(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

yup just delete the PartGoal Try to keep the hashes in place for the other goals though. I will go through these and fix them myself for next update. Hopefully coming soon.

I want to add support for realfuels, and the LifeSupport mods before I upload.. Oh and Intersteller and warp.

Thanks malkuth. I deleted most in stock and random. But as for Bootstraps ( which so far has been working for me ).. its a wall of text unfortunately and theres ALOT. So.. would it be possible to make a module manager config that can delete PartGoal?

EDIT ... Would deleting the text PartGoal be enough to disable them? ( or not break the mod ) If I can leave the other text in then I can Delte All>PartGoal.

Edited by Motokid600

The Stuff Colored Bold Red is what you want to delete.. The first case is the LaunchGoal that is giving everyone issues in Bootstrap.

Mission
{
name = Kerra I
description = Launch from the Kerbal Space Center (KSC), climb high within Kerbin's atmosphere, and safely land.
reward = 30000
category = MANNED, AVIATION
packageOrder = 1

[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]LaunchGoal
{
description = Launch from the surface.
launchZone = Kerbin
}[/COLOR][/B]

OrbitGoal
{
description = Reach an altitude between 10 and 60 kilometers.
body = Kerbin
crewCount = 1
minAltitude = 10000
maxAltitude = 60000
}

LandingGoal
{
description = Safely land the vessel.
body = Kerbin
}
}

This next part is for partGoals. Again in red delete. This is from the Default mission pack

Mission
{
name = Sputnik IV
description = A special mission has been requested by a climate research facility on Kerbin. Limited data is available on the north pole of Kerbin itself, but a space-based probe would provide us a unique opportunity to fully map and analyze its topology.\n\nConstruct such a probe and place it into a circular polar orbit, maintaining stability for at least 2 hours in order to capture sufficient data.

reward = 65000
scienceReward = 30
category = ORBIT, PROBE

requiresMission = Mun I
packageOrder = 8

SubMissionGoal
{
description = Bring a sensor package into a high circular polar orbit around Kerbin.

OrbitGoal
{
body = Kerbin

minPeA = 300000
maxApA = 350000
maxEccentricity = 0.01

minInclination = 87
maxInclination = 93
}

[B][COLOR="#FF0000"]PartGoal
{
partName = longAntenna
partCount = 3
}

PartGoal
{
partName = sensorAccelerometer
partCount = 1
}

PartGoal
{
partName = sensorBarometer
partCount = 1
}

PartGoal
{
partName = sensorGravimeter
partCount = 1
}

PartGoal
{
partName = sensorThermometer
partCount = 1
}[/COLOR][/B]
}
}

A Goal Starts Like This

PartGoal

The parts under it are also part of the goal in the hashes.

{
partName = sensorThermometer
partCount = 1
}

As long as this is all you delete you should be all set.

One thing I've found this mod does is make me appreciate solid fuel boosters a lot more. They're so darn CHEAP, and that makes it worth it to put up with their annoyances. I've been launching my payloads in such a fashion that liquid fuel is only used for the uppermost stage (where you start to need the control and the ability to adjust throttle to fine tune things).

Although, this is probably just a 'broken' thing about KSP's stock parts game balance. Once SQUAD issues the next update where money starts to matter in the stock game, I can imagine they will find a need to redress this imbalance.

When writing your own mission files for this mod, is there support for writing a "NOT" condition?

For example, I might like to make a mission file which has the condition "Must NOT contain an LV-N nuclear engine", or "Must NOT contain one of the following command core modules...".

The reason I'm asking is that I'm considering what it would take to make a suite of missions designed for people using the kOS mod, which provides a way to make automated scripts to run robotic probes without the player's manual input. I'd like to be able to make missions that contain conditions that require craft to be robotic and prevent manual control.

Release 1 DeveloperVersion2 For Mission Controller Extended.

Well I have been working on this all week. And well even though its not done totally, I think its ready for more testing. (can't stand to look at screen anymore). So in the case of this new release, i'm releasing it as a Developer version for anyone that want to can test. I don't want to make it official until I know for sure all the bugs are squashed, and finish it up a little more.

Anyway whats New? The list is long.

1. New Contract System. The contract system gives you random missions. At this moment there is only 4 Base Missions, 3 Sat Deliveries and a repair mission. The base missions are just that. What makes the contracts different is that

each contract is funded by a company. And every company has a different view on what it pays you. In the case of this release we are only worried about 2. Payments and Science. At this moment there is only 5 Companies. But each one is different and pays different.

