(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

Just wondering does this mod only work in career mode or does it work in sandbox aswell.

If it does work in sandbox how do I get contracts.

Career only, it gets disabled to an extent in sandbox.

- - - Updated - - -

You may want to look into that agena contract because I had the same issue as bluemoon. The JR docking port wasn't recognized and I ended up comping the contract via the debug menu.

Also, if i could make a suggestion. The skylab contract requires very specific parts. Unfortunately, the stock part revamp mod replaced the required solar panel with a different named part :( So the only way I can complete it is to comp it manually once I've completed it (in spirit anyways).

Perhaps having its criteria being the solar module instead instead of a specific named part might be a better alternative? The same could be said of the science lab module so mod science labs could count. Anyways, just a thought.

I tried to mod the mission config for my personal use but couldn't find it. Did you move away from config files for the missions?

Ok thanks I will check it out then. :)

I could make the part for the solar panel in config, the biggest issue would be that there are so many of these that the config file would become some bloated as to not be very fun to write. But I can see what I can do.

Edited by malkuth

I'd love to see a few additions to this mod!

- Randomly generated crew transfer missions to a randomly selected station for a random time (rather than just the existing, tailored one-off system)

- Support for other life support resources in the resupply mission editor - I use ILSS so would like to take "lifesupport" rather than Oxygen

Fantastic mod though, on my essential list now as it give me a reason to cycle crew on my station!

Edited by Mulbin

EDITED to tidy up all the edits!

Just to confirm earlier posts, This mod kills Dangit. Any chance of a fix? I'm currently torn which mod to delete as they both add great features.

To clarify the bug, with Mission controller installed you can no longer carry spare parts at all on your kerbals. they are simply deleted from existence when you remove them from a pod, either with the dangit ui or the MC ui.

Just to confirm that deleting CIT DOES NOT fix the bug, the problem is somewhere in the Mission Controller folder.

In the interests of ensuring a controlled bug test I made a fresh KSP install with just Dangit installed (and obviously the community resource pack) and it works just fine.

I then installed just the mission controller folder (not the CIT folder) and it's broken again, kerbals just can't carry spare parts. So the problem is in the MC folder not the CIT folder

REally, really hope you work on a fix for this as I'd love to keep using MC but if it won't play nice with DangIt I'll have to ditch it... Dangit is just too good!

Cheers

Edited by Mulbin

I'll post this in both mod threads in case it helps....

OK... I've found what might be a very obvious problem with your mods.

Dangit tells KSP that a kerbal can carry 15 spare parts.

fRRGJGg.jpg

MC tells KSP that a kerbal can carry 1 spare part.

Gw3foWA.jpg

Could this be the root of the problem?

Edited by Mulbin

I'd love to see a few additions to this mod!

- Randomly generated crew transfer missions to a randomly selected station for a random time (rather than just the existing, tailored one-off system)

- Support for other life support resources in the resupply mission editor - I use ILSS so would like to take "lifesupport" rather than Oxygen

Fantastic mod though, on my essential list now as it give me a reason to cycle crew on my station!

Yes, so many new Life support mods I have to update the file. Might look into having the ability to add your own.. Hmmm.

- - - Updated - - -

EDITED to tidy up all the edits!

Just to confirm earlier posts, This mod kills Dangit. Any chance of a fix? I'm currently torn which mod to delete as they both add great features.

To clarify the bug, with Mission controller installed you can no longer carry spare parts at all on your kerbals. they are simply deleted from existence when you remove them from a pod, either with the dangit ui or the MC ui.

Just to confirm that deleting CIT DOES NOT fix the bug, the problem is somewhere in the Mission Controller folder.

In the interests of ensuring a controlled bug test I made a fresh KSP install with just Dangit installed (and obviously the community resource pack) and it works just fine.

I then installed just the mission controller folder (not the CIT folder) and it's broken again, kerbals just can't carry spare parts. So the problem is in the MC folder not the CIT folder

REally, really hope you work on a fix for this as I'd love to keep using MC but if it won't play nice with DangIt I'll have to ditch it... Dangit is just too good!

