(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Advanced Jet Engine really throws MCE out of whack I think somehow, not really sure why but the costing goes through the roof. I beleive I noted this before but if there was a response I apologize for not seeing it.

http://www.blade-edge.com/images/forums/ksp/AJE1.jpg

http://www.blade-edge.com/images/forums/ksp/AJE2.jpg

Hey gaiiden is that engine from a mod? If so if mod author has some pretty high ISP values for it, then MCE will adjust price to match what the engine can do. Thats why a lot of the engines in addons like Interstellar are so expensive.

The next question is does that engine have its own ModuleSystem that is custom to the mod, if it does then you can use that Module to have MCE price down the engine a little. If it uses stock modules though then I'm afraid not much I can do about the price.

I like new feature automatic landing, I am using my mod for recycling stages, but you need to takeover stage before they fall below 30 000, and then control land it, if you put parachute on stage, you will only need about 100m/s delta v for secure landing. In your case I think that 1000 Delta V is to much, because to recycle two stages you will need 2000 Delta V, so your rocket has to be 50% bigger and more expensive if you wont to get to orbit and recycle stages.

Maybe if you put minimum fuel for recycling to be about 350 m/s, what do you think?

Hum. I can't seem to be able to create custom missions anymore? Nothing happens when I click that button.

I noticed this two but forgot to mention it make sure your in SpaceCenter Overview when making Custom Missions, not sure what happened but will check it out. For sure works in SpaceCenter Screen. I might of added it to stop a possible exploit with it. Should disable the button if thats the case.

Odd that it works on your machine and not mine. I clicked things in the debug tool, but if I'm honest, I had no idea what it did. Should the mod require use of a debug tool to make the repair missions work?

Nope, every 24 hours the game does a check and in that check it also chooses a new repair vessel. But if you have locked a contract in (and in the game you sent me you had a locked contract, that means you accepted one) then the 24 hour check is actually paused until you finish the contract or dismiss the contract. You should not have to use the debug tool at all. I even tried to see if maybe your 24 hour check was not working, and noticed it was not at first. Thats when I checked if you had a locked contract and you did. You can tell you have a locked contract when you enter the contract screen there will be a yellow warning telling you that contracts are locked on top of the GUI Screen.

After that everything worked fine, including the automated checks.

Hey gaiiden is that engine from a mod? If so if mod author has some pretty high ISP values for it, then MCE will adjust price to match what the engine can do. Thats why a lot of the engines in addons like Interstellar are so expensive.

Yes, it's the Advanced Jet Engine mod. Not sure why ISP would be different - I mean the ISP of the stock engine (pic 1) is the same as the AJE one (pic 2) - at least as shown in the stats window.

The next question is does that engine have its own ModuleSystem that is custom to the mod, if it does then you can use that Module to have MCE price down the engine a little. If it uses stock modules though then I'm afraid not much I can do about the price.

Good point, the mod does add an AJEModule to the stock JetEngine part when it changes it to the F100 turbofan. I will look into using that for pricing changes. Here is the module:

MODULE
{
name = AJEModule
IspMultiplier=1
defaultentype = 3
defineenparm= true
acore=4.3
byprat=0.36
tinlt=1000
prat2=1
eta2=1
tfan=1600
prat13=1.6
eta13=1
tcomp=1800
prat3=20
eta3=0.95
tt4=2921
prat4=1
eta4=0.984
eta5=0.982
fhv=18600
tt7=6000
eta7=0.92
abflag=1
}

Okay, so I declined that contract (And note that the program could not find a satellite with the repair parts)

Here's what I'm doing now:

1) Advancing Time 48(+/- 6) hours

2) Clicking on the VAB

3) Clicking the "Contract Select Screen" Button

4) Clicking the "Contracts" button

5) If Repair Contract -isn't- listed, clicking "Decline Current Contract"

5a) Click "X" to remove the window

5b) Return to the KSP view and repeat from step 1.

6) Repair Contract is now listed.

Vessel Name:

"No Vessels with Repair Available."

New link is here where I haven't committed to the mission.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/6ncyo4snt72jh29/Kerbal.zip

Finally got a proper satellite name with the repair contract! I'm still not sure why I was getting the errors in the first place. Some missions have you lob satellites in the sky without the repair part. You'd think the contracts portion would be able to discern what has the right parts on and what doesn't.

In the video you got your money back after you left flight screen, which is the way it works for manual landings? Not sure what I'm looking for? doesn't seem you used recover with the last one, in that case you won't get paid. You have to use KSP recover button to get manual landings recycling back.

Yes you need to use KSP recover button. In second stage recovery I have some update window problem, I trying to close it, and start clicking all over the place, probably this cause to get instantly to vehicle assembly building. I tested and Automatic landing recovery works great, even I find few bugs, but am sure you will manage to fix that. What is percentage of recovery? What we actually get back?