2. Repair Goal is completely rewritten. It now requires a resource called repair parts. You still need the RepairStation to actually be able to complete the missions. The basic jist of it.

a. You launch satellites into orbit with repairStations and your choice of docking ports. (contract missions). Every once in awhile you get a contract to repair a vessel. You construct a repair vessel. Make sure it has docking ability. Get into space and capture the target vessel (dock, or whatever you use to grab and dock). You then need to transfer the repair parts from you Repair Canisters to the RepairStation Located on the Satellite. After transfer is complete (takes 1 repair part) you go EVA and get near the RepairStation and select Repair in the right click context menu. Mission Complete. :)

b. Yes mission controller at this time can and will find vessels with the repairStation on them. The sad news is that Im having issues getting this random part of the system working correct. So it only selects the First Vessel in the list (usually the last one you launched) I will fix this at a later date. But for now you don't really have to worry about what vessel you repair.. Its not tracked. (you still see the vessel listed in contract though).

3. Contracts are generated every in game 24 hours (this will be increased later to 1 week) so basically 4 kerbal days.. (or is it 2?)

4. For career players the contracts are meant for mid game use. When the system is complete it will infact be another research item for MCE research tree. But for now it is open. But you do need Unmanned ability to actually take advantage of contracts.

5. Contracts payout a pretty good amount money. Eventually this will have a draw back. Because contracts come with Binding terms. If fail pay full price contract + company %. (not yet implemented)

6. Lots of new regular missions added. Tweaked some of the Early missions for career mode. Think you will like the first one now. :) Hope.

Fixed a bunch of bugs like science not getting payed out.

Oh about contracts they are based on a weight system. Meaning that certain contracts have a chance to appear (only 1 at a time right now). Also there is a chance of no contracts appearing also. This is important. Don't report you don't see contracts! There is a 30% chance per the 24 Hour check you won't even get one!!

Highly suggest you backup any current game you are using right now. Thats why this is not an official release.!!

Can't think of anything else.. Tired. GoodNite!

MissionController Dev Build 2.

Edited by malkuth

I just installed the dev2 version. I've noticed in the Current Mission Window that I can't select the "Contracts" package when I push the Package button. It's grayed out:

upaWXxI.jpg

I'm a bit new to the mod, just installed it tonight (but loving it so far!). Could you explain what I should be seeing? Which package should I select?

I just installed the dev2 version. I've noticed in the Current Mission Window that I can't select the "Contracts" package when I push the Package button. It's grayed out:

http://i.imgur.com/upaWXxI.jpg

I'm a bit new to the mod, just installed it tonight (but loving it so far!). Could you explain what I should be seeing? Which package should I select?

There is a new icon for contracts. Its the one right next to the down arrow. First on left in the picture. You can't open contracts with the Mission Browser. Contracts are there own new system. Even though they both use the same values, I had to keep them separate for people could not just select them.

The contracts are only available every 24 hours in game time. And sometimes they can be skipped. At this time only 1 can show. But in the future I will have them categorized into a bunch where maybe 2 or 4 at a time. Matters how much of a chug the random system puts on the game. Stuff like that has to be tested. (should be very minimal, since its called at only certain times)

I will put a video together to help people out with the new system and how it works.

Also the best mission package is random one. If your in career mode it helps you get off your feet. Contracts is meant more for Mid Game when you get Unmanned Vessels. If your in sandbox it doesn't matter since there is not science or things to research.

Edited by malkuth

What is the reference direction used to calculate the Longitude of the Ascending Node in KSP?

Some of the missions for Comsat satellites require specific orbits with specific inclinations and a required LAN for the inclination is specified. But without knowing what the KSP universe uses as it's reference direction, I'm just guessing randomly as to when I should launch to get near the target LAN.

I've gone through MCContracts to fix some grammar and stuff as the random capitalized words were starting to bug me.

Here's the cfg file if you're okay with using it for the release

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kv66lko4kzff1kf/MCContracts.cfg

thanks. :) replaced it in the download.

Edited by malkuth

I've been playing the new DevBuild and I love the contract system. Its a far more immersive way to get satellite missions. I've not found any bugs (other than those mentioned in the update post) however I do have some feedback about the new systems:

-It would be great to have several contracts pop up at once but you are only able to choose one to fulfil. This could represent the player with more choice whilst still requiring a decision.

-A readout/countdown timer that tells you when the next chance of getting a contract is going to come up would be cool.

-Some multi-stage contracts would be good. Have say a company ask you to launch 3 satellites into different orbits and you only get paid at the end.

These are just my opinions though. Thanks for the great update.

