(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

i like this mod very much but there is a problem i cant use the custom mission thing when my game screen is small can you make the gui of it changeable to i can use it and not have to ajust screen size

I'm doing the random mission package and trying to assemble a space station in orbit around Kerbin, but one of the mission goals is to UnDock vessel, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to attach the module without docking. Is this a bug?

I'm doing the random mission package and trying to assemble a space station in orbit around Kerbin, but one of the mission goals is to UnDock vessel, and I'm not sure how I'm supposed to attach the module without docking. Is this a bug?

Just dock. Then undock. should give you the complete message. The mission was built around you would have some sort of Vessel Bring the part of station into place. Then undock the vessel from the new station part.

Just dock. Then undock. should give you the complete message. The mission was built around you would have some sort of Vessel Bring the part of station into place. Then undock the vessel from the new station part.

So you can't complete the mission by just docking the part to the station? Why does it need to be undocked from a vessel?

I had a bug show up when using the F9 key to restore the game to a previous time (about one minute earlier) on the launch pad.

After using it, around 300,000 credits disappeared from my budget.

Where is the budget stored and is it possible to edit it?

So you can't complete the mission by just docking the part to the station? Why does it need to be undocked from a vessel?

Ok checked again and I was a little confused about the Undocking Goal. The random missions station construction has no undocking goals (in my random mission pack file). I think your thinking of one of the Boot Strap missions that most of them do have undocking goals. If you read the description of the mission package It states that I am not the author of the BootStrap Missions and did not write them. I included them in MCE because they added a lot of popular missions someone else wrote.

Doing this has caused issues though that I had no control over. I have fixed a bunch of them already, and I'm not sure why the author wrote Undocking goals for such and such a mission since I did not actually write them. But I have to ask.. Is this a bug, or a personal preference that you don't like in the mission. If I start rewriting missions because someone doesn't like a goal, then that can cause other types of problems and give me a work load I don't need at this time.

So if you can explain the issue a little better then I might be able to help. If this is a personal preference that you dislike about the mission, then I will not change it for that, I'm sorry.

You are free to edit the file yourself though. All Mission Controller missions are editable in their respective .mpk files with a simple txt editor.

Edited by malkuth

I had a bug show up when using the F9 key to restore the game to a previous time (about one minute earlier) on the launch pad.

After using it, around 300,000 credits disappeared from my budget.

Where is the budget stored and is it possible to edit it?

F9 is the AutoSave feature for Kerbal Space Program. Mission Controller has its own save file that has no effect from the F9 key, and has always been safe to use for KSP. In this instance I'm not sure what might have happened.

The budget is stored in the .sp file (name of game.sp) in the Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController

F9 is the AutoSave feature for Kerbal Space Program. Mission Controller has its own save file that has no effect from the F9 key, and has always been safe to use for KSP. In this instance I'm not sure what might have happened.

The budget is stored in the .sp file (name of game.sp) in the Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController

OK, it happen very quickly, so I probably only noticed the credits were gone after I hit the F9 key.

Thanks for the help finding the file, I was able to correct it.

Hey, when Im opening the contract window I get it spread all over my screen and its larger than it, which means I only see half of it and get the game stuck... (cant click anything) Im playing on highest resolution... any fixes? :)

The Mission Controller KSP Curse Forge page is updated. Old Spaceport link has been removed and I might go to just using curse for my links now and only have to deal with one upload link.. I will see how this new forge thing works out..

Edited by malkuth

ey, when Im opening the contract window I get it spread all over my screen and its larger than it, which means I only see half of it and get the game stuck... (cant click anything) Im playing on highest resolution... any fixes?

If you can get into settings you can try to reset the windows. If that does not work you can delete config.xml located in the \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController.

See if that helps. This really should not be happening higher Screen Resolution.. On less you mean your highest screen resolution in something small.

If you are working in a smaller resolution then you might have to wait until I can patch it and find a fix for smaller resolutions.

Is it the custom contracts screen giving you the problems or just the contracts screen? The custom contract screen is the biggest screen in MCE so Im thinking that is the one you mean and seems to be the one causing the most problems. I will be shrinking it in next version.

Edited by malkuth

Ok checked again and I was a little confused about the Undocking Goal. The random missions station construction has no undocking goals (in my random mission pack file). I think your thinking of one of the Boot Strap missions that most of them do have undocking goals. If you read the description of the mission package It states that I am not the author of the BootStrap Missions and did not write them. I included them in MCE because they added a lot of popular missions someone else wrote.

Doing this has caused issues though that I had no control over. I have fixed a bunch of them already, and I'm not sure why the author wrote Undocking goals for such and such a mission since I did not actually write them. But I have to ask.. Is this a bug, or a personal preference that you don't like in the mission. If I start rewriting missions because someone doesn't like a goal, then that can cause other types of problems and give me a work load I don't need at this time.

So if you can explain the issue a little better then I might be able to help. If this is a personal preference that you dislike about the mission, then I will not change it for that, I'm sorry.

You are free to edit the file yourself though. All Mission Controller missions are editable in their respective .mpk files with a simple txt editor.