Yes you need to use KSP recover button. In second stage recovery I have some update window problem, I trying to close it, and start clicking all over the place, probably this cause to get instantly to vehicle assembly building. I tested and Automatic landing recovery works great, even I find few bugs, but am sure you will manage to fix that. What is percentage of recovery? What we actually get back?

With manual landing dry you get 85% and wet landing you get 65%.

hey! Is there a limit of funds in this mod? Or can I crash and fail as many times I want?

The more you go into debt the harder it is to get out. Your mission payouts are deducted a certain percentage while in debt.

- - - Updated - - -

i was wondering if there mission's that are made for RSS

Not that I know of.

i was wondering if there mission's that are made for RSS

I set the payout ratio to 5.0, and it seems to be playable in RSS level then.

Only thing that makes trouble is that some mission requires a pretty low orbit (<200km) and that's inside RSS' atmosphere...

Hi!)

Inspired by Bob Fitch's video i want to leave a suggestion=) May be it should be somethere else but it looks very similar to idea of this mod - to make you care more about your launches, so let it be here)

I think it will be cool to replace the "revert to VAB/SHP" feature with another one - computer simulation. It will cost something (for example the same 1000 credits, as the MCE revert feature does) and will be exatly the same as usual launch but without an ubility to switch vessels. When you succesfully (or not) tested your virtual vehicle, you launch real one and now pay for hiring kerbals, for fuel and etc. And, of course, now you will be responsible for lives of your crew and succes of your mission.

Sry for mistakes=/

Hi.

I have a Problem with the repair mission. I docked to the Vessel successfully, tranfer the repairparts, and then I got to EVA. I can use the repairbutton, but nothing happend. Maybe its bugged. Is it possible to fulfill the contract via Saveconfig. I tried many many things. Reload, qichsave and load, but I can`t fulfill the contract. Every other goal was not really a problem.

Greets

Cedex

Hi.

I have a Problem with the repair mission. I docked to the Vessel successfully, tranfer the repairparts, and then I got to EVA. I can use the repairbutton, but nothing happend. Maybe its bugged. Is it possible to fulfill the contract via Saveconfig. I tried many many things. Reload, qichsave and load, but I can`t fulfill the contract. Every other goal was not really a problem.

Greets

Cedex

Hmmm never had an issue with repair missions before, are you sure your docking with the correct satellite? You can cheat the mission done by adding the completed mission to the .sp file. If you have already completed some missions you can copy one of them and replace the name with the current mission, you will have to give yourself the payment though also, so might as well add it while your in the .sp file. Maker sure KSP is not loaded while doing this.

- - - Updated - - -

Can you have an existing save, install this mod, and everything will work?

Yes work fine.

Hmmm never had an issue with repair missions before, are you sure your docking with the correct satellite? You can cheat the mission done by adding the completed mission to the .sp file. If you have already completed some missions you can copy one of them and replace the name with the current mission, you will have to give yourself the payment though also, so might as well add it while your in the .sp file. Maker sure KSP is not loaded while doing this.

Okay Thanks. I would try another repair mission and look if the failure already exist. I played hard modded KSP, maybe it`s a problem with kerbal attachment system, or other mods. I will tell you if i figure out what causes the bug.

thx for your reply.

Awesome Mod!

Greets

Cedex

I must say I'm quite surprised that the "Known Issues" section had so few entries.

I tested the mod yesterday and I noticed that various things did not work and made playing impossible.

1st. After researching "Recycling" for 300 Science and clicking "Recover Vessel" - you don't get a s*t back. Instead you get to pay the whole rocket all over just to make a tiny adjustment like updating the Action Groups or adding Fuel Lines.

2nd. When taking the Contract to Orbit around Minmus and perform orbital Research for 1 Day --- I went into correct orbit around minmus, started the "Orbital Research Box" Research and the counter started counting. I accelerated time --- it went Past 6H (1 Kerbin Day) --- and past 23:59 hours after which it returned to 0 and turned red again.

In short: Research missions are impossible to complete. Another batch of money wasted.

3rd. Taking another mission which was to Orbit around a certain body... well, the body I had to orbit around was no other than "none". Meaning it is impossible to complete the mission due to the fact that its not possible to orbit around "Nothing" as you'd always orbit around the sun at least. (leaving the orbit of the sun would take 14 years and I think the vessel would simply disappear in that event)

Overall I must say I'm very disappointed in the mod. It looked nice to have a challenge and a tight budget to build rockets, but having no (WORKING) way to get money back from vessels and it not being possible to complete any of the interesting missions makes this impractical.

Now I'm stuck with a budget of 64.0 $ because I never got money back from the vessel I had on the launchpad~ now being unable to actually make any money because its impossible to build a cheap rocket to perform an impossible mission.

Sad Fox Here :(

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.