Thanks for the feedback. I will be adding more missions to it for next update and the ability to have more than 1 at a time. I plan on seperate bg them into catagories. Service contracts. Satellite missions. And I plan on doing research type missions like land in this biome with rover. So it will be expanded.

Tonight while playing with the dev build, I noticed that when I reverted back to the VAB from one flight, I still lost all of my money for starting that flight. Is this intended behavior? :)

Yes. You should always use the Revert to VAB button provided by the mod itself.

Tonight while playing with the dev build, I noticed that when I reverted back to the VAB from one flight, I still lost all of my money for starting that flight. Is this intended behavior? :)

Yes the revert button sets your save back to right before you first entered the van before launch. This is how it works. The revert button is not an mce feature but a ksp feature. All I have done is make sure the ksp save and mce save stay in sync.

So basically revert is the magic this did not really happen button. Including any recycling or bonus payments you might of received during that flight.

Now if your losing money from other flights that you already finished. Might be a problem.

I can report that the MCE settings and MCE current Budget guibuttons dont work in the devbuild

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MissionController.MissionController.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MissionController.MissionController.drawbudgetwindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This nre happens only once but the Buttons dont respond

Running no mods other than the toolbar plugin mce and texture compressor(overriding mce folder) plugin ill try without it completly later just to rule it out

Edited by landeTLS

Mission 6 from "random" pack has the following minor problem:

The text of the mission description claims it's a mission to explore the crater-like formation on Kerbin. BUT the actual latitutde numbers the mission uses to decide if you've succeeded are off if that's the goal. Half the crater is too far south to fit in the latitude range given.

I can report that the MCE settings and MCE current Budget guibuttons dont work in the devbuild

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
at MissionController.MissionController.OnGUI () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: Line: -1)

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
at UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout.BeginVertical (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at MissionController.MissionController.drawbudgetwindow (Int32 id) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

at UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

This nre happens only once but the Buttons dont respond

Running no mods other than the toolbar plugin mce and texture compressor(overriding mce folder) plugin ill try without it completly later just to rule it out

Delete your config.xml file. Your windows have somehow gone off screen. And since MCE saves screen positions, they have been saved off screen.

In the devbuild's randommissions configuration there seems to be a bug with the prerequisites for several of the missions. It seems that the requiredMission field needs to be an exact string match with the title of the earlier mission. If a mission's title text changes in a release, all other future missions that required it for a prerequisite become impossible to ever unlock unless they change their requireMission field to use the new title. There's several places I saw in the devbuild where mission prerequisites are broken and I think it's because mission titles changed:

Mission 16 cannot be unlocked:

requiresMission = 11 - Mid Years Station Construction

but mission 11 is now called "11 - Early Manned Missions Landing Minmus".

Proposed correction: Change prerequisite to mission 15 instead:

requiresMission = 15 - Mid Years Station Construction

Mission 17 cannot be unlocked:

requiresMission = 11 - Mid Years Station Construction

but mission 11 is now called "11 - Early Manned Missions Landing Minmus".

Proposed correction: Change prerequisite to mission 15 instead:

requiresMission = 15 - Mid Years Station Construction

Mission 19 cannot be unlocked:

requiresMission = 7 - Early Manned Missions Landing Mun

but Mission 7 is now called "Early Missions Landing Trails".

Proposed correction: Change prerequisite to mission 9 instead:

requiresMission = 9 - Early Manned Missions Landing Mun

Mission 20 cannot be unlocked:

requiresMission = 9 - Early Manned Missions Landing Minmus

but Mission 9 is now called "Early Manned Missions Landing Mun".

Proposed correction: Change prerequisite to mission 11 instead:

requiresMission = 11 - Early Manned Missions Landing Minmus

Mission 34 cannot be unlocked:

requiresMission = 27 - Launch Satellite Into High Orbit

but Mission 27 is now called "Random Minmus Probe".

Proposed correction: Change prerequisite to mission 33 instead:

requiresMission = 33 - Launch Satellite Into High Orbit

Mission 35 cannot be unlocked:

requiresMission = 15 - Mid Years Large Manned Mission Mun

but Mission 15 is now called "15 - Mid Years Station Construction".

Proposed correction: Change prerequisite to mission 19 instead:

requiresMission = 19 - Mid Years Large Manned Mission Mun

Mission 36 cannot be unlocked:

Mission 37 cannot be unlocked:

Mission 38 cannot be unlocked:

Mission 39 cannot be unlocked:

Mission 40 cannot be unlocked:

Edited by Steven Mading

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.