The demo built ships that convinced me to buy the game.

ouch

So I was on the fence about whether I should buy the game and decided to download the demo and give it a try. In that time I built these 2 ships that convinced me without a doubt I would have fun with the full game.

The first one is called "Mega Missiles" it's an 11 stage rocket that has about 11min of burn time and can reach speeds og almost 6500m/s If you time your launch right you can get to the moon in record time, no messy orbiting required! lol

2013-07-27_00002.jpg

The second is well... It's literally a pile of fuel tanks welded together...

2013-07-27_00003.jpg

lol, I know right? Despite it's looks, it's actually completely symmetrical and can easily get into orbit with it's absurd amount of burn time from the tanks. The tanks are hooked up to the thrusters in such a way that they run out of fuel in patterns, and thus a surprisingly stable orbit can be achieved from all of the fuel.

Anyway, If anyone else is on the fence about buying the game, Maybe these will convince you.

but I have edited them in the full game so I don't know if they will still work in the demo but I still only used parts available in the demo.

You can download them from here :

https://sites.google.com/site/ouchsdownloads/home/downloads/Demo%20Ships.zip

Umm. Jeb's expression flying that pile of tanks. It's so very like him.

Honestly, the weirdest designs that can't possibly do anything productive except explode are both the most fun, and the most uniquely KSP.

Wow. Welcome to the dark side of the paid version mate. I'm sure you willl enjoy yourself with all the stuff you can do in the full game. My advice to you: Don't bite off big projects out the gate (no space stations or missions to Moho). Start smaller and work your way up to learn the ropes. Another thing: Rendezvous and docking is hard, PRACTICE! And always fold in solar panels if you get the slightest hint you might hit them. It saves you a lot of quickloading later.

F5 quicksaves and holding F9 loads your last quicksave. Those two buttons will be your friend.

Thanks folks. I've played the demo for awhile so I'm Actually Up for something more challenging. I'm currently building a modular rover system. But those big orange fuel tanks are just begging to be haphazardly welded together... lol

Thanks folks. I've played the demo for awhile so I'm Actually Up for something more challenging. I'm currently building a modular rover system. But those big orange fuel tanks are just begging to be haphazardly welded together... lol

XD Be careful. Those rockomaxes weigh around 36 tons a piece! Grab the mainsails!

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.