(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Malkuth, I'm glad you made/tookover this mod. I use it extensively. It adds fun, variety, and challenge to the game. Like UAL002, I wondered if Squad had approached you to integrate some of MCE's ideas into 0.24.

I know you've mentioned that you'll stripout a bunch of the missions when 0.24 arrives. Perhaps, MCE can exist along side KSP's official contract and budget system. That is, meld MCE contracts in with KSP's.

Squad is aware of the modding community. First of all, they've made integration of mods easy. Secondly, every Monday, Squad highlights a specific mod, Modding Mondays.

Yes Im aware of modding Mondays.:) I was talking more about a time issue, working on a mod is a lot of work, but doesn't come close to what the Devs of Kerbal Space Program have to do. So my thoughts were they know mods exist but not might no much about an individual mod.

I plan on trying to covert some of the Contracts from MCE to the new .24 system yes. And I have been thinking about keeping some of the old missions as a Classic Version MCE type thing. Of course a big issue will be to balance old missions with the new .24 system. I have no idea what the plan is for how much people get paid, or other economy stuff. So i'm sure I will have to go through all the Payouts also. ;) It will be some work thats for sure.

Just thought I would say that I started playing around with SSTO and noticed that indeed the landing on runway is not working correct. (your getting only 85% back, landing dry) Your suppose to get 95% + Fuel. So I thought I would share what I been doing, has nothing to do with MCE other then the prices.. But basically I build a SSTO launch it, and as long as its not destroyed it stays in the world. I park it in a parking spot, and have a dedicated Refueling Truck (that you spawn in for MCE and pay for) that refuels the Jet. Pretty nice system. Been testing a few SSTO I built and decided to keep this one. Will order 2 more and have a fleet of 3 ready for missions when needed. :)

Thought I pass it around that sometimes you can just use KSP own system to store your vessels.. Once you buy a Jet once... Why buy it again?

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Have not changed any of those Parachut values in a long time. And the crater Mission was fixed long ago to. Been what I have been using all the time and the parachutes are very cheap. Of course you can change them if you wish. I also checked my Github page and I haven't updated MCSettings for 21 days.

Also the Crater landing should have these values now, I just checked the download and its updated.

maxLongitude = 170

minLongitude = -170

The parachute cost reduction came after a discussion about the recycling savings being too small. You gave us the code ModuleParachute massCostMult = .25 for us to insert ourselves if we wanted (check your post #1385 back in April). It appears you later incorporated that in version .68, at least it's there in the ZIP file in my Downloads folder and I don't usually make changes to those files. I skipped version .69, but when I installed .70 I noticed the parachute prices jumped again to over 1000 each. Version .70 has parachute modules at costMult = .10, which doesn't seem to do anything (I tried changing that value... and nothing changed in game).

I remember the discussion about the Crater mission, and I though it was fixed too. Then I tired it myself this week and couldn't do it. I tinkered with the longitude values and managed to do the mission just now with the following:

maxLongitude = 179

minLongitude = 170

That range translates to less than half of the crater, but if you land on that half it works.

With the -170 to 170 longitude range it shows as green for the whole planet, except for the crater. I can land on the ocean north of the space center and finish the mission successfully. Just not on the crater! :/

PS: I love your SSTO!

Edited by BioHaZarD.PT

Just thought I would say that I started playing around with SSTO and noticed that indeed the landing on runway is not working correct. (your getting only 85% back, landing dry) Your suppose to get 95% + Fuel.

Hi! im using your extended mod for long time but i didnt write yet. I came today to post exactly that, but you just say it.

Anyway i downloaded the code from Git and search there to try to find the problem. And in the line 436 of MissionControllerCalc.cs there's a case for land in runway commented. I dont know if you know how works that part, because maybe was from the last developer but in any case we can try to fill it. Maybe its commented because there's no way to know if the vessel is landed on runway, do u know anything about it?. The code probably should be something like:

case 2: // landed on runway

return (int)(Tools.Setting("runwayRecycle", 0.95) * dry() + Tools.Setting("fuelRecycle", 0.95) * wet()));

I would try to compilate myself to try if works or not but i dont know how to do it xDD. I "worked" a lot with Unity but... i dont know the way Unity, KSP and its mods are connected.

