[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

The mod fixes the solar panels so that they follow a real inverse-square law. If you have the delta to get really close then you can generate a fair amount of power. Don't forget the radiators.

Much obliged, ty.

Not true. He could do something in the same vein as RemoteTech2. RT2 has directional dishes that need to be aligned with their counterparts to form a connection. There is no visual tracking though. You could make it that the transmitter has to be given a specific receiver it's sending to, and keep the current receiver behavior, since you are going to be piloting the receiving vessel anyway. Any other vessel will simply not receive power even if it is pointing in the right direction. That doesn't sound too hard to implement.

Relay satellites will be difficult to figure out though. Point-to-point this idea works well.

I think you are missing the point. RT uses a "logical" simulation of tracking. The only thing different between autotracking is that RT uses a GUI to "point" your antennae. There's really not much game play except that which comes from overcoming infrastructure challenges. At least interstellar requires that you pay attention to where your receivers are oriented in space, which is at least some extra gameplay.

Everyone is going to have a different preference thought. Where some see gameplay, others see tedium. If you like RT's system, use it. I believe it is compatible, or perhaps be made so with module manager.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I think you are missing the point. RT uses a "logical" simulation of tracking. The only thing different between autotracking is that RT uses a GUI to "point" your antennae. There's really not much game play except that which comes from overcoming infrastructure challenges. At least interstellar requires that you pay attention to where your receivers are oriented in space, which is at least some extra gameplay.

Everyone is going to have a different preference thought. Where some see gameplay, others see tedium. If you like RT's system, use it. I believe it is compatible, or perhaps be made so with module manager.

I don't have the time nor inclination to tweak each mod to my liking. I use things out of the box.

After a short KSP hiatus, I upgraded to the latest KSP Interstellar and decided to try out the new larger fusion reactors as a powerplant for a microwave power network.

I have a pair of 3.75m fusion Tokamak reactors in D/T mode attached to the large generations in direct conversion mode.

I'm getting the power I expect, but when I switch on the transmitter, my power demand exceeds my theoretical supply and the transmitter seems to think that it's beaming more power than the generators can create. As the mod tells me, I lose my plasma heating and cannot sustain the fusion reaction for long.

Is this:

1. a poor choice of reactor for this task?

2. a poor choice of generator for this task?

3. a bug?

4. Related to Fractal_UK's Post #6474 in this thread?

5. ?

8Up5Wsd.jpg

Huh... mine has all unlocked in the regular bar from the start...

Mine was locked as normal, like in Merendel's case. Maybe you got an older mechjeb version, or did some .cfg shenanigans with the tree or whatnot? Cant think of something else. :(

I don't have the time nor inclination to tweak each mod to my liking. I use things out of the box.

And yet you seem to have no problem spending the time trying to get the mod author to tweak the mod to your liking dispite the low probability of success. The logic is amazing.

The thing is there is very little difference between RT's implimentation and KSPI's from a gameplay perspective. Both require puting infrustructure out there to work. Both end up with the automagic ability to have the transmiters point in the right direction (once configured properly in RT's case) The only difference is KSPI simplifies the step of haveing to configure each network node exactly right in favor of requireing that you have your reciever pointing in a somewhat logical direction for what its doing. RT on the other hand requires more upfront busywork but ends up working automagicly on both ends even if you've got your ships orientation set in a way that it makes no logical sense that the reciever could pick up jack from ground control being physicaly pointed 180 away from its uplink with the ship in the way.

If you really want that extra lay of busy work to "Point" your network at a specific reciever each time you cange ships you can always load up a command pod on the launch pad and push a few random buttons in IVA to RP mission control directing the network. Additionaly you can shut off the active systems on any craft that is being powered by beamed power when your done with it to simulate it no longer recieving power. Its not required but it works out of the box with no tweeks needed. Personaly I think I'd just get anoyed with such a self imposed limitation and abandon it after 1 play session but to each their own. Just dont expect everybody else to conform to your ideal when the alternative you like better has as many logical holes as the status quo.

After a short KSP hiatus, I upgraded to the latest KSP Interstellar and decided to try out the new larger fusion reactors as a powerplant for a microwave power network.

I have a pair of 3.75m fusion Tokamak reactors in D/T mode attached to the large generations in direct conversion mode.

I'm getting the power I expect, but when I switch on the transmitter, my power demand exceeds my theoretical supply and the transmitter seems to think that it's beaming more power than the generators can create. As the mod tells me, I lose my plasma heating and cannot sustain the fusion reaction for long.

Is this:

1. a poor choice of reactor for this task?

2. a poor choice of generator for this task?

3. a bug?

4. Related to Fractal_UK's Post #6474 in this thread?

5. ?

http://i.imgur.com/8Up5Wsd.jpg

It's a bug. Apparently fixed in the next update.

