(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

That Voyager contract is fantastic and the Apollo missions were great fun. I'll never understand why they didn't stock this along with Fine Print (which was also very good)

Big props malkuth.

Would you consider doing some kind of 'Munny Poligon' (but not robotic) 'Duna One' contracts? And also is there a video link showing off the newest additions?

First of all great mod! I've been playing with it since before Squad added their own contract system. However I've ran into an issue. I'm loving doing the historical missions but they stopped popping up in at mission control. Last two I did was launch the Agena docking vehicle and a TIROS satellite launch. What are the requirements for the mission offers to trigger? I couldn't find it in the config files in the mod folder.

Excellent mod, I really like the variety of contract types it adds.

I just have one wish for it. I have built a variety of SSTO spaceplanes that, for role playing purposes, I land and refuel at KSC rather than recovering and relaunching. So the SSTOs are all old vessels which makes it impossible to complete crew transfer, civilian, repair or resupply contracts with them. Which, in real life, would really be their primary purpose...

So would it be possible to change the "new vessel" requirement for such contracts to instead require "landed at Kerbin" before allowing any other contract objectives to complete? That way you could reuse vessels without cheating and keeping them in orbit to just complete contracts over and over.Basically the idea is to have a "new launch" rather than "new vessel".

Maybe you could internally track the date of last launch for each vessel (such as any transition from "landed at Kerbin" to "flying" or "low in space") and require this date to be after the contract accept date. That should work for planes and rockets, and still allow new vessels as well. Maybe in time it could even be extended to allow launches from other planets or moons with established mining bases to resupply their orbital transfer stations...

At the moment I'm rather sad that my SSTOs are gathering dust in front of the SPH...

Oops, I guess you can (mostly) disregard my above feature request. I just remembered that I could just undock my SSTO from the refueling station after accepting the contract, and it would reset the MET and make it count as a new vessel. So I actually can complete my contracts with the SSTOs.

[edit] However now I have a problem with the "Land your vessel on Kerbin" objective. It doesn't complete. All the other objectives are green, but this one doesn't get the checkmark when I land my SSTO.

This looks like a bug. I was able to complete the mission with a new rocket (including landing), but a new SSTO spaceplane landing at KSC runway didn't trigger the "Land your vessel on Kerbin" objective even when all others were completed. Do you have an idea why that could be?

Edited by jd284

That Voyager contract is fantastic and the Apollo missions were great fun. I'll never understand why they didn't stock this along with Fine Print (which was also very good)

Big props malkuth.

Would you consider doing some kind of 'Munny Poligon' (but not robotic) 'Duna One' contracts? And also is there a video link showing off the newest additions?

Thanks Glad you enjoyed the Contracts. I myself had great fun with the Apollo Contracts. ;)

I have many plans for when I get back into modding KSP for new historical contracts. Pretty sure that in all future updates I will be only adding new historical contracts to the mix. Also maybe even future contracts. So I will take a look at your suggestions.

- - - Updated - - -

First of all great mod! I've been playing with it since before Squad added their own contract system. However I've ran into an issue. I'm loving doing the historical missions but they stopped popping up in at mission control. Last two I did was launch the Agena docking vehicle and a TIROS satellite launch. What are the requirements for the mission offers to trigger? I couldn't find it in the config files in the mod folder.

Most historical contracts require a Tech Level Upgrade. I don't think I updated this information in awhile.

Tiros 1: FlightControl

Tiros 2: SpaceExploration and Electrics and FlightControl

Tiros 3: Advanced Exploration + Above.

All Mariner: FlightControl + Tiros 1 Done.

Voyager need Advanced Exploration and all the Mariner contracts done.

Apollo Missions Require: Field Science, Advanced Landing, Heavier Rocketry.

SkyLab Requires: Large Electronics and Specialized Construction.

Agena Requires: Specialized construction and Voskhod 2 to be done.

After this you are at the mercy of the contract system for these to show up. More contract you have in game the less things tend to show up since they all share the same pool. Also most contracts require you to have at least decent Standing.

- - - Updated - - -

Oops, I guess you can (mostly) disregard my above feature request. I just remembered that I could just undock my SSTO from the refueling station after accepting the contract, and it would reset the MET and make it count as a new vessel. So I actually can complete my contracts with the SSTOs.

[edit] However now I have a problem with the "Land your vessel on Kerbin" objective. It doesn't complete. All the other objectives are green, but this one doesn't get the checkmark when I land my SSTO.

This looks like a bug. I was able to complete the mission with a new rocket (including landing), but a new SSTO spaceplane landing at KSC runway didn't trigger the "Land your vessel on Kerbin" objective even when all others were completed. Do you have an idea why that could be?

