(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

You can enable/disable it in-game (although it will still show GUI elements when disabled). You'll need to switch it every time you switch saves, though.

Alternatively, you can just ignore it in some of your saves. Running into the massively negative budget range doesn't actually change the gameplay at all.

Edit: Should probably clarify, it DOES track budget independently for multiple saves, so ignoring it in one save won't slaughter your budget for the others.

Edited by Salanmander

You can enable/disable it in-game (although it will still show GUI elements when disabled). You'll need to switch it every time you switch saves, though.

Alternatively, you can just ignore it in some of your saves. Running into the massively negative budget range doesn't actually change the gameplay at all.

Edit: Should probably clarify, it DOES track budget independently for multiple saves, so ignoring it in one save won't slaughter your budget for the others.

Thanks for the quick clear response

I apologize if this has been asked before, but during the course of play I somehow managed to close the GUI's for mission selection and contract selection while having the buttons on the toolbar still redded out as if they were open. This has caused me to become locked out of said menus. Is there a fix for this or am I just an idiot? I appreciate any help with this issue as I am rather fond of the save I buggered up. Thank you in advance

I was messing around some more with auto-recycling, and I noticed that it doesn't (or at least, doesn't always) auto-recycle if you're watching the debris fall from the tracking center. I think this is mainly the fault of KSP for throwing out weird numbers for the altitude of the vessel.

I watched some debris come down from the tracking station, with the debug window open. I noticed that KSP didn't destroy it at 25 km altitude, it actually waited until the altitude was negative. Then it destroyed it, and I got this debug line from mission controller:

[Log]: *MC* Vessel Mantis II Debris (unloaded) destroyed. Alt 1430391.5858285, body Kerbin, sit = SUB_ORBITAL

It seems like the altitude mission controller is getting back from KSP is wrong (I assume that's what v.mainBody.GetAltitude(v.CoM) does). And this is preventing MC from recycling it, because it checks for altitude to be less than 25000.

I apologize if this has been asked before, but during the course of play I somehow managed to close the GUI's for mission selection and contract selection while having the buttons on the toolbar still redded out as if they were open. This has caused me to become locked out of said menus. Is there a fix for this or am I just an idiot? I appreciate any help with this issue as I am rather fond of the save I buggered up. Thank you in advance

If you glitched them out you best bet is to shut down Kerbal Space Program and restart.

Mission Controller Extended is great. I like new custom contract system, bu it has some bug. I get to the Eve in orbit, make all gols and mission is not finished, it say it is but nothing happens, and i don?t get money.

This was unmamed, with maned i have same problem, but you just need to go EVE with your kerbal and then is goal finished.

Also, you can cheat with this contract system. Let say you are in Orbit around any planet, then you create custom contract to get in slightly higher orbit and you can get money for few seconds of burn . It is better to create 3 contract if you wont to get to the mun, then one. First you create one for orbit around Kerbin, then to get to orbit around Mun, then to land at Mun. That way you get more money if you finish all three contracts, and if you make some mistake, you still get some money, for contract you finished before.

Still Mission Controller Extended is one of best features in KSP :)

I'm pretty sure cheating by creating custom contracts that are unreasonable is a little like cheating by modifying your save game file directly: sure you can do it, but there isn't really any way to prevent people from doing so, and I'm not sure why you would want to prevent that anyway. The plugin is explicitly voluntary. Heck, you can even disable it for a launch to launch something for free. So if you want to cheat it in weird ways...be my guest.

There may be exploits that would need to be addressed, but they would be things that are done within normal gameplay, and may be hard to tell apart. For example, if several different missions can be completed simultaneously, and that's not intended.

Is this compatible with RSS? As I'm having issues I think maybe related. Also tool bar icons and menu function are bugged and exceptionally annoying, windows won't close when told etc. I'm assuming that this is a known issue.

What icons are giving you problems.. I need to know exactly whats going on because MCE has lots of icons, that do lots of different thing. Its compatible with RSS the problem is that I do not know of any mission packs that are written for RSS new values and planets.

