How do you locate the Easter Eggs now?

since ISAMapSat is probably not getting an update...

how do you get to the less obvious easter eggs? (i consider the 3 closest to KSC and KSC2 and pyramid complex are the easiest to get to; without ISAMapSat...)

Edited by lammatt

The same way they were discovered before Mapsat and during Mapsat so they could be programed into Mapsat... By looking.

Just a side note: the Pyramids are not visible in the latest version. The new ground has swallowed them up. I haven't gone to the KSC 2 yet. I haven't checked on the Mun easter eggs either.

Edited by FITorion

The same way they were discovered before Mapsat and during Mapsat so they could be programed into Mapsat... By looking.

i dont think you can see a tiny monolith in the skies. (which indeed isnt even rendered)

ISA Mapsat seems to be working fine for me... I'm in the middle of mapping the Mun right now.

Just had to turn on 'update hilo.dat', then go into ISA's plugindata folder and delete the hilo.dat file, forcing it to regenerate. Suddenly, it's mapping the mun and it's not all white.

The dev version was designed to be able to accommodate terrain changes without needing to be updated. :P

Can someone confirm that the Arches and the Memorial are still above the surface? I've had no luck finding them, and it used to be very easy.

I was able to land at one of the arches on the mun close to the memorial last night, and there was nothing wrong with it. I haven't been to the memorial yet though.

Why does ISA need an update? Its working just fine for me...

The terrain on Kerbin, the Mun, and Duna at least was changed, the mun in particular, so your old maps are no longer accurate. In addition, the hilo.dat values aren't right anymore either.

The terrain on Kerbin, the Mun, and Duna at least was changed, the mun in particular, so your old maps are no longer accurate. In addition, the hilo.dat values aren't right anymore either.

Yes but ISA is designed to recognize this and update itself. Mine has updated my .dat file and everything looks fine and everything is where it should be.

Yes you have to rescan but the new maps will be accurate, as mine have proven to be so far.

Just make sure auto update is on and then delete your old hilo.dat file and restart the game.

If I've never used ISA MapSat before, do I need to worry about updating hilo.dat, or will that not be a problem being as that I'll be starting from scratch?

The other way to do this could possibly be to mount expeditions, set up home base, send in some flyers and rovers, send in temporary base camp ships with fuel to resupply the flyers and rovers away from the main home base, set up a fuel supply line ... make a mission out of it, instead of send probe and scan planet overnight, hey look I found the Easter eggs and now I am bored please put more content into the game Squad.

If I've never used ISA MapSat before, do I need to worry about updating hilo.dat, or will that not be a problem being as that I'll be starting from scratch?

You should be fine, the hilo file is not created until the first time you run the game with ISA installed.

EDIT: I was wrong, here is the path to the file to delete it.

GameData - Innseweeants Space Agency - Plugins - Plugin Data - ISA_Mapsat, in this folder you find the hilo file. Delete it and start your game.

Sorry about that, glad I double checked.

Edited by IllicitMedic

I was the one that came up with deleting it in the first place. :P

And yes, the download contains an outdated hilo.dat. The plugin can make a new one but it doesn't seem to like to update it if there's already data there for the planets in question, or something.

Also, the option to update hilo.dat isn't on by default either, I might turn it on before deleting the hilo.dat file.

You should be fine, the hilo file is not created until the first time you run the game with ISA installed.

EDIT: I was wrong, here is the path to the file to delete it.

GameData - Innseweeants Space Agency - Plugins - Plugin Data - ISA_Mapsat, in this folder you find the hilo file. Delete it and start your game.

Sorry about that, glad I double checked.

I was the one that came up with deleting it in the first place. :P

And yes, the download contains an outdated hilo.dat. The plugin can make a new one but it doesn't seem to like to update it if there's already data there for the planets in question, or something.

Also, the option to update hilo.dat isn't on by default either, I might turn it on before deleting the hilo.dat file.

Ok cool, thanks to both of you for letting me know. I'll keep that in mind when I go to start up KSP again today. :)...take that back...I won't be launching my kethane/mapsat probe yet until remotechs probe cores use the new sas.

Edited by Sma

Why does ISA need an update? Its working just fine for me...

ISA needs an update as it has had no full version is atleast 2 game versions now. It's a dev build that's untouched.

Just had to turn on 'update hilo.dat', then go into ISA's plugindata folder and delete the hilo.dat file, forcing it to regenerate.

Where do you have this option to 'update hilo.dat' ?

I closed the game, found a hilo.date file under Plugins/Plugindata/ISA_MapSat, removed it and started the game again. I can use the 2 parts, but it's not doing anything while in orbit. I also have no button to open the map or something alike.

I do have a new small hilo.dat file now, but I have no way to scan or open maps ingame.

flew past the equatorial Arch on my way to the Memorial.

86GgSti.png

I'm on the ground with my rover trying to find the memorial. The ground here is very very rough with high ridges and I would not be surprised if the memorial was buried.

I've turned off terrain scatter to try to spot it.

I should be able to see it in this view...

zRFSfjp.png

I don't see it... I think it's gone.

Edited by FITorion

Where do you have this option to 'update hilo.dat' ?

I closed the game, found a hilo.date file under Plugins/Plugindata/ISA_MapSat, removed it and started the game again. I can use the 2 parts, but it's not doing anything while in orbit. I also have no button to open the map or something alike.

I do have a new small hilo.dat file now, but I have no way to scan or open maps ingame.

Open the ISA map while in game, click Kerblopydia (something like that) and click settings, you will see the option.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.