I would have to look into it. But I have a feeling its because I used a work around for the landing not to trigger on launch. (which it will if its not) So its possible what I did is not being triggered by you SSTO when in space. So that objective can never be done.

I would have to look into it. But I have a feeling its because I used a work around for the landing not to trigger on launch. (which it will if its not) So its possible what I did is not being triggered by you SSTO when in space. So that objective can never be done.

If there's any way I can help debug it, let me know. Like providing (or hacking) the savegame or craft file, or trying something.

I guess it's not easily possible to just not complete the "landed" objective until the orbit or docking objective is met?

I haven't played since 0.23 or something like that and I used to follow the contracts in MCE, for a challenge and to guide me as a campaign with the historical objectives or weird missions (one of my favorite challenges was to orbit with one kerbal and then return him to the spaceship, can't really remember all the conditions).

Now that I'm back I find that the contract objectives are not giving me the same sense of satisfaction, maybe because they seem random, maybe because I don't see a goal like before when I could check each mission in sequence, maybe because I'm weird.

Is there any way to get the old MCE working in science mode or something similar?

Thanks for the great work.

I haven't played since 0.23 or something like that and I used to follow the contracts in MCE, for a challenge and to guide me as a campaign with the historical objectives or weird missions (one of my favorite challenges was to orbit with one kerbal and then return him to the spaceship, can't really remember all the conditions).

Now that I'm back I find that the contract objectives are not giving me the same sense of satisfaction, maybe because they seem random, maybe because I don't see a goal like before when I could check each mission in sequence, maybe because I'm weird.

Is there any way to get the old MCE working in science mode or something similar?

Thanks for the great work.

Yea its still possible. Not to much time to do it right now.

I think I actually got the old Mission Controller to actually work in sandbox. Not much needs to be changed really just a few things. It would be sandbox only though. Let me see what I can do.

Yea its still possible. Not to much time to do it right now.

I think I actually got the old Mission Controller to actually work in sandbox. Not much needs to be changed really just a few things. It would be sandbox only though. Let me see what I can do.

Wow, Awesome, thanks!

Really like the look of this Mod, I've been playing a career with RSS and struggling to get past LKO largely because of funding, stock contracts are offering me around 100k for missions that will take at least 80k to complete which is why I came looking for contract mods.

however when I put the RSS config file that comes with the mod in it seems to get rewritten to the original version when I load my save, I think I saw someone else mention it but couldn't see an answer.

Any help with this, or general help with getting funds in RSS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Really like the look of this Mod, I've been playing a career with RSS and struggling to get past LKO largely because of funding, stock contracts are offering me around 100k for missions that will take at least 80k to complete which is why I came looking for contract mods.

however when I put the RSS config file that comes with the mod in it seems to get rewritten to the original version when I load my save, I think I saw someone else mention it but couldn't see an answer.

Any help with this, or general help with getting funds in RSS would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I might need to rewrite it, things have changed a little so it might be having issue now.

Edit. Ok I updated the file to the new format I thought I already did this but I guess not. This new file should help out the only thing I'm not sure of is some of the newer historical contracts, I'm pretty sure I wrote them different and should be fine though, or they use the existing configs.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yniznp3l6k9ckch/ConfigRSS.rar?dl=0

Edited by malkuth

• 2 weeks later...

Just a heads up on a series of videos I started on the Mission Controller Historical Contracts.

I created this series to show off my Mission Controller historical Contracts, but has become a lot more. With this series I cover the original missions Apollo 7, Apollo 9, Apollo 10, Apollo 11 and Apollo 15. After doing some of these contracts I decided to expand the Apollo program in Mission Controller and wrote Apollo 17 (Minmus Landing) and expanded the Kerbal version of APollo by expanding to Duna in the future.

The Apollo-Duna program is something I'm working on write now and will be released with Apollo 17 when Version 1.0 of Kerbal Space Program is released. Enjoy this ongoing series.

Latest Episode released is Apollo 11.

The First video in Series Apollo 7.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey! I am trying to design some custom contracts around asteroid exploration. To create custom contracts, do I need DevBuild6/7? If so, where can I find it. I can't seem to find it anywhere for download.

I don't have the ability to have custom contracts that you can write yourself. But there is another mod called Contract Configurator.

Possible bug: A couple days ago, I accepted the Apollo15 mission, which I've not completed. Today, I got another Apollo 15 mission. I accepted to get you the screen shot. Note that one is Significant, the latest is Exceptional.

bfWAugh.jpg

Possible bug: A couple days ago, I accepted the Apollo15 mission, which I've not completed. Today, I got another Apollo 15 mission. I accepted to get you the screen shot. Note that one is Significant, the latest is Exceptional.

http://i.imgur.com/bfWAugh.jpg

Hmmm, will have to check that out. Should not allow it but who knows. ;)

As version 1.0 is on its way on 27th thought I would give a heads up to what I'm doing with Mission Controller for 1.0 KSP.

