(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

My issue is with Satellite Repair missions. I certainly put the "Mission Controller Repair Panel" on all satellites that I launch, as well as just about everything else "sciency" that I can. Will the Orbital Research Box and/or Rover Research Box cause a conflict?

Regardless, the Satellite Repair mission gives me the "No Vessels With Repair Available!" when each one has the Mission Controller Repair Panel installed.

Help?

I know alot of people wont read it but you may want to include a small note about backing up the save files when upgradeing versions either in the readme or on the front post. A number of mods recommend deleating the old mod files when updateing just to be sure nothing is left over in there that shouldn't be. If folks are in the habit of doing this (I'm one of them) doing so with MCE wipes out any progress in the saves. I noticed and was able to restore the files from the recycle bin. Didn't realize at first that you kept the saves in the gamedata folder instead of in the savegame's folder (KSPI puts its own file in the save folder)

I'm having a small issue. The science rewards are not being credited. I know this used to work and I'm not sure what mod may be interfering. I'm currently using .66 as the resolution issue isn't giving me problems. Has anyone else seen this and knows what is causing MCE not to add the science reward?

Note, the plugin itself doesn't seem to know it's not happening as the dialog clearly shows the reward when it's completed

My issue is with Satellite Repair missions. I certainly put the "Mission Controller Repair Panel" on all satellites that I launch, as well as just about everything else "sciency" that I can. Will the Orbital Research Box and/or Rover Research Box cause a conflict?

Regardless, the Satellite Repair mission gives me the "No Vessels With Repair Available!" when each one has the Mission Controller Repair Panel installed.

Help?

It should not effect it no. Also I highly suggest putting repair part only on missions specify them. Putting them on everything could mean your getting repair missions in places like Duna, and jool. Repair missions are designed for kerbin orbit operations.

Also make sure your using a right parts a repair part looks like a solar panel. Repair pats are what is used to do repairs and is a resource.

Also there is a debug tool in settings you can unlock in config. Cfg file that you can use to select random algorith that chooses your repair vessel target.

I'm having a small issue. The science rewards are not being credited. I know this used to work and I'm not sure what mod may be interfering. I'm currently using .66 as the resolution issue isn't giving me problems. Has anyone else seen this and knows what is causing MCE not to add the science reward?

Note, the plugin itself doesn't seem to know it's not happening as the dialog clearly shows the reward when it's completed

Look at known issues if this is crash type missions there is a bug in the kerbal space program window pop up that causes files to revert science points. Known issues tells you work around.

Thanks for the response. I'm not in debt. I know when I first undocked (by decoupling the node) nothing happened, so I redocked and undocked and got the pop up. Finish and save -> nothing happens (except window closes). I've tried that a few times now. Undock, window pops up, "finish and save" button, nothing happens except the window closes. I get 0 money and I still can't do the next mission (it's a prerequisite mission).

Did you say you were using ksp version .23 and not 23.5 ? If so I highly suggest updating to 23.5. Mce uses codes from 23.5 that's not in .23! Could be causing errors that's stopping mce from working.

Sorry if I wan't clear, I'm still using everything from version .23. I'm using the MCE that was out then. I'm still using .23 for the simple reason that I don't want to update all my mods yet. (It takes a while and I'll probably have to start new saves I'm assuming). I was just wondering if that problem had been fixed or if there was a known work around. At any rate, I edited out the docking goal of the mission and everything seems to work fine. Still not sure why it wouldn't give the rewards once the mission finished pop came up.

It should not effect it no. Also I highly suggest putting repair part only on missions specify them. Putting them on everything could mean your getting repair missions in places like Duna, and jool. Repair missions are designed for kerbin orbit operations.

Also make sure your using a right parts a repair part looks like a solar panel. Repair pats are what is used to do repairs and is a resource.

Also there is a debug tool in settings you can unlock in config. Cfg file that you can use to select random algorith that chooses your repair vessel target.

Thanks for the hasty response!

I'm using the right part. I knew that before I ever posted. (I also checked to see if others had the same issue)

I don't know, unless it would cause the symptoms I described above, a satellite repair mission around Duna or Eeloo sort of makes things more interesting, doesn't it?

I'll attempt to poke around the config and the debug tool, but a programmer I ain't. I -am- good a breaking things and used to be paid as a tester. =)

Not sure how to post stuff from my persistent.sfs without making a mess of my post, but what I did was eliminate -every- satellite in the universe, then launched one as a mission. I put the proper part on (the repair station what looks like a solar panel) and lobbed it into the correct inc/orbit. Got credit for it.

Advanced several days to the next "repair" mission. Only one satellite in the sky, right? Yup. But I still get the same error saying the repair part isn't on any satellites.

The part is on the satellite.

I'm not sure what the "Find Vessel Repairs" button does with regards to debugging. Nothing, evidently, since when I push it that's what happens.

I'm really not sure what's going on with this. Next thing will be to start disabling other mods that shouldn't be conflicting with this, but probably are.