Cheers

Yes me and both the dangit developer are aware of the situation. Can't seem to figure out what it is thats causing it at this time.

- - - Updated - - -

How I can make this work with Jumbo 32? :P

You got me on this one. What is jumbo 32?

- - - Updated - - -

I'll post this in both mod threads in case it helps....

OK... I've found what might be a very obvious problem with your mods.

Dangit tells KSP that a kerbal can carry 15 spare parts.

http://i.imgur.com/fRRGJGg.jpg

MC tells KSP that a kerbal can carry 1 spare part.

http://i.imgur.com/Gw3foWA.jpg

Could this be the root of the problem?

It's possible that could be the problem yes. I will see if I can add a check to this in a future version.

I'm having an issue that I can't quite figure out how to resolve. I can't seem to get the contracts to reset. I've deleted my old saves, tried to start fresh, and as soon as I complete the first contract (launch a new vessel) the offered contracts revert as if I were playing on an old save, and I never get offered any of the historical missions, with the exception of vostok 1, oddly enough. All I get are the "test this" or "put this into that orbit" contracts. VERY frustrating, because I LOVED the historic US missions. PLEASE HELP!

Version 1.11.0 Mission Controller For .90.

Please delete your whole MissionControllerEC folder before installing this update.

1. Added 2 new Historic Contracts Covering the United States TIROS Program (Television Infrared Observation Satellite) (3 Contracts)

And the United States Mariner Program. Mariner 2 (Eve) Mariner 4 (Duna) Mariner 10 (Eve and Moho) and Renamed Mariner 11 and 12 (Voyager 1 To Jool System).

2. Added the ability to Add your own resources to the Station supply Contracts. These Resources can be changed or added in the config file. What it looks like.

SupplyResourceList
{
Item = LiquidFuel
Item = Oxidizer
Item = MonoPropellant
Item = XenonGas
Item = Food
Item = Water
Item = Oxygen
Item = Kibbal
}

You can either change the Item or Add a whole new one like this.

SupplyResourceList
{
Item = LiquidFuel
Item = Oxidizer
Item = MonoPropellant
Item = XenonGas
Item = Food
Item = Water
Item = Oxygen
Item = Kibbal
Item = NewStuffAdded (has to match the resource name in the resource.cfg files of mod, or game)
}

3. Fixed and issue with the Jr docking port in Agena Contracts. This was actually a bigger problem that had nothing to do with the Jr docking port so this fix actually fixes many issues that this was causing.

4. Fixed an issue I thought was only with SkyLab Docking in Contract 2,3 and 4. But again this was a bigger issue with some of the Parameters not working correctly with ID changes. Now The Docking and the Time start for these types of

contracts have been changed to first check the docking Id, and if those fail to check the vessel name. This should pretty much kill any more issues with these types of Contracts. On a plus side if you do end up having issues you can now just change the name of the Station to match the Contract Docking name and things should work if you need.

5. Fixed some typos in some of the contracts pointed out earlier in the thread.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm having an issue that I can't quite figure out how to resolve. I can't seem to get the contracts to reset. I've deleted my old saves, tried to start fresh, and as soon as I complete the first contract (launch a new vessel) the offered contracts revert as if I were playing on an old save, and I never get offered any of the historical missions, with the exception of vostok 1, oddly enough. All I get are the "test this" or "put this into that orbit" contracts. VERY frustrating, because I LOVED the historic US missions. PLEASE HELP!

The historic missions are saved in your persistent file, you can reset them by opening up the debug menu (its and option in the settings menu From the icon from the Space Center overview screen) every single historic contract has a set to false in the debug menu you will have to press them all to reset them. Also the new historic missions just added to 1.11.0 have a new numbered system that also can be reset from the debug menu.

Now not sure why your historic contracts would not be showing up in a new Game.. Or showing up as finished... Actually if you were playing your old game where they were all unlocked and went to a new game the issue might be that the internal Non saved buffers for the bools were set to true and never got reset, so when you went to the new game they were all still at true. So when you changed screens in the new game those internal bools saved as true to the Persistent file. Only thing I can think of what might of happened.

