Which features do you want in 0.22?

Tom K.

Which features would you like in 0.22  

1. 1. Which features would you like in 0.22

• Resources (+Processing and mining)
    • Improved aerodynamics (+shrouds and fairing and better looking atmosphere in general)
    • Clouds and weather (GIANT STORMS ON EVE)
    • Improved IVA (modules to move around inside)
    • Continue working on carreer-mode
    • More celestial bodies (planets/moons)

My choice is not listed. If it was, it would be:

FIX THE D@MNED BUGS. FIX THE UNDOCK BUG. Do not develop other shiny new toys and features.

The undock bug, especially, is a real buzz-killer. Being able to undock is ESSENTIAL to building stations and orbiting Mun and the planets. Until the known bugs are addressed and fixed, I REALLY don't care about the six choices in the survey.

This is absurd. The game is still in development, those "shiny new toys" are actually Squad building the game up, not tacking on new features. Not to mention there are bug fixes in every update and the chance of these bugs being fixed by the time the game officially releases are very high.

EDIT: and before I get branded as a fanboi, the way game development works in general makes it generally a bad idea to stop working on the core game partway through to fix bugs that may end up just showing up later once they introduce something else. Yes, they need to fix the bugs. Yes, they need to fix it ASAP. But they can't just stop working on the game to do it.

Edited by AlternNocturn

This is absurd.

And you are rude. Polite disagreement is to be encouraged.

The game is still in development, those "shiny new toys" are actually Squad building the game up, not tacking on new features. Not to mention there are bug fixes in every update and the chance of these bugs being fixed by the time the game officially releases are very high.

I've been a developer for over 40 years. When my clients indicate there is a bug in an application (even one in alpha/beta) it indicates three very important things to me:

1) It is a feature that my user really wants to use and sees a genuine purpose in the functionality.

2) The user is frustrated because that feature does not work as expected.

3) The user cannot accomplish tasks efficiently or effectively that are important.

If fixing the bug is a quick fix, I'll pause "shiny new toy" development to expedite the fix. If it is a major fix, then it may well be a new requirement. In which case, it is added to the job queue and prioritized by the client to determine when/if it is to be fixed.

And you are rude. Polite disagreement is to be encouraged.

To be perfectly fair, so were you. Instead of shouting like they shot your dog you could have just said "I'm fine with the content we have now, but I'd love these bugs that are, for me, game breaking to be fixed."

I selected only aerodynamics.

Resources would be a close second.

I selected improved aerodynamics as for stock version of fairing(I prefer to design streamlined craft as normal). I wonder if I can make my own custom resources(like customized propellants for anything), cause I need to make a low density propellant to save weight as well as increased ISP. Anyway, I don't need Career Mode, but i'll try it in the next update. *ANOTHER SUGGESTION* Don't forget that I also need model with KW Rocketry texture and different characteristics(different from stock NovaPunch, make stock KW Rocketry). Personally, I don't rely on mechjeb operated robotic parts, so I need a stock version of robotic parts.

Edited by Iansoreta
fix grammar

How about fixing 0.21?

Ha! I like the dancing planets!

@AlternNocturn: I would pay good money to have your sig graphic as a bumper-sticker. *hint hint, wink wink* at Kerbal store

@Apollo13: This thread may help. Granted any workaround including prayer in a step is questionable.

I went with resources and career mode. I would've checked career mode twice if I could've.

Cheers!

Yar

What I want is some transparent structural parts like panels so that you can build your own pods or structures with windows. As it is now you cant really do that since there dosent even seem to be mod parts that have transparency.

Also things like ball bearing or a simple rotating motor that you can attach stuff to would be something I would really like to see in vanilla.

I'd love to see space planes that don't immediately go into a death roll on the runway as soon as I get them up to speed. Perhaps aerodynamics would fix that?

Resources would be nice too. Though you'd have to be careful how you implemented it. Could get hokey and unrealistic pretty quickly.

