(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Hey, that's clever! A good holdover until .22!

malkuth--since when does revert (in the MCE settings menu) do anything but give you money back? IIRC, it specifically does _not_ change mission status, which screws you over if you (a) finish a mission (B) revert (and lose the money) and then © want to do the mission again--you can't, because the mission stays completed.

If not then I guess you have to delete it manually. Which still sucks. ;)

I don't have specific experience with modding KSP (I'll get around to it eventually!), or programming in c# for that matter, but I know enough coding for that. Thanks.

(EDIT: OK, still not working. It's saying 'Mission already completed' on the in game pop up, but still blue icons on the mission select screen. Curiously it's saying on the mission pop up during the mission that the maids in space is repeatable, but in the mission select window it says it isn't. Odd. I tried to undock and redock with a ship I had up there already. Would it be something to do with trying this with a ship I used before editing the cfg? Here's the cfg file if that helps: Mission CFG

No mission 6 Goals in that config at all.. If thats the one you deleted it looks like you did it correct. If thats the one your having issues with then Mission 6 does not have any goals done. But you have a Mission Status for 6 in the config which is telling MCE that its done. So is Mission 5 and mission 6, and mission 7. By reading your Config you should be able to do mission 8 Kerbal X Hotel Division (repeatable). And mission 9 to since they have the same Mission Requirements.

So in a nutshell. GoalStatus In config tell MCE that a Goal Is Done.

MissionStatus Tells MCE that the MIssion is done.

If this is completely driving you insane.. Which I bet it is.. And you just want to go to mission 8 and 9.. You can edit the mission file and delete this line for mission 8 and 9.. That way at least you can continue on your way.

requiresMission = Open For Business Sorta.... Maybe

Which by the way is completely wrong, And completely my fault for missing this when you originally said something. It should say this.

requiresMission = 07 - Open For Business Sorta.... Maybe

Which I will fix for the next version.

Edited by malkuth

Ok I added a fix for Missions

08 = Kerbal X Hotel Division (repeatable)

09 - Kerbal X Hotel Division Staff Delivery Mission (repeatable)

In the Commercialization Of Space Pack. You should be able to do these missions now. No version Changes for this. Just updated the current Version with HotFix.

Sorry about that Patupi. Should of seen this the first time you asked about the problem.

Edited by malkuth

That's OK, thanks for finding it. I'm at work now (night shift BOO HISS! :( ) so don't have access to my files... Though if KSP would port to Android... Ah, for another time (I'm lucky enough to have an tablet with a good keyboard, so I could play KSP on it, if it were possible at all)... Um, where was I? Oh, right... Mission Control! Anyway, since I don't have access to my files I can't check up on the details, but I'm pretty sure there was one of the mission statements in the sheet (can't remember if it was the save config or the mission config) that had an '=' instead of a '-' between the mission number and name... ie '06 = maids in space' ... but it wasn't that one I'm pretty sure. You get what I mean. It was something I meant to mention before and forgot. Not sure if that breaks anything or not, but I don't think it was related to my issue

The cfg file I linked was the one after I'd edited it, so hopefully when I get home and re-download this it should be fine. Thanks again.

Howdy again! I was curious about something. Is it possible to put a mission requirement to 'not have' a certain component? or more than a certain amount of components?

And another question would be about the 'lifetime' condition. Is it that the requirements of that subgoal must be "held" for that amount of time, or must they be accomplished by that amount of time?

Thanks!

Edited by MedievalNerd

there's a "max number of part" goal, yes. Set to 0.

Must be held.

Awesome thanks!

Oh and I was curious also about the goal limit.

I saw that there is a 2 goal limit per mission. Is there a way to do more? Or will kerbal existence come to an end? D:

EDIT: Hmmm, I must be going insane. I can't find where that 2 goal limit was written, and i've just been able to create a 3 goal mission... ok, i'm crazy.

Cheers!

Edited by MedievalNerd

Awesome thanks!

Oh and I was curious also about the goal limit.

I saw that there is a 2 goal limit per mission. Is there a way to do more? Or will kerbal existence come to an end? D:

EDIT: Hmmm, I must be going insane. I can't find where that 2 goal limit was written, and i've just been able to create a 3 goal mission... ok, i'm crazy.

Cheers!

No goal limits.. Goal up to your hearts content.

The only limits I can think of is not to have Docking and Undocking in The same goals.. Or sharing goals with others... Bad things tend to happen.

No goal limits.. Goal up to your hearts content.

The only limits I can think of is not to have Docking and Undocking in The same goals.. Or sharing goals with others... Bad things tend to happen.

Yup, i noticed that I could add many goals! I'm going crazy here! :)

I was curious, I saw that you had an awesome max/min Mass. But I didn't see a max cost, is that in there? If not it's all good, but it would be great to have as an option. :D

Oh and one more thing. I noticed that you couldn't put line breaks in mission descriptions. Is there a way to do so? I just tend to write long descriptions, but it looks kind of crazy when all stuck in one paragraph. :(

Cheers!

Edited by MedievalNerd

Yup, i noticed that I could add many goals! I'm going crazy here! :)

I was curious, I saw that you had an awesome max/min Mass. But I didn't see a max cost, is that in there? If not it's all good, but it would be great to have as an option. :D

Oh and one more thing. I noticed that you couldn't put line breaks in mission descriptions. Is there a way to do so? I just tend to write long descriptions, but it looks kind of crazy when all stuck in one paragraph. :(

Cheers!