But they can be easily reset from the debug menu like I mentioned.

Edit. I don't think I have resets in game for SkyLab contract though. (I will add them later) but the only way to reset those is to:

1. first backup your persistent file.

2. Open your persistent file with NotePad.

3. When file opens in note pad Select Edit then Find.

4. When the Find window opens up type in this without quotes. "missioncontroller".

5. You should be brought to part of the file called missioncontrollerData.

6. You will see a list of Bools (they say either true or false). Like Agena1Done and SkyLab1Done. Those are the flags for the historic missions. If they say true, change them to false.

7. Save file and load it back up and you will have your historic contracts back. (make sure you don't change anything else. Only change the true to false.

Edited by malkuth

So with this release I really wanted to get 1 more Historical Contract out, but in the end it just was to much testing with the latest release. So now that 1.11.0 is out of way I can finally work on this new historical contract. Think you guys might like it. If all goes well I will release next week after many many hours of testing.

dPP1NUf.png

Will cover 5 of the Apollo Missions. 7,9,10,11, and 15. All pretty big milestones in the Apollo Program. ;)

Hey, I'd like to make a request for a type of contract if that's ok

My idea is for a continuous contract that just awards cash for launching satellites, but not to any particular orbit, just for putting them into orbit.

I'm starting a new career mode soon where I'm hoping to put together a remotetech satellite system in kerbin orbit, with the goal of having continous coverage from multiple satellites all over kerbin, but the problem is, that just drains funds if your launcher isn't something like 20k. So I think a non-stop communication satellite deployment would be an interesting and useful addition to your mod.

Either way, your mod's great, and definately makes career mode more interesting, especially with the historical contracts

My idea is for a continuous contract that just awards cash for launching satellites, but not to any particular orbit, just for putting them into orbit.

I'm starting a new career mode soon where I'm hoping to put together a remotetech satellite system in kerbin orbit, with the goal of having continous coverage from multiple satellites all over kerbin, but the problem is, that just drains funds if your launcher isn't something like 20k. So I think a non-stop communication satellite deployment would be an interesting and useful addition to your mod.

Either way, your mod's great, and definately makes career mode more interesting, especially with the historical contracts

Nightingale already made a contract pack for that. Enjoy!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/106580-0-90-Contract-Pack-RemoteTech-v1-0-2-2015-01-12

Can't you just specify your own comsat contracts? You can specify the orbital period with minimum of 30min (that is less than 60km circular orbit) and max as high as you want. Then any satellites you launch would fit in that period, and you can make money out of that.

Hey.

I have a issue with this mod. If I install this mod along my other mods listed below, I can NOT right click any more. If I try to right click at my ship to bring up the menu, where I can select "Crew report" and so (or right clicking at my Kerbal to bring up the menu to plant the flag or so), nothing happens. So this mod causes some problems with my other mods:

KSP: 0.90 (Win32) - Unity: 4.5.5f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

USI Tools - 0.3.2

B9 Aerospace - 5.2.6

Chatterer - 0.8.1.86

Community Resource Pack - 0.3.3

Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.3.3

DMagic Orbital Science - 0.9.1.1

Firespitter - 7.0

RasterPropMonitor - 0.18.3

Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.0 - 1.0.14.1

KineTechAnimation - 1.1.1

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 5.1

Final Frontier - 0.6.5.697

PlanetShine - 0.2.2.1

Regolith - 0.1.5

ResGen - 0.28.2

SCANsat - 1.1

TAC Life Support - 0.10.2.15

Karbonite - 0.5.5

Karbonite Plus - 0.3

MKS - 0.22.6

Universal Storage - 1.0.90.2

(Generated with KSP-AVC 1.1.5)

Mods not listed by KSP-AVC:

ADIOS-V.09

EnhancedNavBall_1_3_5

KAS 0.4.10

KerbalEngineer 1.0.14.1

KSPAchievements

KSPTips 1.0.0.1

ModuleManager-2.5.9

TechManager-1.5

MechJeb2 2.4.2.0

MechJeb2 Embbeded 1.2

And yes, I launch the 32-KSP and not x64.