So on a tangent note, I have a question about power generation:

1 KW = 1 ElectricCharge/S

a 1.25 Plasma Thruster (highest thrust fuel source) ~ 0.1 kN/MW

A Gigantor Solar Array produces 18 KW

The multiplier for being on top of the sun in Kerbal = 10x

Thus ~180 KW near the sun for each array.

2 GW of power nets you ~ 25 kN of thrust w/ liquid fuel, or so the wiki tells me.

So from that, that comes out to ~11k Gigantors required?

Yet at the same time the resource page for Interstellar says 2 Gigantors can match a 1.25 unupgraded Nuclear Reactor near the sun.

Would someone correct my math for me?

Thanks

You cannot convert EC to KW/MW at this time so you cannot power a Plasma Thruster with EC.

Does the mod work without treeloader? I removed it because it was removing things I added to the tech tree and I seem to have the starting things from the mod such as the water and ammonia tanks. Thanks

Last time I checked it was required since Fractal_UK added nodes at the end, so you may loose many of the endgame parts.

Edited by Donziboy2

I have two questions:

-How can i put interstellar fueld like methane into tanks using modular fuel tanks?

-How can i check thermal helper in flight? I think in revious version there was yellow button with lightning icon, but i dont see it anymore.

Does the mod work without treeloader? I removed it because it was removing things I added to the tech tree and I seem to have the starting things from the mod such as the water and ammonia tanks. Thanks

I believe you lose access to the upgrades that come at certain nodes.

I have two questions:

-How can i put interstellar fueld like methane into tanks using modular fuel tanks?

-How can i check thermal helper in flight? I think in revious version there was yellow button with lightning icon, but i dont see it anymore.

The thermal helper is in the VAB, the one outside is for power.

I don't know anything about the modular fuel tanks mod, but according to its tank config it does not delineate LqdMethane or LiquidMethane as a resource type.

https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/blob/master/ModularFuelTanks/Resources/TankTypes.cfg

RealFuels apparently has a definition for LqdMethane.

https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/blob/master/RealFuels/Resources/ResourcesFuel.cfg

https://github.com/NathanKell/ModularFuelSystem/blob/master/RealFuels/Resources/ResourcesFuel.cfg

If I skimmed correctly, you need to switch to the action group mode to edit the fuel types.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I was having an issue not being able to use ModuleManage to move stock parts on the tech tree and I discovered the issue was with the KSPI tech tree. Any part locations defined in the tree.cfg overwrite the individual parts.cfg's TechRequired entries. I removed all of the stock parts from the KSPI tree.cfg and even fixed the experimentalScience being a prereq for advScienceTech and switched them around. I left all the KSPI parts that were in tree.cfg alone but not all of them are there so I suspect it might be best to remove all the parts from the tree that are in nodes that match the stock tree and just rely on TechRequired in the part.cfg's.