Sorry, I did mean the boostrap missions, not the random ones. I'm not too sure myself if it's a bug or not, but I will look into the editing .mpk files, as that seems useful.

If you can get into settings you can try to reset the windows. If that does not work you can delete config.xml located in the \Kerbal Space Program\GameData\MissionController\Plugins\PluginData\MissionController.

See if that helps. This really should not be happening higher Screen Resolution.. On less you mean your highest screen resolution in something small.

If you are working in a smaller resolution then you might have to wait until I can patch it and find a fix for smaller resolutions.

Is it the custom contracts screen giving you the problems or just the contracts screen? The custom contract screen is the biggest screen in MCE so Im thinking that is the one you mean and seems to be the one causing the most problems. I will be shrinking it in next version.

Yea, its the custom one, when will the next version come? :P

There's a small bug in the randomMissions.mpkg:

Lines 778-780, in 24 - Minmus random satellite coverage:

OrbitGoal

{

body = Mun

Should be Minmus, I guess.

Recovering a craft seems to work a bit strangely. Sometimes my spaceplanes get recycled right, sometimes I only get a small fraction of the price back, even if landing back on the KSC runway. Possibly something to do with B9 Sabre engine mode switching, with EVAing /changing crew or then not. It'd be nice if the expected recycling profits could be seen somewhere, and these being differentiated by condition- landed on runway, splashed down, etc. It'd also be nice if there was a way to tell in VAB how many parachutes does a part need for recovery.

One more feature that I'd really enjoy would be an ability to have multiple missions running at the same time, with their states saved and an ability to run mission through multiple game sessions. Then it'd be possible to do something similar to Scott Manley's interstellar quest with MCE.

All in all a great mod- the best addition to my KSP experience so far. Thanks a lot for making this. :)

Recovering a craft seems to work a bit strangely. Sometimes my spaceplanes get recycled right, sometimes I only get a small fraction of the price back, even if landing back on the KSC runway. Possibly something to do with B9 Sabre engine mode switching, with EVAing /changing crew or then not. It'd be nice if the expected recycling profits could be seen somewhere, and these being differentiated by condition- landed on runway, splashed down, etc. It'd also be nice if there was a way to tell in VAB how many parachutes does a part need for recovery.

I haven't encountered that problem, but having a window with the info you describe would be great. To calculate the number of parachutes I have figured a rule that has worked well so far. Determine the mass of the stage/booster (I usually use Mechjeb's Vessel Info for that, but you can also manually add the dry mass of each part) in tons. Multiply that by 1.2 and round up to the nearest integer and you get the number of parachutes (M16 or radial) needed. M16-XL parachute counts as 2.

Example:

Stage has 8.75 tons of mass. 8.75 x 1.2 = 10.5. You need 11 radial chutes or 1 M16-XL plus 9 radials.

It's much simpler than replicating MCE's calculations. I don't guarantee it will work 100% of the time, but has worked for me.

As for recycling value, you can manually multiply the current value of the vessel indicated by MCE by:

splashedRecycle = 0.65

landedRecycle = 0.85

runwayRecycle = 0.95

autoRecycle = 0.5985 (.63 x .95)

Those are on MCSettings.cfg file and can be changed with txt editor like Notepad.

Yea, its the custom one, when will the next version come? :P

Starting work on it this week. At least thats the plan. Working on getting a Custom Asteroid Capture mission going where player can use custom contracts to capture an asteroid of choice.

Should be Minmus, I guess.

One more feature that I'd really enjoy would be an ability to have multiple missions running at the same time, with their states saved and an ability to run mission through multiple game sessions. Then it'd be possible to do something similar to Scott Manley's interstellar quest with MCE.

All in all a great mod- the best addition to my KSP experience so far. Thanks a lot for making this.

Thanks a bunch will fix it for next version. In fact just did. :)

I haven't encountered that problem, but having a window with the info you describe would be great. To calculate the number of parachutes I have figured a rule that has worked well so far. Determine the mass of the stage/booster (I usually use Mechjeb's Vessel Info for that, but you can also manually add the dry mass of each part) in tons. Multiply that by 1.2 and round up to the nearest integer and you get the number of parachutes (M16 or radial) needed. M16-XL parachute counts as 2.

Example:

Stage has 8.75 tons of mass. 8.75 x 1.2 = 10.5. You need 11 radial chutes or 1 M16-XL plus 9 radials.

It's much simpler than replicating MCE's calculations. I don't guarantee it will work 100% of the time, but has worked for me.

As for recycling value, you can manually multiply the current value of the vessel indicated by MCE by:

splashedRecycle = 0.65

landedRecycle = 0.85

runwayRecycle = 0.95

autoRecycle = 0.5985 (.63 x .95)

Those are on MCSettings.cfg file and can be changed with txt editor like Notepad.

I will see what I can come up with. Might not be next version though.

New Version .66 Change File and Download.

Fixed:

1. Added hidden goals to mini view, while in mini view goals will hide

automatically, which translate to Normal View. If in normal view and

select Hide Goal it will translate back to mini View when entered.

Applies to optional goals also.

