(KSP 1.10 + 1.12 ) Mission Controller 3.2.0 (Final Version) (Updated 6/25/2021)

malkuth

I have been using this mod for a short time, but I noticed something that may be a bug?

When I disable the plugin (within the settings menu) and launch a ship, it shows in the build log as $0.00 cost, but in the finance window the cost of the ship shows under Total Spent Vessels. I am wondering if I am required to reload the save game, or ksp totally to have the setting take effect? Or is the intended behaviour?

So I checked into this a little more and this should not really happen. I thought I had an idea of the mistake I might of made, but when I finally looked into this, the problem should not be happening at all. Because when your in disabled mode nothing is ever charged to MCE. There is not even an option for it. The flag is only Flagged and can't be used anymore. So not sure what might of happened. I do some testing in game to see if I can reproduce this.

Think I figured it out anyway, and why it so hard to notice. Should be fixed on next Dev Version. Or if you want to wait until .50 it be fixed.

Edited by malkuth

I see that this mod uses dead (seems so at least) mod ISA MapSat. It it possible to integrate SCANsat terrain mapping additionally/instead?

P.S. Will this mod work ok with older save or I need to create new game?

Edited by Mystique

I see that this mod uses dead (seems so at least) mod ISA MapSat. It it possible to integrate SCANsat terrain mapping additionally/instead?

P.S. Will this mod work ok with older save or I need to create new game?

Not sure what you mean MapSat is not connected to MCE at all and does not need it in anyway. In fact MCE does not need any other mod to function.

It should be ok, any values that are not present in your old save will just be added. Of course the new Log Books will start from today on, and not include older flights, or older pilots.

Not sure what you mean MapSat is not connected to MCE at all and does not need it in anyway. In fact MCE does not need any other mod to function.

It should be ok, any values that are not present in your old save will just be added. Of course the new Log Books will start from today on, and not include older flights, or older pilots.

I mean this part of first post:

Leonon ISA MapSat Pack

I've made a mission package to put ISA MapSats into very specific orbits. It's set up for Dev Build X4-r1 and requires a MapSat dish for each mission.

Or maybe I misunderstood that it's needed for some mapping missions?

Dev Build 4 Available For Testing!

Ok guys the Contract Editor is ready for its first testing stage. I will be releasing a video later on how it works, but read the ingame description for it and should get you on course.

Just be aware.

1. You can Name your Mission.

2. Place a Small description.

3. First part going to ask if you have crew or not. Yes or no will decide if the actual mission is looking for crew or not. The more crew you have the more the payout. (bigger the vessel)

4. Your First goal should be a Orbit goal, you are only allowed 2 orbit goals for the contract (limitations on how things are saved). If you do use 2 Orbit goals, be aware they are ascending list and always first and 2nd for mission Goals.

5. Do you want to dock with something? Possible goal only used once, and if you have 2 orbit goals will be placed after the 2nd orbit goal. If only 1 orbit goal placed after 1st. (if you add another orbit, it will move after 2nd)

6. CrashGoal and Planet to crash (another possible goal) placed after docking.

7. Landing Goal. Last goal in series. Your choice. Fly to duna and land? Or fly to duna then land at kerbin for return. Can only have 1 landing goal right now. (important).

When setting a Mission Goal you must reload the Contract to see it (the reload button is located right under the Goals button)

If you happen to forget to set your name and description after you already set your goals. Set your names then chose Save Contract to save those changes.

When your done with your contract and happy with it press Send To Bidding to finalize the contract. A company will pick it up and you will see the payout for contract. (Must reload it again)

Go on your merry way and complete the mission.

Once mission is done you can go back into Usercontracts and Reset it, and start over with a new one.

Also in this update a few bug fixes that have been mentioned in this thread last few pages.

And added more random Contracts to game. You now can get a total of 3 Random Contracts per TimeCheck (still 24 hours). They are basically categorized now.

1. Special Missions (IE Repair)

2. SOI Missions (missions in Kerbin Sphere of influence)

3. Rover Missions (still early but these are all rover missions to other Bodies)

I can't even say how complicated the last 2 weeks have been trying to get this custom contracts system going. It might seem simple from a Game Perspective.. But coding wise.... It was a nightmare. So test it out and I hope you can't break it, but if you do please report it. At this point I want to roll out .50 of MCE with all these changes working. And if the DevBuild4 goes ok then I will roll out .50 in next couple weeks. (more stuff added yes).