Nope no Min or Max Cost as of yet.

I was curious as to how best to ensure that lower stages will be recovered by the auto-recover feature. Do you need to have the parachutes deployed? Or does the mod just check to see if there are enough parachutes on it and assume everything goes well if there are? I'm assuming it's something like that but I wanted to make sure.

I was curious as to how best to ensure that lower stages will be recovered by the auto-recover feature. Do you need to have the parachutes deployed? Or does the mod just check to see if there are enough parachutes on it and assume everything goes well if there are? I'm assuming it's something like that but I wanted to make sure.

Chutes don't need to open. (which is nice since it would be a pain to set them up in stages)

recycles your spent stages. This is how it works. (a) falls below 25km above Kerbin and is therefore destroyed by the game but (B) has 70 drag per ton (0.14t of stock parachute per ton of dry vessel mass) then it will be recycled at 0.60 * sum(cost of parts in it). Note that a Mk16 parachute, which masses 0.1t and has drag coefficient of 500, yields 50 drag (0.1 * 500); the stock drogue yields less because its Cd is lower. NOTE: Kerbals will NOT be recovered this way! This is only for spent stages, etc. You MUST ride down manually any craft containing crew or they will be lost.

Just checks if enough chutes. You can look at your KSP log afterwards to see. Whenever a vessel is destroyed it will log "*MC* Vessel NAME destroyed. Alt ALTITUDE, body BODY, sit = SITUATION." If it's Kerbin, etc., it will trawl through the parts, logging their mass and any parachute drag found. (Real parachute drag = fully deployed drag * parachute mass. Gawd I hate KSP aerodynamics.) You need 70 parachute drag per ton of stage (not including fuel, which is assumed to be vented) for the stage to recover.

Ok guys I have finally got a handle on the science stuff and working hard to get you the next version of MC out. Nathan is doing some changes too with cost.. Which might mess up a few things Im working on but we will see.

Anyway Mission Controller will have at its next launch its own small Research tree that is independent of the In Game one.. But it does use Science Points from your pool to purchase the technology.

Most of this technology you can see in the Picture I posted a few days ago.. And I will have more info later.

But for a tease... Yes you will have to research Recycling NOW. ;)

Also note That most of MC will be geared towards Campaign mode and not Sandbox Mode.

For this reason Missions have to be rewritten also to take in effect that you don't have a million parts to start off with.

Also Im not sure why you guys are having issues loading the old version.. It works on my end.. But it might be because Im using the New Reference Files From KSP... Could of sworn I tried it out before editing it with New Reference Files.

Edited by malkuth

Update Version .30 For KSP .22

Changes in .30 (Kerbal Space Program version .22 Update)

1. Updated For KSP .22

2. New Finances Tab.. Now Keep Track Of Total Mission Payouts(lifetime) Total Recycling Payments, Etc...

3. New Research Tree. Seperate From the KSP one.. But it uses the Science Points From your game to Buy New Techs For MCE

4. Total Remake of the GUI.. Hope you like it

5. The Repair Module is now located on the Advanced Construction Branch of KSP Research Tree.

6. Updated a bunch of Missions to work with The New Campaign in .22. You can get early missions from the Random Mission Pack and the Default pack.. Both these have low part requirments.. And low altitude.. Good luck

Research Tech New To MCE

Recycling: You have to research the ability to recycle now.

Fuel Efficiency: research a Top End 20% Reduction to how well You Produce Fuels.. (IE Cheaper Fuel Cost)

Construction 1: First Level Of Construction Your Paying Out about 20% more Then Original MCE.. With This Upgrade you bring it back down to Normal MCE.

Construction 2: 2nd Reduction in Construction Cost with an additional %10 Cut to cost.

As always please report bugs to the Gethub Page.

Also this is the first release don't be surprised if another one comes out soon... Nathans New Cost And Module System (IE you can edit cost of all things from .cfg file) had some issues and I had to delay its release.. But once thats up and running I will get it out to you guys.

As Always You Can Go To The Download Link on First Page to Get the Newest Version.

Please Rember to report bugs to the GetHub Page.

Edited by malkuth

The icon isn't showing in my KSP. Not sure what's going on, it's like it isn't installed. I put the missioncontroller folder in gamedata.

make sure its like this..

\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController

Oh and delete your old Missioncontroller for this update.. Since the Science stuff could mess up your game... Should start over anyway. ;)

Another Update For You guys This Time We got Nathans Edits squared away.. Very powerful system he added.. Be happy. Version .31

Changes in .31

1. Added a New Cost system By NathanKell. To read more about this system check out the MCConfig file Located Here.

Whats it do? It now allows you in a nutshell to add your own part cost, and adjust Part Cost.. And tons more.. Really expansive system you can now do for COST.

2. Fixed Kerbal Insurance.. Kerbal Insurance is now seperated from Recycling. You will get a pop up window to tell you how much returned when landed safely.. And when you unlock Recyclinig it will be duel window

That will give you Recycling Return and Kerbal Insurance Return.. You can set your kerbal insurance in the finance tab.

As always go to the front page and download the new version.. Sorry didn't think we would get it fixed this fast.... Can I go play KSP now. :)

Looks good, I can see the icon now (:

I gotta make a comment though, which is, and I understand if English isn't your first language, but the writing on the missions is grammatically very bad, awful in fact. It really needs to be proofread, and the capitalization and punctuation fixed.

Edited by dlrk

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.