Which features do you want in 0.22?

Tom K.

Which features would you like in 0.22  

1. 1. Which features would you like in 0.22

• Resources (+Processing and mining)
    • Improved aerodynamics (+shrouds and fairing and better looking atmosphere in general)
    • Clouds and weather (GIANT STORMS ON EVE)
    • Improved IVA (modules to move around inside)
    • Continue working on carreer-mode
    • More celestial bodies (planets/moons)

I'd like to see an improvement in the aerodynamics, something in the vein of FAR (which has become a must have for me) and Deadly Re-Entry (ditto). These however are in many ways more polishing than the implantation of Career mode (i.e. the main game outside of sandbox mode) which I'd expect/guess is Squad's next priority.

Whatever they do however I'm certain it will be awesome as always :)

Nice post Tom, looking forward :)

For me...

Career-mode progression - since that is huge, so on the critical path

More celestial bodies - since i'm itching to explore beyond Jool, using Laythe as a hub of operations. For me that is taking it the next level.

More planets, or more detail in planets (e.g. Weather). I don't really care about career mode, and will probably be playing mostly sandbox even at release.

I guess getting anything sizeable to planets beyond Jool would also hugely benefit from resources, so for me they are priority preference #2.

Oh man, I had to limit myself to two since I would have picked all of them and I highly doubt Squad would do everything in one update. :P

Career Mode progression-because they've already started on it, it wouldn't make sense to stop now.

More celestial bodies-this was a hard one to pick but I picked it because I'd like to see Squad try to finally add asteroids and the gas giant with rings. (Give Eeloo a proper home!)

Well, that was fast...

Haha...A dev's work is never done...!

I'm keen to see better aerodynamics in the game, everything else is secondary. Really enjoyed 0.21 though so far, so in no hurry for anything else yet. I've found, due to the new flight system, that I'm building my rockets in a much less 'throwaway' manner, and being a bit more sensible (I don't want to kill Jeb!). It's fun, it's making me feel responsible for their lives again!

Every time my 3 year old comes to play rockets with me, she wants to go IVA. I make sure that my kerbal cans have windows with a good IVA view. ;)

Career mode too. Mods cover gaps decently and this is a direction where you really need to base app to cover.

I'd probably put aerodynamics and weather together after/parallel career mode. It seems like a long term project that can be worked in tandem with other development goals so I expect it to just show up as a surprise. ;)

For me its primarily Aero, so i have a reason to use fairings. :) If they do implement them at some point, i do hope they use a model alá KW Rocketry's. Those are the only fairings ive seen decouple properly and looking good at the same time.

Second would be weather. Would love to have a re-entry on kerbin in a lightning storm :wink:

i want new kerbal types, ive always wanted to take science kerbals and engineering kerbals from the VAB on missions, i mean Pilot Kerbals are great but theyre not much use when there not needed to pilot the ship, i want my science kerbals doing science, and my engineering kerbals running my resource equipment with the science guys making fuel and fixing all the little bits that fell of my ship during landing

I think we need more functional additions.

I don't think adding new celestial bodies is important *at this stage*, we have more than enough to be able to enjoy all of the functionality in the game. More planets and moons really seems like something that can wait almost until the final polishing happens for 1.0

Similarly, clouds and weather are aesthetic tweaks that will no doubt require a lot of fine tuning for performance, which isn't something that will benefit from alpha (or beta, or whatever stage we are at) releases. I would love to see them down the line, but not yet.

Resources, improved aerodynamics, perhaps a few more stock animated parts (3 simple hinges - small, medium and large - would massively expand the functionality of the game). Career mode stuff would fit here too, but I would still put resources and aero before that.

Wew, looks like Resources and Aerodynamics are taking the lead over Carreer-mode...

Well the foundations of the Resource-system were made in previous updates so I think next update we could expand on that...

Resources definitely. It will add so much to the game, and allow you to make a massive macro/micromanaging empire!

Being able to move around in IVA view is a close second, as space stations will have use (plus the welding mod to make them practical).

Aerodynamics third, as I would like to give the re-entry effects some practicality, and actual fairings would be nice (8-way 1x1 structural panels just don't do it).

well they said they want to focus on career mode more. ideally what I would love next update is.

-more stuff with tracking player progress and career mode basics, maybe some use of mission control(and let us talk to gene kerman! :) )

-the rest of the KSPX parts added to stock

-more IVA's, especially the space plane modules I would love to see an IVA for.

-a few more buildings or decorations for the space center, even if it's stuff like a science building we won't be able to use yet.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.