode) ... we can go to space, there's just nothing to do when you get there :( We need some actual science!

Chose resources, with aerodynamics coming in second. I think that what this game need most is to be able to step out of sandbox mode and start moving towards career mode. The addition of resources will be the first step away from a phenomenon I like to call "utter pointlessness."

I am going with the ones I think are most realistic both based on what I think Squad is likely to work on and also what is realistic within the time frame of one update.

1) Continue working on career mode

2) Improve existing heavenly bodies in regards to surface features. Maybe procedural craters on those bodies that can have them, etc. A new planet/moon would be cool. Actually what would be really awesome is a large asteroid. Something smaller than Gilly and Bop with either lighter gravity or no gravity. Orbiting independent of any planet.

3) Moar parts. The new KSPX parts added are awesome, and more plus brand new ones would be cool. I'd really like to see some kind of radial attach fuel tanks, maybe with integral decouplers for them?

4) Moar/better science parts? Improving on the existing ones and adding some new ones would be nice. I think its is kind of needed for career mode at some point

5) Destructive heat?

6) Maybe something to do when you get to planets/moons? Soil/rock samples? Atmosphere sampling (possibly one of the new science instruments to collect atmosphere samples and rock samples? Plus rock sampling collecting during EVA?)

Personally, before we improve IVAs, how about giving the Mk2 and Mk3 cockpits an IVA to start with, which they haven't had since their release. Before expending any further resources on new stuff, FINISH WHAT YOU ALREADY HAVE. If one thing bugs me about .21, it's not the SAS, it's not the reaction wheels, it's that to this day, there are unfinished assets that are being ignored in favor of new content.

Voted resources and aerodynamics. My goal when playing is typically to industrialize the Kerbol system and it would be nice to be able to do that without a mod.

One thing I would have voted for that wasn't on the list is more scientific equipment and activities like sample collection, drills, lasers, scanners, mappers. A sample return mission could integrate well with a career mode as well.

Scanners, mappers and sample-collection are sorta included in Resources I think...

Aerodynamics matters because I hate the way that with the current model the most efficient rockets are these silly-looking asparagus staged lumps. Rockets should be tall and pointy. I can build tall pointy rockets, but as I tweak them for performance they keep getting squat and ugly.

Better aerodynamics would also make eve return missions more practical - you could build a well streamlined rocket to avoid the horrible drag problems.

BTW - I think you can kludge aerodynamic forces using existing illumination ray-tracing code: Make all surfaces 100% diffuse reflectors. Illuminate from the wind direction and look at the slight scattered onto a distant spherical surface surrounding the rocket. Computation can be done in the video card, no new software.

2 biggies: resources and training of Kerbals.

Maybe toss in tweakables so I can have empty tanks to fill with resources or processed items.

As I go down the list things become less important but still desired. I'd love for my Kerbals to be able to move in IVA through the connected habitable modules of my space station or Mun base. At the very least you should be able to transfer Kerbals internally between connected pods like you can with fuel.

At the bottom of my list is clouds. Yes they would make things look nicer. Yes I want them. But do they add anything to my game play? No. So they can wait. Unless you make weather effects that can blow my craft off course... or lightning that can disable or destroy parts of my ship... then they are just for looks. Nothing wrong with doing something just for looks. I'm all for making the game as pretty as possible... it's just a lower priority than the game play mechanics.

Apart from resources and career, I also would like to see some small changes:

- Rearrange all the parts in VAB and SPH into more (sub)categories. Not just "propulsion", "structural" etc, but like "engines", "tanks", "decouplers", "wings", "nose cones" etc. Or just sort the parts somehow to reduce the mess inside the existing categories.

- Make the current vertical "stage menu" (don't know its proper name) a bit less vertical. Group the icons of a single stage into its own row.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.