I know of one issue with icons. And that has to do with Mini View for mission objectives. If you use mini view then you can go to Contracts or Missions for the icons. This can cause the icons to bug out (because of the Red buttons vs Blue buttons) Next version will have both Icons disabled while in mini view and only able to return via the Normal Button.

When your in Contract View the Mission icon is suppose to be blacked out. And vise versa.. You can't be in Contract and Mission GUI at the same time (will give you funny readouts that make no sense for each type of missions)

Edited by malkuth

Mission Controller Extended is great. I like new custom contract system, bu it has some bug. I get to the Eve in orbit, make all gols and mission is not finished, it say it is but nothing happens, and i don?t get money.

This was unmamed, with maned i have same problem, but you just need to go EVE with your kerbal and then is goal finished.

Also, you can cheat with this contract system. Let say you are in Orbit around any planet, then you create custom contract to get in slightly higher orbit and you can get money for few seconds of burn . It is better to create 3 contract if you wont to get to the mun, then one. First you create one for orbit around Kerbin, then to get to orbit around Mun, then to land at Mun. That way you get more money if you finish all three contracts, and if you make some mistake, you still get some money, for contract you finished before.

Still Mission Controller Extended is one of best features in KSP :)

Not sure what could be going on. But if all objectives are done the mission should be complete and get paid.

Possible issues that might be wrong maybe all the objectives are not done? or one is stuck.

Launching a vessel in disabled mode will actually make that vessel useless for anything in MCE for the rest of its life. All vessels launched in Disabled mode get flagged. This is to prevent cheating with the disabled button for MCE.

Looking at the code some more, I definitely agree with Bio that the fuel is not getting recognized. I know you said that not everything gets a debug line, but it looks like it does give out a debug line when it decides to use fuel. Specifically, in this chunk of code:

[B]foreach[/B] (Propellant pr [B]in[/B] e.propellants)
{
[B]if[/B] (rmasses.Keys.Contains(pr.name))
{
rmassdry -= rmasses[pr.name];
print([COLOR=#DD1144]"Using propellant "[/COLOR] + pr.name + [COLOR=#DD1144]"(mass: "[/COLOR] + rmasses[pr.name] + [COLOR=#DD1144]")"[/COLOR]);
}
}

Because the mass it's reporting in the line

print("DeltaV available: " + dV + "(Mass ratio: " + (mass + rmassdry) + " / " + (mass + rmass) + ", TWR " + TWR + ")");

is the correct dry mass, this implies that the fuel is never getting added, AND never getting taken away.

I suspect the culprit is somewhere in the block up above where it's counting up the resources. Specifically:

[B]foreach[/B] (ProtoPartResourceSnapshot r [B]in[/B] p.resources)
{
[COLOR=#445588][B]double[/B][/COLOR] amt = Tools.GetValueDefault(r.resourceValues, [COLOR=#DD1144]"amount"[/COLOR], [COLOR=#009999]0.0[/COLOR]);
[COLOR=#999988][I]//print(Tools.NodeToString(r.resourceValues, 0));[/I][/COLOR]
[B]if[/B] (!(amt > [COLOR=#009999]0[/COLOR]))
[B]continue[/B];
[COLOR=#999988][I]//DBG print("Found resource " + r.resourceName + ", amount " + r.amount + ", cost = " + rCost);[/I][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#445588][B]double[/B][/COLOR] dens = r.resourceRef.info.density;
[B]if[/B] (resources.ContainsKey(r.resourceName))
{
resources[r.resourceName] = resources[r.resourceName] + amt;
rmasses[r.resourceName] = rmasses[r.resourceName] + amt * dens;
}
[B]else[/B]
{
resources[r.resourceName] = amt;
rmasses[r.resourceName] = amt * dens;
}
rmass += amt * dens;
}

I can't really say more without being able to run debug tests, and I don't have the knowhow to compile it myself. It looks like it has debug lines commented out, so I'm assuming those got looked at at some point, and that block of code is, in fact, running. However, I do notice that amt is set using "Tools.GetValueDefault(r.resourceValues, "amount", 0.0)", but then in the debug line it's reported as "r.amount". It's possible that r.amount is just outdated, and the commented out debug code didn't get updated, but it looks highly suspect to me. Is it possible that amt is always set to the default of 0.0?