First whats leaving.

No more hire Cost (1.0 has it)

Civilian Contracts Reduced to Landing and Station Tours (1.0 Has its own civilian contracts If I'm happy with the new civilian system I might get rid of them all. Or update mine with new Civilian Kerbals.)

No more in editor Parts reader (1.0 has some sort of System)

No more dependencies. (you only need mission controller now to run MC).

No more Insurance (?)

Whats being Added

Another Revamp of Repair Missions. No longer require SpareParts or any type of resource. All you need now is a Kerbal Engineer to fix satellites. Or stations.

Added Apollo 17 (Minmus)

Added new expanded Apollo Missions with 9 new single contracts covering the Set up and landing on Duna.

Rewrote the Orbit Research and Landing Research Contracts to be more NASA Like.

The parts have had a overhall pass and renamed. They reflect Real World Early Tech found on early Probes. Orbital Research Is now Ionization Chamber and LanderResearch is Mass Spectrometry Tube. (will be save friendly transfer)

If I have Time

Rewrite all Satellite contracts to be more NASA like.. More specific type contracts to add flavor but Not function to the MCE Satellite system.

Edited by malkuth

ChangLog.

1. KSP 1.0 Version compatible.

2. No more hire Cost (1.0 has it)

3. Civilian Contracts Turned off (possibly removed next version since 1.0 has civ contracts)

4. No more in editor Parts reader (1.0 has some sort of System)

5. No more dependencies. (you only need mission controller now to run MC).

6. Another Revamp of Repair Missions. No longer require SpareParts or any type of resource. All you need now is a Kerbal Engineer to fix satellites. Or stations.

7. Added Apollo 17 (Minmus)

8. Added new expanded Apollo Missions with 9 new single contracts covering the Set up and landing on Duna.

9. Rewrote the Orbit Research and Landing Research Contracts to be more NASA Like.

10-. The parts have had a overhall pass and renamed. They reflect Real World Early Tech found on early Probes. Orbital Research Is now Ionization Chamber and LanderResearch is Mass Spectrometry Tube. (will be save friendly transfer)

11. Most other contracts that remain have been been made more Realistic in explanations.. Like historical missions.

Awesomely fast update here malkuth ! Although, while it's displaying version 1.12.1 on CKAN, it's listed as incompatible for KSP 1.0.0. It's the case for a few mods, I wonder if it's a CKAN problem or if some modders did something wrong.

Awesomely fast update here malkuth ! Although, while it's displaying version 1.12.1 on CKAN, it's listed as incompatible for KSP 1.0.0. It's the case for a few mods, I wonder if it's a CKAN problem or if some modders did something wrong.

Ckan takes its info from Kerbal Stuff. When I uploaded and a lot of other early uploaders uploaded we did not have an option for Version 1.0 on Kerbal Stuff. Since Ckan uses that information to tell you what version of KSP the mod uses it thinks its not compatible.

Also Ckan might still think Mission Controller needs its dependencies.. Which is not the case anymore. I will have to push a update for the guys at Ckan can fix that.

I was glad to get it up so fast. In reality its been about 2 weeks of coding to get ready for 1.0. Once 1.0 came out all I had to do was recompile it in KSP 1.0 and all done. Had a few changes to make, but nothing serious.

Still working on it now a little for some updates. Mainly trying to get The mod to work in RSS without any Config Changes. (MCE will calculate all orbits in program)

I must say hats off to Arsonide(FinePrint) he did an awsome job on the new Civilian Contracts in Stock game. Much better than anything I could come up with. Next version all MCE civilian stuff will be removed from code.

Edited by malkuth

I can't find this on CKAN. Is it still available or do I have to download from Kerbalstuff? I was searching for MissionControllerEC on CKAN in both All, and incompatible.

Not sure, should still be on there. I will check it out tomorrow and see whats up. Did you try it with just Mission Controller and not include the EC?

I understand I can just not use it but I wanted to ask...

Is there a way to disable and rid the interface of the emergency revert red button? I play with no reverting and I hate the temptation. Plus, I am always worried about mods interacting with each other or unnecessary memory usage.

Thanks for an awesome mod!

Not sure, should still be on there. I will check it out tomorrow and see whats up. Did you try it with just Mission Controller and not include the EC?

Yep. Searched for just mission too. Only a mod from DMagic came up.

Yep. Searched for just mission too. Only a mod from DMagic came up.

It appears when you search for incompatible mods. Actually "All" for CKAN means : "All compatible". It's not useful to do so though because you won't be able to install the mod through CKAN anyway if it thinks it's not compatible.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.