Now Includes HotFix and Science Fix Name changed from DevBuild4 To DevBuild 5

DEVBUILD5 DOWNLOAD

Edited by malkuth

I mean this part of first post:

Or maybe I misunderstood that it's needed for some mapping missions?

Oh that was a custom Mission Pack by someone else. I myself don't have time to update other packs I did not make myself.

But, if its missions your looking to have that will put sats into specific orbits for you. Then try out DevBuild4 and the Custom Contract maker. make your own quick missions to put satellites into whatever orbit you want, where ever you want.

Nope the mission pack most likely uses Parts from the pack and require them. There is no specific mission goal that uses Scanning as objective. Most likely they were all orbitgoals.

Edited by malkuth

we need scan sat map missions isamapsat sucks

Use the new custom Contract Maker, its better than what 1 person could ever do with there own Mission Pack. With Custom contracts you can set your own orbits and values where you want your scan sats to be.

If your having issues still getting science payout with CrashGoal Type Missions.. Read this!

Ok guys I have noticed that there is still a problem with science getting paid.. But its only in the Crash Type missions. And this is what I have figured out and how you can avoid it!

When you crash a vessel you get the old screen popup that shows you flight data and gives you option to revert or go to spacecenter or trackingstation! Its very very important that when you finish the mission for any Crash goal type mission that you exit this screen. For some reason this screen seems to set the persistence file back when you goto SpaceCenter scene using it and resets the science to old values before launching. If you exit out of this screen and exit the normal way.. (esc and exit to spacecenter) you will get paid for the science the right way.

I have tried fixing this.. But seems like there is nothing I can do (I even have a persistence save when science changes).. This screen is the problem, and not much I can do about how that pop up screeen works.

It only happens with Crash type goals. All the other types of missions its not an issue because you never get the Exit screen that is causing the issue.

Updated Edits: I noticed with playing with the balanced Ecss mod oxygen and tank value were overpriced for this mod. I updated the prices to bring them down a lot. It will effect other Mods that use oxygen (make them cheaper) but it was the only way to fix the huge price of oxygen in this mod. (were talking about 75% of cost in just oxygen and its tanks) updated in DevBuild.. All I did was edit the MCSettings to reflect the new values.

Edited by malkuth

I wonder if those missions like "orbit X for Y hours" will be completed if I leave a craft on needed orbit and switch to another one to perform other tasks. Any advice?

P.S. And is it possible to take several mission at a time?

P.P.S. If say I have already craft heading to Duna and I take mission to orbit Duna, will this craft count towards mission or I need to launch new one? Don't understand mod's mechanics fully yet=\

P.P.P.S. Does stock revert to launch/VAB cost anything? Or I pay only when use mod's revert button?

I wonder if those missions like "orbit X for Y hours" will be completed if I leave a craft on needed orbit and switch to another one to perform other tasks. Any advice?

P.S. And is it possible to take several mission at a time?

P.P.S. If say I have already craft heading to Duna and I take mission to orbit Duna, will this craft count towards mission or I need to launch new one? Don't understand mod's mechanics fully yet=\

P.P.P.S. Does stock revert to launch/VAB cost anything? Or I pay only when use mod's revert button?

Nope there is no persistance for the Timed missions. You can Time Accelerate through them though. Most the ones I made take only few minutes with time X.

About leaving Vessels while in mission You can do it, but don't do it with contracts yet. Regular missions you can. But something I noticed that might happen with Random contracts is that if you take one.. And its a long mission (say to Duna or Jool) and you don't do the whole mission in one sitting, then the random generator will skip the mission and set up more. (I will work on this problem in next update, most likely will have to lock the mission down until its finished). Its perfectly safe to do it with Custom contracts though. Since those do not reset unless you decide to do it yourself. So in a nutshell.. If its a Regular Mission, and or a Custom contract Mission yes you can leave the vessel and come back (values are saved).. But for now Don't do it with the Random Contracts!

Revert Stock cost nothing. But you risk messing up your Save file. If you have not launched a vessel yet and just sitting on the launch pad its safe.. But if you start doing mission and goals.. And you use the Stock Revert you will mess up your save file for MCE and your vessel Ids will no longer match.

