(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

I can give you a preview of the new recycle workflow:

There will now be two ways (and only two ways) you can recycle a craft.

First, Autorecycle: if a non-active vessel

(a) falls below 25km above Kerbin and is therefore destroyed by the game but

(B) has 70 drag per ton (0.14t of stock parachute per ton of dry vessel mass)

then it will be recycled at 0.60 * sum(cost of parts in it). Note that a Mk16 parachute, which masses 0.1t and has drag coefficient of 500, yields 50 drag (0.1 * 500); the stock drogue yields less because its Cd is lower.

NOTE: Kerbals will NOT be recovered this way! This is only for spent stages, etc. You MUST ride down manually any craft containing crew or they will be lost.

Second, recycle-on-recover. The traditional way of recycling is gone and we're now using stock KSP recover functionality. When you go to the tracking station and select a vessel, the amount for which you can recycle it will appear in the MC main window. When you click recover, it will be recycled. Here you will get 0.85 * part cost if it is landed, and 0.65 if it is splashed down (landed on water).

In both cases, a dialog box will pop open telling you the vessel name and how much recycling it yielded. In both cases fuel (and other resources) will no longer be recycled--as was said upthread (or in the other thread?) it's stupid-level dangerous to deorbit with fuel aboard. But just as large a reason is that this was FAR easier to code, since in both cases what's being recycled is not the actual active vessel but the on-rails snapshot.

As malkuth says, as soon as I iron out the last bug on this, and malkuth finishes the other goodies, we'll roll it out.

Am so totally impressed with this mod, and for the rapid updating and development.

I was obsessed with modding Skyrim, there was ALOT of content, and mods there were updated about every month or so...

Can I ask that you guys make sure that the recovery feature is disabled in test mode - if possible, even if the game is switched from test mode to flight mode after a test flight? Is that possible? Do I need self-discipline?

Cheers

What version of MC you using.. I thought I fixed that MC Tab being over your icons like that in you lower res players... Dang It!

Oh yeah, I'm still using like . . . .12 or something. If I overwrite the folder with the latest one will it mess up my save?

Oh yeah, I'm still using like . . . .12 or something. If I overwrite the folder with the latest one will it mess up my save?

Nope no ill effects. The only file really being changed is the Missioncontroller.dll and I have fixed a lot of my mission packs.. I suggest .16 its pretty stable at this point.. and introduces autorecycle...

Okay, I updated to 0.16 just now. I was having some weirdness where RemoteTech comms dishes were not satisfying the need for a comms dish on your #1 mission Malkuth, and I figured it'd be kinda dumbass to complain about a 'problem' with an outdated version of the plugin ;)

Edited by Diche Bach

Ah, now that I have 0.16 properly installed I see what you mean. Back in 0.12 you had that part listed as just "Comms dish"

0.16 is looking good! For a minute there I apparently had pieces of 0.12 still installed and so I had conflicting information about which version I had _and_ two MC tabs on the bottom ! LOL Seem to have it sorted out now. Though I unfortunately deleted my NT Space Program mission folder file and since I had completed one mission from that it seems to have reset my Space Program progress to zero and 50,000K. Not a big deal really, I had only completed about three missions. Yes that's right! After all this time I've been playing this thing I _still_ have not made it past the first couple missions in any of the mission packs! But I'm getting there, and soon I will have an expansive intergalactic remotely teched network of Civilian and commercialized space stuff!

Not sure how much hassle it would be to make Remote Tech parts work for your missions Malkuth (probably a painful lot I'm guessing). So I totally understand if it is not something you'd intend to do. But it sure would be neat!

ADDIT*2: Waitaminute, I just noticed this directory, probably is where they should be, I'll try that

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController

Edited by Diche Bach

Ah, now that I have 0.16 properly installed I see what you mean. Back in 0.12 you had that part listed as just "Comms dish"

0.16 is looking good! For a minute there I apparently had pieces of 0.12 still installed and so I had conflicting information about which version I had _and_ two MC tabs on the bottom ! LOL Seem to have it sorted out now. Though I unfortunately deleted my NT Space Program mission folder file and since I had completed one mission from that it seems to have reset my Space Program progress to zero and 50,000K. Not a big deal really, I had only completed about three missions. Yes that's right! After all this time I've been playing this thing I _still_ have not made it past the first couple missions in any of the mission packs! But I'm getting there, and soon I will have an expansive intergalactic remotely teched network of Civilian and commercialized space stuff!

Not sure how much hassle it would be to make Remote Tech parts work for your missions Malkuth (probably a painful lot I'm guessing). So I totally understand if it is not something you'd intend to do. But it sure would be neat!

ADDIT*2: Waitaminute, I just noticed this directory, probably is where they should be, I'll try that

C:\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController

Sounds like you installed into another directory.. Which would be the reason you had two copies running.. I bet your save file is in that older directory.. ;)

The downloads are set up in the correct directory path.. So if you extract it in the KSP folder.. It will automatically go into the correct place.

