To Boldy Go: The Extended KSP Soundtrack

Masked Turk

vh9uXIb.png

Greets all,

Newly registered here, after spending a few weeks lurking while figuring out the game (and being thoroughly consumed by it in the process).

I've spent these past weeks listening to the stock soundtrack alone, and I have to say it's pretty decent for a game. However, I'm all ears for classical music in games, though I don't listen to much, and I'm looking to expand the game's music with some well- (and some not-so-well-) known space-associated tunes.

Wot I got (so far)

• , Johann Strauss II
  • , Star Trek Into Darkness (2013)
  • , Moon (2009)
  • Gustav Holst, The Planets

[*] + 11 more suggested tracks on 07 Jan 2014 (No. 11 to No. 21)

So

Suggestions are more than welcome; I've barely brushed away the dusty silt-covering of potential spacey music. What do you listen to when launching short-lived Kerbals into the stratosphere and beyond?

Cheers,

JB

P.S. All suggestions +the above are collected in

. Edited by Masked Turk

• 5 months later...

Yeah, I think we need unique music for each planet(especially Kerbin, it is so dull without music). For example, when you're in Outer Space or in Mun and Minmus, the current music plays, whereas while you're in Tylo or Moho, more tense music will play(specifically when landing on Tylo or when gathering into a stable orbit around Moho).

To be honest, I think space music in KSP would work perfectly only if it was dynamic, depending around which celestial body you're currently orbiting.

For instance, we should have a specific track for every planet and moon, which kicks in as soon as you enter the sphere of influence of the object. Orbiting around Jool would make the game play some majestical orchestral music, but approaching Tylo would change the soundtrack to something a little more tense, and so on and so forth.

Then of course, if you landed on Tylo the situation would be less frantic, the worst being over, and maybe a change of music might be needed at that point.

All of these are great as background/atmospheric music. There are loads of pieces that sound great, but wouldn't work as background to something like KSP. I've always loved Great Gates of Kiev and the rest of Pictures at an Exhibition. The 'Pacific Rim' music listed earlier is great, but some isn't really 'background' (assuming anything like that would be viable with copyright etc). 2500 tons of awesome for example sounds great, but I don't think works as background. The 'Main theme' or 'Gypsy Danger' do seem more like the right kind of piece though. I know so much of these is specific to people's own experiences however. Like they say, 'People's experiences may vary' :)

(EDIT: Oh, and it's night on Bare mountain, not bald! :D )

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.