Thanks a lot for this awesome mod, i think that changes totally the experience :)

MCE is miscalculating the ship's value. Note that Control & SAS shows as 52.647 MILLION. I believe that is incorrect.

http://i.imgur.com/sCPh8cs.png

Here's the craft file:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kbe7ab21q01pipr/Mun%20Lander%202.craft

I've seen it happen with some custom parts. Like the "Gemini ASAS Mini Computer" from FASA Pack, which costs 4 million for some reason.

Most important part I need to know is what mods are in that ship?

And, the offending mod is .......TweakScale.

The following image is a ship with two parts: stock MK1 Command Pod and MechJeb. On the left, MechJeb is set to full (100%) size; the Control & SAS cost is correct. In the right image, MechJeb is half-size. Shrinking MechJeb causes the cost to spike upwards.

Using TweakScale on other parts appears to not have this effect; just MechJeb.

r01hFij.png

I mentioned the problem in the TweakScale thread. Another user (not the TweakScale modder) replied:

This is an old problem with MCE that had something to do with the weight of mechjeb. TweakScale might be rounding to 0.
Edited by Apollo13

And, the offending mod is .......TweakScale.

The following image is a ship with two parts: stock MK1 Command Pod and MechJeb. On the left, MechJeb is set to full (100%) size; the Control & SAS cost is correct. In the right image, MechJeb is half-size. Shrinking MechJeb causes the cost to spike upwards.

Using TweakScale on other parts appears to not have this effect; just MechJeb.

http://i.imgur.com/r01hFij.png

I mentioned the problem in the TweakScale thread. Another user (not the TweakScale modder) replied:

makes sense if tweakscale effects weight of part. MechJeb had two problems with MCE that I fixed somewhat. Its weight is really low and messes with MCE value, and it also has ModuleCommand that is very expensive in MCE.

A quick fix was to adjust the price for its current weight, and Brought it down to about I think under 2500. But if tweakscale is bring the weight down even more then its a problem again. You can delete the ModuleCommand from Mechjeb and this should help it work with Tweakscale better. Won't effect mechjeb since nobody uses that part anymore as a Probe.

I've had a problem with this mod that has plagued my window size since early on. I never mentioned it but I will now. Something triggers my MCE windows to be super wide. Like I have to use the scroll bar to scroll way over to see details of missions. I don't have a screen capture yet, I'm not home but does anyone else have this issue?

I've had a problem with this mod that has plagued my window size since early on. I never mentioned it but I will now. Something triggers my MCE windows to be super wide. Like I have to use the scroll bar to scroll way over to see details of missions. I don't have a screen capture yet, I'm not home but does anyone else have this issue?

That is most likely scansat. Only time i have ever noticed it happening is when I had that Mod installed. It actually happens to other mods too, but is less noticable because they don't have as much text. For some reason ScanSat is disabling wordWrap.. Not sure why never been able to figure it out.

I'm having the old not-landed-rover-science-package-problem all over again in my game. Can't seem to activate the rover science package on Eve. Would this be a KSP problem, still?

I'm having the old not-landed-rover-science-package-problem all over again in my game. Can't seem to activate the rover science package on Eve. Would this be a KSP problem, still?

You landed dry land? Or in eves case the liquid whatever it is?

Have to be dry land for it to work in case your in liquid.

The first two were in the water. 650k and four years later I landed on dry land. That's when I had the error.

Little something I have been working on while I been messing with SSTO refueliing and Keeping all my planes in game. Just sneak peak..

If your still wondering after the pics, its a new module, that might help out those that don't want to spawn Fuel, to refuel Planes. :)

*snip images*

Could you make the part module work with all resources? KSPI's UF4 and ThF4 seem like good reasons to allow non-pumpable resources. Also, could you make one that does the opposite, ie to sell resources a spaceplane brings back?

Could you make the part module work with all resources? KSPI's UF4 and ThF4 seem like good reasons to allow non-pumpable resources. Also, could you make one that does the opposite, ie to sell resources a spaceplane brings back?

Already does, the part checks what resource is in part and uses them. Right now it can only use 2 resources per tank though. Of course default is Liquid Fuel and Oxidizer, but you can change the tank and make it what you want. Still WIP might add a config file, been thinking about actually releasing it as a seperate download for when .24 comes out that deals with ground operations for planes.