It would be great to fix this, so that I can use Mission Controller 2 =D

• 2 weeks later...
I can't right click (in flight, on the capsule for example) with this mod installed.

Even on an instance with only this mod.

Using 32 bit Windows KSP. Am I missing something obvious?

Have not heard of this one before, but 2 reports so far you and 2 above. take a look when I get a chance. I do need your Output_log.txt file located in your KSP_Data folder.

- - - Updated - - -

Please update RSS config

What needs updating? What values?

- - - Updated - - -

Hey.

I have a issue with this mod. If I install this mod along my other mods listed below, I can NOT right click any more. If I try to right click at my ship to bring up the menu, where I can select "Crew report" and so (or right clicking at my Kerbal to bring up the menu to plant the flag or so), nothing happens. So this mod causes some problems with my other mods:

KSP: 0.90 (Win32) - Unity: 4.5.5f1 - OS: Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (6.1.7601) 64bit

USI Tools - 0.3.2

B9 Aerospace - 5.2.6

Chatterer - 0.8.1.86

Community Resource Pack - 0.3.3

Contracts Window Plus - 1.0.3.3

DMagic Orbital Science - 0.9.1.1

Firespitter - 7.0

RasterPropMonitor - 0.18.3

Kerbal Engineer Redux 1.0 - 1.0.14.1

KineTechAnimation - 1.1.1

KSP-AVC Plugin - 1.1.5

Docking Port Alignment Indicator - 5.1

Final Frontier - 0.6.5.697

PlanetShine - 0.2.2.1

Regolith - 0.1.5

ResGen - 0.28.2

SCANsat - 1.1

TAC Life Support - 0.10.2.15

Karbonite - 0.5.5

Karbonite Plus - 0.3

MKS - 0.22.6

Universal Storage - 1.0.90.2

(Generated with KSP-AVC 1.1.5)

Mods not listed by KSP-AVC:

ADIOS-V.09

EnhancedNavBall_1_3_5

KAS 0.4.10

KerbalEngineer 1.0.14.1

KSPAchievements

KSPTips 1.0.0.1

ModuleManager-2.5.9

TechManager-1.5

MechJeb2 2.4.2.0

MechJeb2 Embbeded 1.2

And yes, I launch the 32-KSP and not x64.

It would be great to fix this, so that I can use Mission Controller 2 =D

I will try to figure out what this might be. I have a report from you and another guy. I guess at this point all I need is Output_log.txt file located in your KSP_Data folder.

PS. Can't reproduce this in my own game at all don't have all the mods you do like mechjeb or chatterer. But pretty close. I will most certainly need to see that output_log file.

Edited by malkuth

Is there a way to change the craft names Mission Controller use for contact? I started my Agena Test Vehicle contract with a placeholder name, and then I changed it later, but following contacts for the Agena uses the old name. Not a big problem, just kind of annoying.

Loving the latest changes. Currently sending Mariner 10 to Moho. Also, a quick question: What's the unlock criteria? Is it only based on having completed the previous mission or do some of them require certain techs/parts to be researched?

For anyone who has just found this mod I highly recommend doing the Agena Target Vehicle mission with FASA parts and TAC LS.

Have not touched the config yet for rss. Sorta on a little hiatus from ksp for a few months to take a break.

- - - Updated - - -

Loving the latest changes. Currently sending Mariner 10 to Moho. Also, a quick question: What's the unlock criteria? Is it only based on having completed the previous mission or do some of them require certain techs/parts to be researched?

Yes and also some tech unlocks to make sure you have technology to do some of contracts mostly low tier stuff. Most should be listed on front page.

- - - Updated - - -

If i just build all satellites with repair panel not part of a contract will they still be chosen from to be repaired later? Thanks!

Must have repair panel for selection as repair contract.

For stations must have panel and be classified as station.

I might of also added classification for satellite also can't rember.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.