2. Made the custom contract screen much smaller, should help with those

with smaller resolution monitors.

3. Fixed Random Mission Satellite Minmus. The target is now Minmus instead of mun.

Added:

1. New Custom Mission Contract addition. you can now select to capture

a asteroid in Custom contracts, and select from a current list of

subjects. This is a WIP. At this time the custom contract version

actually pays a little less than the Random Contract Version. This is

to help balance out Custom Contracts Vs Random Contracts. Still pays out

well though. But the big payouts are still in Regular Contracts.

You can download from Front page, the forge thing needs to be approved first though. :huh: but its always available on my dropbox. :)

Oh ps.. I didn't have much time to test this. I made sure everything worked.. But you never know so report any possible problems as usual.. I know you guys will :)

Also please note... That once you Set Asteroid capture all but Landing is No longer selectable. But.. you could say if you wanted to draw out the contract a little bit..

Go like this.

Select if vessel has crew.

Select kerbin (or mun or minmus) as orbital body and its APA and PEA.

Dock to something...

Then do the asteroid mission.

If manned.. then land.

Or....

Just do asteroid mission.. Your choice you can kinda make some interesting mission with contracts.. So have at it.

This in theory would bump up your payment for mission. But would add a lot more complexity to the mission.. Yeah you will have to do all those things in order. ;)

The list only shows the names of asteroids.. you will actually still have to unlock and track them in the tracking station! Best bet is to actually find the one you want first in tracking station. Then make the contract mission and select the name from the list.

Good luck.

Edited by malkuth

I have been having what I think is a conflict between mods. When I finish a mission and collect the payout, I go to recover my vessel and I can't. I click the button, but no go. I have to save, close KSP and reload the save. It doesn't do it every time just enough to be annoying. What would you suggest I look for in the log file to figure out what is causing this? I think it may be MCE or Achievements. I love them both, I hope I can figure this out.

New Version .66 Change File and Download.

Fixed:

1. Added hidden goals to mini view, while in mini view goals will hide

automatically, which translate to Normal View. If in normal view and

select Hide Goal it will translate back to mini View when entered.

Applies to optional goals also.

2. Made the custom contract screen much smaller, should help with those

with smaller resolution monitors.

3. Fixed Random Mission Satellite Minmus. The target is now Minmus instead of mun.

Added:

1. New Custom Mission Contract addition. you can now select to capture

a asteroid in Custom contracts, and select from a current list of

subjects. This is a WIP. At this time the custom contract version

actually pays a little less than the Random Contract Version. This is

to help balance out Custom Contracts Vs Random Contracts. Still pays out

well though. But the big payouts are still in Regular Contracts.

You can download from Front page, the forge thing needs to be approved first though. :huh: but its always available on my dropbox. :)

Oh ps.. I didn't have much time to test this. I made sure everything worked.. But you never know so report any possible problems as usual.. I know you guys will :)

Also please note... That once you Set Asteroid capture all but Landing is No longer selectable. But.. you could say if you wanted to draw out the contract a little bit..

Go like this.

Select if vessel has crew.

Select kerbin (or mun or minmus) as orbital body and its APA and PEA.

Dock to something...

Then do the asteroid mission.

If manned.. then land.

Or....

Just do asteroid mission.. Your choice you can kinda make some interesting mission with contracts.. So have at it.

This in theory would bump up your payment for mission. But would add a lot more complexity to the mission.. Yeah you will have to do all those things in order. ;)

The list only shows the names of asteroids.. you will actually still have to unlock and track them in the tracking station! Best bet is to actually find the one you want first in tracking station. Then make the contract mission and select the name from the list.

Good luck.

Amazing! I wonder, is there any way to disable the plugin in certain saves?

I have been having what I think is a conflict between mods. When I finish a mission and collect the payout, I go to recover my vessel and I can't. I click the button, but no go. I have to save, close KSP and reload the save. It doesn't do it every time just enough to be annoying. What would you suggest I look for in the log file to figure out what is causing this? I think it may be MCE or Achievements. I love them both, I hope I can figure this out.

I would have to take a look at the output log file located in data folder.

I just realized this has no support for Real Fuels. I find this rather surprising given that there is support for Interstellar and MFS (what's that?). Before I bother trying to add in RF support (I've looked at the MCSettings.cfg and think I know how to do it) I want to make sure it's possible or if it was left out because it's not compatible in some way with costing through MCE.

Also I wish the boards had a "search in thread" feature, a quick Google search didn't show up any Real Fuels/MCE discussion. Sorry if this is retreading old ground...

I just realized this has no support for Real Fuels. I find this rather surprising given that there is support for Interstellar and MFS (what's that?). Before I bother trying to add in RF support (I've looked at the MCSettings.cfg and think I know how to do it) I want to make sure it's possible or if it was left out because it's not compatible in some way with costing through MCE.

Also I wish the boards had a "search in thread" feature, a quick Google search didn't show up any Real Fuels/MCE discussion. Sorry if this is retreading old ground...

Search thread does exist. It's right up there in the grey bar above the first post and below the thread title. I believe MFS was a precursor of Real Fuels called Modular Fuel System.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.