Yes its suppose to be 0. That part of the line helps with Null refrences if Values are not found. We are pointing at the values for different resources in the MCESettings.cfg file (all the different resource cost and tankage and all that wonderful stuff) The value is also important for the next line.

if amt > 0 the ! means if not so reads like this if 0 is not greater then amt continue. Else it just loops.

Then the reset should be pretty self explanatory we are getting the value for amt by checking the vessel and what it has for resources on it. And it has another if and else statement to stop any further null references that might come up.

The debug code is commented out because this was checked long time ago and found to work. But Ill check it again to make sure when I have a little extra time to do some test.

So my initial description was off for which I apologise.

I have only one way of closing this window once opened or re-start the game.

screenshot1_zps0df03482.png

screenshot3_zps683f651c.png

screenshot4_zps85154e4e.png

screenshot5_zpscf850aa1.png

I did try a contract and after a lot of messing about I got a satellite into the desired orbit. However I was unable to complete the contract because the desired apoapsis was in red. No matter what height I changed it too it was still red. I couldn't revert the mission to VAB using that window and I couldn't exit to space centre. In the end I alt-tabbed and had to shut KSP from desktop.

(Side note I did have trouble reading the tiny apoapsis etc figures when they were in red. I'm sure older players may agree with me on this :P)

My reason for asking about RSS compatibility is that my orbit durations are different from stock and I wondered if this was causing the inability to complete the contract.

I was thinking about if you could add integration with Final Frontier mod, so that MCE missions would add custom decals to kerbals that finish them (like scientific or command ranks) and, on the other hand, some missions would require an already condecorated kerbal to fly them. Would this be possible?

I was thinking about if you could add integration with Final Frontier mod, so that MCE missions would add custom decals to kerbals that finish them (like scientific or command ranks) and, on the other hand, some missions would require an already condecorated kerbal to fly them. Would this be possible?

I would also like to see this and I have said to nerid that I will gladly make spacesuits to accompany this.

Ill check it out Green Skull. Very possible I screwed up the icon order for Custom Contracts. (Im on work weekend so I won't have time to check this out until monday sorry. :( )

As for the mission you could not finish. This was a custom contract right?

Make sure ApA is higher then PeA (not the same). The way I wrote custom contracts you should not be able to go lower. But who knows. :)

For instance if you have ApA set to 70000 and PeA set to 70000 you will never be able to finish the mission because its almost impossible to get an orbit like this. And were checking for a number inbetween the two numbers. Not exact numbers. So this would always return false.

But if PeA is set to 70000 and ApA is set to 71000 then its possible, because once you get inbetween 70,000 and 71,000 its true for both PeA and ApA.

Edited by malkuth

The current longitude goal is 170 to -170, which seems to be correct. But even circling around in orbit, it never turns green (unlike latitude). Perhaps there's a bug in the code related to longitude?

Yeah I will have to check it out.

humm i think that hit something else http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c242/romie12321/screenshot4.png its with the MCE-Orbital Research thing it say it not on my ship when it is i added a pic of it

I experienced the same issue with orbital research sometimes not working. A quick look into the MCContracts.cfg shows a small naming discrepency.

Sometimes the PartGoal is listed as MCE.OrbitalResearch and sometimes as MCE-OrbitalResearch

See examples below.

The actual part name uses the dash instead of a period. Changing all instances to MCE-OrbitalResearch allows completion of the contracts.

name = Exploration Probe To The Mun

PartGoal

{

partName = MCE.OrbitalResearch

partCount = 1

}

name = Exploration Probe To Minmus

PartGoal

{

partName = MCE.OrbitalResearch

partCount = 1

}

name = Launch Interstellar Orbital Probe

PartGoal

{

partName = MCE-OrbitalResearch

partCount = 1

}

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.