And yes, could do the opposite. Easy. ;) Ill work on it some more.

I have this problem as well. I was on dry land (Gilly). However, the Rover Research Box was atop my lander which was on legs. I folded the legs and toppled the lander so the Rover Research Box was actually sticking into the ground. All motion ceased. It still indicated that I had not landed.

Sidebar: good to know about the "must be on dry land" requirement. I'm about to land on Laythe with Rover Research Box. Now I know to aim for land.

Edited by Apollo13

I have this problem as well. I was on dry land (Gilly). However, the Rover Research Box was atop my lander which was on legs. I folded the legs and toppled the lander so the Rover Research Box was actually sticking into the ground. All motion ceased. It still indicated that I had not landed.

Sidebar: good to know about the "must be on dry land" requirement. I'm about to land on Laythe with Rover Research Box. Now I know to aim for land.

Ya Im not sure about this. But if you land in water then I think it always counts as landed in water even if you drive to dry land.

Not until you lift off ground a little, and land dry will it count. Its a limitation of how KSP is deciding what a vessel is I think. I will have to do some more test to see if this is the case.

Also there is a bug in the RoverCode I just caught.. Should not effect this at all. But basically the landing site for Rover Research is always the same planet... Until you exit game come back in. Fixed in the next update.

Or I can just add the LandWet value and call it good too. Let me do some more test, and see if my theory is true.

Update .71 Released.

1. Fixed a possible bug or issue with the RoverLanding Mission Goal. Sometimes the is Rover Landed check did not work. It should be better now. The actual problem was that the part was sometimes not being activated so the check was not being placed. I have forced the part to activate now on start, so should work fine. Also can land dry or wet. Both are separated and shown in the GUI window now.

2. Added: Added 2 more contract missions. Manned landing on mun and minmus.

3. Added new Ground Crew Modules. These are designed to help with Plane Operations. The Refuel Tank can purchase Fuel and operates only while landed and while on kerbin. Use it as part of a fuel truck, to help Refuel your Planes on ground without having to spawn in new tanks. Kas is almost a must for the fuel transfer to plane.. Other than that you need to use dockingports to connect.

4. Added new Ground Crew Modules. 2nd module is a sell module, it can be operated anywhere, and will buy back resources that you place inside of them. Kethane support can be added if you change resource to kethane. Kethane has been added already to MCSettings.cfg file and now has a cost value. You can't buy kethane though.. So don't try.

All modules are set up to accept any resource that is defined in the MCSettings.cfg file. If you want to change or make other tanks just change the type of resource the tank holds in the part.cfg file. Only 2 resources per tank allowed.

The ground crew support is a Huge WIP. I can't stress this enough. I had to disable the Top Node for FuelTransfers would not happen. So both tanks can only be attached from the bottoms. For some reason fuelTransfer = false is not working for Tanks. But disabling a Node is.. So the bottom node is disabled, but can't disable more than one, so I decided to just kill the top node all together. You can use a Truss or other part to add a node to the top if you have too.

this had to be done to Fix a HUGE HUGE exploit with FuelTransfers.

Edited by malkuth

Heads up though. I can "edit" my fuel with Fuelbalancer anywhere on the surface of Kerbin to my knowledge. This update is good, and as long as I don't cheat with Fuelbalancer I'm ok, but just FYI. Haven't tested it with your new update but I'm assuming it will still work. I've been thinking recently that Fuelbalancer might be a little OP now anyway with how career mode and realism mods are progressing. I'm looking forward to the new contracts. I cant wait to see what else you got coming.

Suggestion: Change the repair goal to not require the docking. With KAS, I can write a config that makes the repair can attachable on EVA, making the docking pointless, I can share that config if needed. Its super simple.

Final Note: I've considered starting up a free 3DM program to flesh out some models for your parts, especially the repair panel. I'd be learning as I go so don't hold your breath.

Edited by UAL002

Heads up though. I can "edit" my fuel with Fuelbalancer anywhere on the surface of Kerbin to my knowledge. This update is good, and as long as I don't cheat with Fuelbalancer I'm ok, but just FYI. Haven't tested it with your new update but I'm assuming it will still work. I've been thinking recently that Fuelbalancer might be a little OP now anyway with how career mode and realism mods are progressing. I'm looking forward to the new contracts. I cant wait to see what else you got coming.