And Reverting from the launchpad before launch is free with MCE version also.. Only after you launch does it cost money.

Revert Stock cost nothing. But you risk messing up your Save file. If you have not launched a vessel yet and just sitting on the launch pad its safe.. But if you start doing mission and goals.. And you use the Stock Revert you will mess up your save file for MCE and your vessel Ids will no longer match.

O_O Just glad that I've asked O_O

I know that contract generator is random, but isn't it too random to ask launching comm sat with 3 kinds of docking port aboard? Looks a bit strange)

Edited by Mystique

O_O Just glad that I've asked O_O

I know that contract generator is random, but isn't it too random to ask launching comm sat with 3 kinds of docking port aboard? Looks a bit strange)

Actually you only need one of them. Its an OrMissionGoal some either one of them will make it happy. The reason for the Dockingport is when and if you get a repair mission. Repair missions require you to dock with sat first. ;)

A Minor "bug" report for Random Mission Pack (from devbeta5):

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but the random variation for Periapsis and Apoapsis with mission number 2 "Early Manned Missions Orbits" often gives me values that require me to set up a degrading orbit that is inside Kerbin's atmosphere and therefore can only look like that for a brief bit. (I'm looking at one now that says I have to have a periapsis minimum of 55,432 and an apoapsis maximum of 65,432.) Because these numbers are not above the atmosphere this describes an orbit that can only look like that for a brief while before it deteriorates. That actually makes it harder to achieve the goal than a higher orbit would be. Can the numbers be tweaked on the next release to make sure they don't include numbers below 70,000? At the moment when I get a goal like that I just reject it and ask for a different random mission to replace it. Sometimes it takes about 10 retries before I get one that is above the atmosphere.

A Minor "bug" report for Random Mission Pack (from devbeta5):

I don't know if this is a bug or intentional, but the random variation for Periapsis and Apoapsis with mission number 2 "Early Manned Missions Orbits" often gives me values that require me to set up a degrading orbit that is inside Kerbin's atmosphere and therefore can only look like that for a brief bit. (I'm looking at one now that says I have to have a periapsis minimum of 55,432 and an apoapsis maximum of 65,432.) Because these numbers are not above the atmosphere this describes an orbit that can only look like that for a brief while before it deteriorates. That actually makes it harder to achieve the goal than a higher orbit would be. Can the numbers be tweaked on the next release to make sure they don't include numbers below 70,000? At the moment when I get a goal like that I just reject it and ask for a different random mission to replace it. Sometimes it takes about 10 retries before I get one that is above the atmosphere.

Fixed. Pack has been updated with the new values just in case you want them now. :)

Dev Build 7 Available For Testing!

DevBuild 7 adds a few more bug fixes and Testing out capabilitychecker.

Dev Build 6

1. Added a check for random contracts. If you accept random contract now, that contract will be locked, and the random system will be paused until you finish the mission or decline it. This helps stop long term missions from resetting to new random mission in case you leave scenes or exit vehicle.
  2. Now a reset button inside settings in case you think that random contract generator has paused. This will reset the tiime to 0 and get it moving again. Possible reason this may happen is if your playing in multiple games and you go from one save to the next its possible that the time might take on the old saves max time check. Which could be bad if your current time is a lot less then the other save.
  3. Added a Reset Button for the GUI windows. Now if your windows disappear you can go into Setttings and Reset your windows to 0 value. The only way to make this work was to not have settings windows postions be saved. So for now on settings window will not save with the others and always load at 0 postion when you exit KSP and restart it! Only way to guaratee that settings window would never go off screen.

Old DevBuild Info Merged With DevBuild 6

Ok guys the Contract Editor is ready for its first testing stage. I will be releasing a video later on how it works, but read the ingame description for it and should get you on course.

Just be aware.

1. You can Name your Mission.

2. Place a Small description.

3. First part going to ask if you have crew or not. Yes or no will decide if the actual mission is looking for crew or not. The more crew you have the more the payout. (bigger the vessel)

4. Your First goal should be a Orbit goal, you are only allowed 2 orbit goals for the contract (limitations on how things are saved). If you do use 2 Orbit goals, be aware they are ascending list and always first and 2nd for mission Goals.