1: Improved career mode.

2: Better IVA, I want to move my Kerbals around. Maybe better IVA would mean docking crew transfers.

3: WEATHER. Even if there is only rainy days and cloud movement that would be satisfactory. It would be interesting trying land in a Eve hurricane.

Another thing I'd like to see an option for a Kerbal to take his helmet off on planets with oxygen. Jebediah wandering around Laythe without a helmet would be awesome, and it would add extra immersion in picking someone up on Kerbin.

Edit: Cities and oil rigs would be another great addition. Just groups of buildings scattered around Kerbin. And roads between them would be nice, too. I'd love to see how many people wouldn't launch rockets into them or lands planes on a main street.

Edited by Legendary Emu

As I also voted for resources also (oh Kethane, how you hooked me in...), maybe a first step in implementing them would start out with up to 3 "primary" resources (for fuel, oxidizer, mono perhaps?) that could be tied in with a mission? After you complete the mission, you get the scanner/part to locate that resource. I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one who likes seeing what new parts are available after an update, so this be a way to bring both together. Here's some math on it: Incentive (resource)+ Action (mission) = Reward (resource/part)

With this, you take a small step into each area and test it out. If it works, additional updates can include the "other resources & scanners/parts" that can be achieved through a mission completion. Now I'll head back up to my floating tin can

It's my turn now:

• Leave active ship icon in map view, when all ship types disabled on filter bar
  • Orbit markers tool-tips sticking (like AP/PE now) for all types of markers (closest approach, ascending nodes, etc.)
  • Save/ Load game UI (not quicksaves)
  • Remove feature disabling SAS in rotation mode (docking mode), it's obsolete and annoying feature after introduction of new SAS.
  • Translation keys (IJKL) For horizontal movement of camera and parts in VAB/SPH
  • Hot-key moving grabbed part(-s) in center of VAB (space-bar now can reset rotation of the part), reseting camera position if anything grabbed
  • After selecting new root part (deletion of existing pod) keep them grabbed as default - now new root part is often clipped inside existing parts and is necessary to move them away to grab new root part

Edited by karolus10

• Leave active ship icon in map view, when all ship types disabled on filter bar
  • Orbit markers tool-tips sticking (like AP/PE now) for all types of markers (closest approach, ascending nodes, etc.)
  • Remove feature disabling SAS in rotation mode (docking mode), it's obsolete and annoying feature after introduction of new SAS.
  • Translation keys (IJKL) For horizontal movement of camera and parts in VAB/SPH
  • After selecting new root part (deletion of existing pod) keep them grabbed as default - now new root part is often clipped inside existing parts and is necessary to move them away to grab new root part

All good ideas, I'd add the following:

• Lock maneuver node controls open as a hotkey (I know there's a mod, I want it standard)
  • Maneuver node shows ejection angle from prograde, hotkey or control to show from retrograde
  • Hotkey to select new root part (this is needed and may come with the new stock subassembly loader)
  • Add maneuver node at specific UT

Aside from big features that i voted for (resources and planets), i would really like the following

-Solid ground scatter. Driving through is anticlimactic and kills immersion. Plus it would be a fun additional hazard.

-Assuming that improved IVA's don't come in 0.22 I'd at least like it if parts that will later allow you to move crew though are labelled as such. That way i won't end up building ships that go obsolete when improved IVA does come through

-some stock boat parts to explore the oceans of Eve and Laythe. Seriously, what is the point of having them if you cant move around in them?

Like most people i chose for resources, but also to extend career mode.

I think that career mode will offer a lot of challenges. Which is necessary, because like every KSP player, i sometimes wonder what is the point?

That's why i would like to see extended the utilities and scientific parts.

Resources, processing, but also scientific research (in space stations, to unlock certain improvements, designs, technologies), and also the need to develop a communication network, something to do with all this fancy stuff, and that overload of electricity on board of all my ships.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.