Good Add-ons that aren't game changing?

potoes6

I was wondering if there are any good recommend add-ons that don't change the game to much like adding many parts or things like autopilot that take away from the games amazing features. So if you h ave any good mod recommendations that would be much appreciated :D

Thanks For Reading

-Potoes

KSPX is great, KW rocketry is farely well built (though unoptimized) and IMO, does not affect balance at all. To really make it be an OP heavy lift mod, you need to know your more advanced staging and rocket design stuff. It is a very nice mod but it does change the game dynamic a bit and the parts are not meant to be blended flawlessly with stock.

I find that all the plugins that add something like extra editor tools or help balancing RCS or engine thrusts aren't game changing but very helpful. I'd highly recommend getting the plugins that add something like this to the game.

Kerbal Alarm Clock (KAC) - This mod is a game changer, but in a good way. You can have multiple flights in progress and not worry too much about missing an important point in those flights like an SOI change, maneuver node, etc.

Also check out TouhouTorpedo's mods. His Wheels, Mk3 and Mk4 parts are outstanding and add to the existing stock parts.

Theres not really much left in KSPX anymore. Most of it's parts have become stock parts.

Edited by Gristle

ISA Mapsat is fun. Just 2 parts added to the game but it lets you map the surfaces of planets and moons. Lazor Cams is fun. Adds a placeable camera you can use to pan and zoom. I use them on my MapSats so they're sort of like Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter. Lazor Docking Cams add no parts at all but add a layer of fun to docking.

Procedural Fairings is also neat. For smaller payloads that are hugely un-aerodynamic, you can put a fairing around the whole thing with one simple part. Its very nice, and has some neat customization build it to help adjust the shape. Everything from egg-shaped, to cone shaped. Very slick, and very easy to use.

I'm trying to keep my game fairly stock, but have added a few mods that I would like to think will make their way in to the standard game at some point.

I use Kerbal Alarm Clock - very useful if you have several flights on the go at once as it helps to make sure that you don't miss an important event, like executing a manoeuvre node, by drawing your attention to the ship in question

Lazer docking cam - doesn't dock for you, but looks like something NASA used for their docking manoeuvres, and it definitely helps in the docking process

RCSbuild - helps with the placement of RCS thrusters in relation to the centre of mass. Correct placement minimises unwanted side effects i.e. movement in the wrong direction when performing translation manoeuvres

Protractor - gives an easy to read table of when transfer windows open for transferring to other planets in the system.

Apart from the already mentioned Kerbal Engineer, Kerbal Alarm Clock, Crew Manifest and Procedural Fairings, I also recommend Maneuver Node Improvement. It allows you to edit the delta v numbers of the nodes directly, making the planning of interplanetary burns much easier. You can also change the conics mode in-game, which controls the display of your trajectory in the map window. It totally removes the stress of fiddling around with the nodes to get a small change.

Edit: SubassemblyManager is also a must in my opinion. With that, you can save and reuse your lifters and other parts of your vessel easily.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.