If not you can just manually put the MissionController folder into GameData folder so look like this KSP/GameData/MissionController

I'm having a little trouble with the Sabre M engine. The cost in the config file for it is listed as 950 but in the VAB/SPH it shows up as around 264,000. Any ideas on a fix? Is there something weird that MCX is picking up in the config file since it is a dual mode engine?

Read this and the previous thread--all prices are regenerated by MC at runtime to be balanced. The Sabre is a ridiculously efficient engine so it gets a ridiculous price.

Part cost in CFG is utterly ignored.

Remember that if you land your SSTO you get 85% of its cost back anyway, though.

Wonderful add-on to the game. Enjoying it a lot.

One minor problem, in the Civilian space program, mission 4 (image recon sat) requires completion of mission 3 (weather sat). i have two mission 3 sats in orbit but the mission is not showing as completed.

Hey When I made these missions I didn't know at the time that Docking was so bad. I have since fixed them since you showed this.. There is no longer a time restraint and now all docking in this pack are by themselves and there own Objective.. They really don't work well at the moment.. So making them simple docking objective should fix them.. Good Luck.. Its updated in the download for the Plugin.. And you should be all set.. If your on this same mission you will have to undock.. And dock again for it to stick I think..

Good Luck.

Thank you, it's realy working now. Waiting for the next update, It's really my favorite add-on.

Hey just a question, not a bit deal: when are all you guys (Sandworm, Nathan, Malkuth) gonna put your stuff up on Kerbal Space Port? Right now, the only Mission Controller app up there seems to be the old one that got broke with 0.21, but your mission pack is there Malkuth. Might be smart to put 0.16 up there and also to comment in that old one so people know that 0.21 broke it but you are carrying it on.

Here are my latest packs. The 'civilian' requires kethane for some but not all missions. The 'military' requires IonCross, but again only for some missions.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xgs1jyar2m3iav/Sandworm_Civilian_ALPHA-3.mpkg (22 missions, nearing completion)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6vq6bk40um0xegw/Sandworm_Military_ALPHA.mpkg (17 mission, still very much a work-in-progress)

I'd like some feedback before continuing to work on these. If they are too easy/hard/boring, I'd like to know before spending more time expanding them.

Four questions:

(1) Is it wrong to incorporate easter eggs into missions?

(2) Is it fair to necessitate mods? If so, which mods are common enough?

(3) Should I merge these into one large pack?

(4) Are "weapons" acceptable in KSP? Will people scream if I start the military pack with a "V-2" mission to land a warhead on a specific part of kerbin?

Sandworm I'm now restarting the whole kit and caboodle and will do missions in your pack as they seem to fit in with everything else (alternating between all of the packs I have:

iefsy4ax524ieil6g.jpg

Looks like "Career Mode" is already pretty far along! :)

Edited by Diche Bach

Edit: this might be with version 14 or 15. Not sure if that really makes a difference.

I think I have found a bug. Situation:

- Doing first civilian space mission. I buil a 40k rocket (messing with Kethane scanners).

- Rocket is flat probe core, mechjeb, gyro, longish liquid fuel tank on top of a solid fuel tank. On top of all this I have a docking port, then a docking port to the "satellite".

- I get into position to complete the mission, decouple the satellite, switch to it and seem to suddenly get a bunch of money, maybe 26k (more than the solid booster was worth, that's for sure). In fact, as I switch between the satellite and launcher the mission parameters change (kinda expect that) but the dollars moved around on the first jump (possibly the first jump that is all green in orbit parameters, be that the first time you switch to a sat, or after switching back and forth a few times).

- I can then also complete the mission with the satellite.

There is something ... odd going on with rewards. Not sure if it is caused by the docking node or the ship switching (I didn't test with a standard decoupler)

Oh, I built the rocket like that so I can deorbit, land and recycle the main body, but walking away from the first mission with, somehow, 136k seems a little odd! (Hmm, I guess I did have a polar orbit, not sure that comes into play here).

Edited by TinyPirate

Hello all. Very new here and reading over this fourm I have a question or two.. They might be already answered but I just want to be clear.

1. Can I use remote tech mod with this? Or will putting up extra satellites bug/not work

2. If I build A rocket.. Put Chutes on it will I get money back from the parts the come back to Kerb?

3. Has any built a refuel base to help with missions?

Thanks!

I will have to check when I get home the mission stuff. Again most of the packs were my first foray into mission controller. And some of the missions have sub goals that pay out money. And I think you get the money on completing the sub goals. At the end of mission u get the main payout. I would have to double check.

Now from a coding stand point I would never make a mission with a sub goal payout. I don't like how they work and think they are a little buggy. So at some point I might take them all out.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.