Looking at the randomMissions.mpkg, it looks like repair missions only happen after you complete the "high orbit satellite" mission. And there are only two satellite launch missions that require the repair part on it, the high orbit satellite, and the telescope.

...is this right? I'm confused, since I know many other satellite launch missions required the part as well.

Well, I uninstalled. Reinstalled with MechJeb and Mission Control Extended only. Same issue.

I'm running this without having selected a mission package. Do I need to do that? Or will it run 'out of the box?'

Seems the mission packages aren't randomly selected.

I'm becoming very confused by this mod.

Looking at the randomMissions.mpkg, it looks like repair missions only happen after you complete the "high orbit satellite" mission. And there are only two satellite launch missions that require the repair part on it, the high orbit satellite, and the telescope.

...is this right? I'm confused, since I know many other satellite launch missions required the part as well.

Most repair missions are in the satellite contract missions. The random missions package is only random in the mission objectives like apa and pea values.

The contract missions are the truly random missions in mce.

Please give the manual a read. It's in a link on first page.

Well, I uninstalled. Reinstalled with MechJeb and Mission Control Extended only. Same issue.

I'm running this without having selected a mission package. Do I need to do that? Or will it run 'out of the box?'

I'm completely confused by your question. It almost sounds like your making this more complicated then needs be.

To run mce all you need is to place mce folder and toolbar in game data folder. That's it.

To run just play.

When in game the toolbars should show.

If you want to run a mission just load it from mission package in game .

You can run any package you want at anytime. You don't need to load any to have mce fuction.

To play a contract you use contract icon. Both missions and contracts have seperate buttons.

Missions are pre made packages that contain premise missions.

Contracts are the random missions generated by mce.

Custom contracts are missions you build yourself and is located inside the contracts menu.

You need to completely delete you mechjeb folder. Not just paste over it. If you changed anything in mce I would suggest deleting that also.

Many people enjoy playing mce and mechjeb together without issues. But It's hard for me to figure out what you might of changed that messed it up.

If you delete mce I suggest saving your . Sp file it's saved in the mce folder. Do this before deleting anything.

Edited by malkuth

You need to select a mission package and click select mission! As far as i can tell there are no "random missions"! (there is a mission package called "random missions" but this does not mean they are chosen randomly

Edited by Boamere

You need to select a mission package and click select mission! As far as i can tell there are no "random missions"! (there is a mission package called "random missions" but this does not mean they are chosen randomly

Contracts are random missions.

And the random missions packages values within the set missions are random.

Well the contracts are the ones I'm having -not- recognize the Satellite Repair Part.

I understand but if you can send me your Persistent save file and your .sp file this would help me figure this out. You can use a service like dropbox or any filehosting service to host the file. :) Just zip them up.

Hey malkuth! I have been playing around with the rockets from the FASA pack and guess what... the recycling of stages via "Rocket-powered landing" does work. But apparently only with stages dropped at very high altitude. I first noticed it with the Atlas, but the Titan rocket is a better example. The first stage never gets recycled this way, no matter how much fuel is left in the tank. Zero fuel detected, zero deltaV, no rocket powered landing. But the second stage, which I drop when I reach orbital altitude (100km in this case)... suddenly I get:

[Log]: *MC* Recycling vessel: Rocket-powered landing. Val: 7068

Makes me wonder if there's a minimum altitude set in the code somewhere.

Hey malkuth! I have been playing around with the rockets from the FASA pack and guess what... the recycling of stages via "Rocket-powered landing" does work. But apparently only with stages dropped at very high altitude. I first noticed it with the Atlas, but the Titan rocket is a better example. The first stage never gets recycled this way, no matter how much fuel is left in the tank. Zero fuel detected, zero deltaV, no rocket powered landing. But the second stage, which I drop when I reach orbital altitude (100km in this case)... suddenly I get:

[Log]: *MC* Recycling vessel: Rocket-powered landing. Val: 7068

Makes me wonder if there's a minimum altitude set in the code somewhere.

Hey bio are you using the Realchutes newest version?

Things have changed and the code in MCE no longer works in MCE for the newer versions of RC.

Im working on a fix now but take some testing before I get it out.

As for the altitude part there is no limit. The auto recycle in MCE works when KSP auto Destroys the part. Once that happens then the calculations for the auto recycle kick in. I guess its possible that if the part is not being unloaded and destroyed then autorecycle will not kick in.

Edited by malkuth

Where do i reset the budget? I'm millions of dollars in the red, so I can never get out of debt. I looked in save game files, such .sfs, etc. No joy.

The auto recycle in MCE works when KSP auto Destroys the part. Once that happens then the calculations for the auto recycle kick in. I guess its possible that if the part is not being unloaded and destroyed then autorecycle will not kick in.
I'm glad to see this. So, if I put chutes on boosters that are expended and fall back to Kerbin; if they touchdown in one piece, then their values are recycled and added to my bank account? I assume that applies to any other salvaged parts?

Another question: Why is the mission payout considerably less than the contracted amount? For instance, i just completed a satellite mission for $208k. Yet, I was paid about 450k.

Edited by Apollo13

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.