KSP : The Gamers Game!

ramses

Saw this and had to share.

Waiting for DayZ standalone? One reason it's taking so long :cool:

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/16346/article/dayz-standalone-creator-dean-hall-harassed-for-tweeting-about-kerbal-space-program/

Oh and thanks for .21.1 Squad. Having an absolute ball with it. Love the new SAS set-up.

Only problem is, I still keep turning it on and off out of habit, then realising I don't have to any more.

Cheers guys!

Edited by ramses

This is one of the best games I ever played and DayZ Dev is just doing his normal business :) Playing a great game :P ... The only better game I know is Metal Gear Solid and they have 20+ years experience in making games. KSP is and will be even more a great sucess.

btw, FREE PUBLICITY :D

Edited by Necandi Brasil

DayZ was my favorite game for a while there (still definitely top three) , but this is one of the reasons I've come over to the KSP side; the DayZ community is awful. Rocket's pretty cool, and sure, there are some good people, but the vast majority are whinny, self-entitled dicks.

I've said it before, but KSP has, hands down, the best community out of any that I've come across. That being said, I just recently picked up DOTA 2, and have heard some great things about theirs.

I've never understood being an ass to Devs.

Report a bug or let them know your excited about updates or new releases, but whining and straight up abuse?

How can you expect a positive result from someone after you've just publicly treated them with so much disrespect?

Alright, I want DayZ, but have they even paid attention to DayZ forums? There is a thread called: I want the alpha < I want the alpha to be good. Make them wait over KSP. Also glad that the dev of my second fav game loves my fav game <3

Edited by swiftgates24

I'm actually not surprised to say the least. DayZ is a very popular mod. I've never played it because I'm not really into zombie survival games (except L4D, but.. ehh). Just heard of its popularity.

If I were him, I would stop development of DayZ just to piss off those self entitled little brats.

I feel bad for the guy, if I were him I would post a blog saying he stopped develloping 'DayZ-standalone' cause his community doesn't deserves it, maybe also posting a picture of him flipping of to the camera...

DayZ, which turned to WarZ, then it's source code leaked and people made a better free version of WarZ, said version even getting features before WarZ does.

Also, I woud laugh my butt off if the creator simply said: "F-you all ungrateful bastards! No more DayZ for you!"

Edited by MR4Y

Shrug, by the time the Standalone comes out, a better Arma III DayZ mod will be made by others.

The more I see about the DayZ Standalone the less I want to play it. Looks to be getting dumbed down a lot.

It was supposed to be released at the end of 2012 too :D

Not a nice way to put it, but remember he promised alpha release for almost ten months ago...

This.

I can understand peoples frustration but ultimately their team should never have indicated a release date that was so obviously not going to happen. Now it just feels like they're stringing people along.

its a game about death and survival of the fittest. im actually suprised games that involve violence have a community to begin with. (protip they dont. just people whining and insulting.)
I always thought that DayZ is mostly populated by spiteful jerks who will take any chance to attack you.

Exactly. DayZ is a game that is about every man for himself, which is a polar opposite to KSP's cooperative endeavors.

Outside of knowing people beforehand or making Youtube videos, DayZ gives very little incentive for people to cooperate or share resources, which boils over to having a poor community. Compare this to the L4D series where cooperative gameplay leads to a more cooperative community in general.

I very much prefer the KSP community, which are united with the common purpose to conquer space... and to add moar boosters.

This.

I can understand peoples frustration but ultimately their team should never have indicated a release date that was so obviously not going to happen. Now it just feels like they're stringing people along.

Despite what their intentions may have been, the mod has grown substantially in that time. Couple that with the fact that it's FREE (although you do need ARMA II), and it's inexcusable how the community responded. I haven't played DayZ in probably about six months, but I keep looking for an excuse to go back. Personally, I was one of the 'good' players. I had a separate Skype and email account for taking medic requests, I helped out newbs, and had the most fun when I found someone randomly sniping fresh spawns, sneaking up behind them, and then scaring the bejesus out of them over general chat before popping one off in their mellon. What got me to stop playing was just a series of bugs that caused me to die and lose all of my gear. That coupled with the main server I used for storage going down without notice, and I just got frustrated.

Despite what their intentions may have been, the mod has grown substantially in that time. Couple that with the fact that it's FREE (although you do need ARMA II), and it's inexcusable how the community responded.

I'm not saying the community is in the right, far from it. I just feel like the developers brought it upon themselves somewhat...

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.