Suggestion: Change the repair goal to not require the docking. With KAS, I can write a config that makes the repair can attachable on EVA, making the docking pointless, I can share that config if needed. Its super simple.

Final Note: I've considered starting up a free 3DM program to flesh out some models for your parts, especially the repair panel. I'd be learning as I go so don't hold your breath.

Thanks UAL002 I have never used Fuelbalancer so don't know how it works. It can add fuel on kerbin? I have thought about taking the dockingports off repair missions because I use KAS also. But my concern is that people that don't realize you have to do some sort of docking to actually transfer repairParts to the satellite will get lost. And I will get about 50 reports that Repair does not work. I guess I could take it off as requirement and spell it out clearly in the mission description. But also the docking part is what is used to id the ship your suppose to dock to.

Thanks for help if you can, I need it real bad with the part models. I mean I could totally make a 3d model of anything thats the easy part. The make it or break it of parts though is the texture though. And I have had no luck with textures at all. Trying to figure out the mask on the Tanks for the Refuel Models was a nightmare and I basically just gave up. (always came out black)

The 2 new contracts are just landing missions, I really wanted to add a new Mission Goal and require player to do a Sample. But ran out of time. :( I also wanted to make it biome specific but that would been a huge amount of work to write in random code for both mun and minmus biomes.

Edited by malkuth

if you guys want to start selling kethane from say an orbital station, you can make a copy of PurchaseTank folder and rename it and use this config file. sorry didn't include it in release. but this should work. The model texture can be edited they are only .png files.

by the way the tank used in MCE tanks is the default Rockomax X200-32 Fuel Tank. You can also just add the modules to any other tanks you want to use to make them work.. Keep in mind the issues I mentioned though about fuel transfer. Their is a huge exploit, but also the Purchase tank has no issue stealing all the same fuel from any other tank attached and not paying you for it!!! So be careful!

PART
{
name = KethanPurchaseTank // name your folder for this. Just copy the purchaseTank folder and rename the copy to this. And add all the models, and textures and this config.cfg file.
module = Part
author = Malkuth

mesh = model.mu
rescaleFactor = 1

node_stack_bottom = 0.0, -1.875, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 2
node_attach = 1.25, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1

TechRequired = heavyRocketry //change this to what you want, both resource tanks are released in heavyRocketry for MCE tanks.
entryCost = 8800
cost = 10000
category = Utility
subcategory = 0
title = Malkuth Industries Kethane Selling Tank
manufacturer = Malkuth Industries
description = This tank is used to Sell Kethane from the Kethane Mod, it can work anywhere... Even in space!

attachRules = 1,1,1,1,0

mass = 1.2 // should not have to raise this kethane itself is more dense and heavy I believe when the resource is added to tank.
dragModelType = default
maximum_drag = 0.2
minimum_drag = 0.3
angularDrag = 2
crashTolerance = 3
breakingForce = 200
breakingTorque = 200
maxTemp = 900
NoCrossFeedNodeKey = bottom // this stops a pretty big problem, but will not be a huge issue with kethane since its not usually connected to other tanks. Suggest still keeping sell tank separate from others!

RESOURCE
{
name = Kethane
amount = 0 //don't cheat and add kethane to tank. Not the way kethane was meant to be used.. Mine it!
maxAmount = 2880
}

// change the resources to whatever you want, resourcePurchase will read them. Only 2 resources per tank! And make sure the MCSettings.cfg file has a value for your Resource.
MODULE
{
name = ResourcePurchase
}
}

Kethane itself in price is inbetween Oxidizer and Liquid fuel in price. So keep that in mind.

Edited by malkuth

I'm sorry if this has been answered somewhere else, but i really don't want to read through 180 pages of forum thread, and my attempts at googling the problem just direct me to this thread or just give junk.

It seems to me like the whole daily payment thing doesn't work. I'll complete a mission that takes control away from me and is supposed to give $*** per day in payments, but i never see any of the money.

I also have a question: If i build a rocket with Extraplanetary launchpads, will my budget be charged for it?

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.