5. Do you want to dock with something? Possible goal only used once, and if you have 2 orbit goals will be placed after the 2nd orbit goal. If only 1 orbit goal placed after 1st. (if you add another orbit, it will move after 2nd)

6. CrashGoal and Planet to crash (another possible goal) placed after docking.

7. Landing Goal. Last goal in series. Your choice. Fly to duna and land? Or fly to duna then land at kerbin for return. Can only have 1 landing goal right now. (important).

When setting a Mission Goal you must reload the Contract to see it (the reload button is located right under the Goals button)

If you happen to forget to set your name and description after you already set your goals. Set your names then chose Save Contract to save those changes.

When your done with your contract and happy with it press Send To Bidding to finalize the contract. A company will pick it up and you will see the payout for contract. (Must reload it again)

Go on your merry way and complete the mission.

Once mission is done you can go back into Usercontracts and Reset it, and start over with a new one.

Also in this update a few bug fixes that have been mentioned in this thread last few pages.

And added more random Contracts to game. You now can get a total of 3 Random Contracts per TimeCheck (still 24 hours). They are basically categorized now.

1. Special Missions (IE Repair)

2. SOI Missions (missions in Kerbin Sphere of influence)

3. Rover Missions (still early but these are all rover missions to other Bodies)

I can't even say how complicated the last 2 weeks have been trying to get this custom contracts system going. It might seem simple from a Game Perspective.. But coding wise.... It was a nightmare. So test it out and I hope you can't break it, but if you do please report it. At this point I want to roll out .50 of MCE with all these changes working. And if the DevBuild4 goes ok then I will roll out .50 in next couple weeks. (more stuff added yes).

Now Includes HotFix and Science Fix Name changed from DevBuild4 To DevBuild 5

DEVBUILD6 DOWNLOAD

Edited by malkuth

Strange stuff:

1. In space center, when I focus on Kerbin in control room, I can see some grey periapsis mark floating just above Kerbin's surface. Definitely it wasn't there before I started using MCE (or I've never noticed it).

2. I just crashed another stupid nearly landed SSTO (how the heck people make these thing flyable, especially with FAR? it goes up nice, but after some time control hell is breaking loose) and tried to recover some of debris. When I point at pile of debris on control room, I can see short list of objects under mouse pointer, but on top of them is thingy like "New Game Object", which can't be terminated. If I try to recover it, then it works as if I pressed "fly" button, camera stays focused on nothing near pile of debris and space center button in esc menu doesn't work.

Perhaps is somehow related to fact that I managed to click "complete mission" button when that winged barrel just touched ground and hasn't yet exploded, but maybe not.

what other mods are you using. Because none of those sound like anything MCE could cause. But might be because of an interaction between another Mod with MCE installed though.

For instance I noticed that if you use MCE and ScanSat together. Something in ScanSat and MCE like to cause MCE windows Scrolls to expand beyond the Max value and scroll sideways. Seems to only happen with ScanSat.

Whole bunch of mods (FAR, MechJeb, docking port alignment, kethane, KWR, few smaller parts mods, planet texture replacer, memory reduction mod, editor extension, vertical velocity control and some other stuff). Together with MCE I enabled only Extraplanetary Launchpads, I'll try to turn them off and see if it changes anything. If not - maybe it's really some mod conflict, though I don't even imagine what can cause that ghost periapsis thing :)

Whole bunch of mods (FAR, MechJeb, docking port alignment, kethane, KWR, few smaller parts mods, planet texture replacer, memory reduction mod, editor extension, vertical velocity control and some other stuff). Together with MCE I enabled only Extraplanetary Launchpads, I'll try to turn them off and see if it changes anything. If not - maybe it's really some mod conflict, though I don't even imagine what can cause that ghost periapsis thing :)
No idea, but there is nothing in MCE code to even mess with Periapsis Drawings on screen.. In fact MCE draws nothing on screen other then GUIwindows and text.

As for the other one with Strange text over List of objects.. I take it you meant tracking station again not sure what in MCE could even possibly cause that since MCE does not at anytime try to display that type of info on screen. Best bet is when that happens is to check the Output_log.txt file and see whats causing what. You should be getting some type of NullRefrence object from errors like that. Use in conjection with ALT-F12 DebugLog to see whats going on. usually at minimum it will list where the problem started at list plugins or parts of game that trouble started.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.