NODE
{
name = newnode_7144
techID = interstellarTechFusionPower
pos = -348.8333,1202.833,-16
icon = NUCLEARPROPULSION
cost = 3000
title = FusionPower
description = With an energy density and resource ability to put mere fission to shame, Fusion Power represents a leap forward in energy production technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_nuclearPropulsion,node7_metaMaterials
PARTS
{
name = vista
}
}
NODE
{
name = newnode_9820
techID = interstellarTechAccelerator
pos = -293.1667,618.3334,-6
icon = EXPERIMENTALSCIENCE
cost = 2000
title = Particle Accelerators
description = Particle accelerators provide the basis for antimatter technology, allowing the first experiments with respect to its capture and storage.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node7_advScienceTech
PARTS
{
name = AntimatterCollector
name = AntimatterTank125
name = AntimatterTank250
name = AntimatterTank375
}
}
NODE
{
name = newnode_5951
techID = interstellarTechAntimatterPower
pos = -265.3333,952.3334,-5
icon = EXPERIMENTALELECTRICS
cost = 4000
title = Antimatter Power
description = Not so much a new method of power production as energy storage, but the energy density of the fuel cannot be rivalled.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node8_experimentalElectrics,newnode_9820,newnode_7144
PARTS
{
name = AntimatterReactor125
name = AntimatterReactor250
name = AntimatterReactor375
}
}
NODE
{
name = newnode_8234
techID = interstellarTechUHEPhysics
pos = -70.5,952.3334,-8
cost = 10000
title = Ultra-High Energy Physics
description = Probing extremely high energy levels has yielded the keys to the production of Exotic Matter, allowing the production of novel new technologies previously thought impossible.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = newnode_5951
PARTS
{
name = WarpDrive
name = WarpDrive2
name = WarpDrive3
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_nanolathing
techID = nanolathing
pos = -475.6188,1050.876,-1
icon = NANOLATHING
cost = 1000
title = Nanolathing
description = The very latest in construction technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_composites
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_automation
techID = automation
pos = -488,813.1667,-4
icon = AUTOMATION
cost = 1000
title = Automation
description = We can't think of anything that could go wrong with letting an experimental AI handle every aspect of a mission.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_advUnmanned
PARTS
{
name = computerCore
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_robotics
techID = robotics
pos = -475.6188,734.037,-1
icon = ROBOTICS
cost = 1000
title = Robotics
description = The rumours of robot-led world domination are greatly exaggerated.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_largeprobes
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalMotors
techID = experimentalMotors
pos = -475.6188,500,-1
icon = EXPERIMENTALMOTORS
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Motors
description = The latest breakthroughs that are driving motor technology forwards, and in reverse, and steering too.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_advancedMotors
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalScience
techID = experimentalScience
pos = -237.5,507,-8
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Science
description = Explore novel fields of science that we didn't even know were there.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalAerodynamics
techID = experimentalAerodynamics
pos = -475.6188,970.0212,-1
icon = EXPERIMENTALAERODYNAMICS
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Aerodynamics
description = Winged flight technology is soaring to unprecendented heights. It could even be said that it's properly taking off now.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_heavyAerodynamics
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalElectrics
techID = experimentalElectrics
pos = -404.5,674,-8
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Electrics
description = The very latest in electrical systems technology. Our engineers are buzzing with excitement over it. They also seem to glow in the dark now. Fascinating!
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node7_specializedElectrics
PARTS
{
name = phasedArray1
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_aerospaceTech
techID = aerospaceTech
pos = -475.6188,897.4948,-1
icon = AEROSPACETECH
cost = 1000
title = Aerospace Tech
description = The absolute cutting-edge in aerospace technology. Quite literally, some of those edges are very sharp. Handle with care.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_hypersonicFlight
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalRocketry
techID = experimentalRocketry
pos = -488,1258.5,-3
icon = EXPERIMENTALROCKETRY
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Rocketry
description = Don't take "experimental" lightly.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_veryHeavyRocketry,node7_metaMaterials
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_advAerodynamics
techID = advAerodynamics
pos = -832.9991,938.7086,-1
icon = ADVAERODYNAMICS
cost = 300
title = Advanced Aerodynamics
description = Advances in fluid dynamics research technology have allowed development of a new set of streamlined aircraft components, And also these parts here.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_supersonicFlight
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_advScienceTech
techID = advScienceTech
pos = -635,574.0369,-1
icon = ADVSCIENCETECH
cost = 550
title = Advanced Science Tech
description = Scientific advancements allow new advanced technologies for advancing Science.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_electronics,node6_fieldScience
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_advUnmanned
techID = advUnmanned
pos = -635,796.7432,-1
icon = ADVUNMANNED
cost = 550
title = Advanced Unmanned Tech
description = Improvements in remote control technology for a new generation of probe designs.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_unmannedTech
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_specializedElectrics
techID = specializedElectrics
pos = -635,671.9929,-1
icon = SPECIALIZEDELECTRICS
cost = 550
title = Specialized Electrics
description = Experience the warm glow of the latest in electrical technology. Figuratively, of course, and maybe also quite literally as well. Actually, try to avoid direct exposure.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_largeElectrics,node6_electronics
PARTS
{
name = microwaveReceiver
name = microwaveTransmitter
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_largeprobes
techID = largeProbes
pos = -635,734.037,-1
icon = LARGEPROBES
cost = 550
title = Large Probes
description = Command massive vessels without putting your crew through massive risks.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_unmannedTech,node6_largeElectrics
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_hypersonicFlight
techID = hypersonicFlight
pos = -635,897.2978,-1
icon = HYPERSONICFLIGHT
cost = 550
title = Hypersonic Flight
description = Push your aircraft to the upper limits of airspeed and sanity.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_highAltitudeFlight,node6_advAerodynamics
PARTS
{
name = atmosphericScoop
name = atmosphericScoop2
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_advancedMotors
techID = advancedMotors
pos = -635,500,-1
icon = FIELDSCIENCE
cost = 550
title = Advanced Motors
description = Wheel technology is just rolling along now. You could even say our engineers are on a roll with it.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_fieldScience
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_advMetalWorks
techID = advMetalworks
pos = -832.9991,1050.194,-1
icon = ADVMETALWORKS
cost = 300
title = Advanced MetalWorks
description = These new construction techniques allow for craft designs that were considered insane not too long ago... and still are. But they're now possible!
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_specializedConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_largeControl
techID = largeControl
pos = -832.9991,1113.887,-1
icon = LARGECONTROL
cost = 300
title = Large Control
description = A newer state-of-the-art in control technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_specializedControl
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_unmannedTech
techID = unmannedTech
pos = -832.9991,796.7432,-1
icon = UNMANNEDTECH
cost = 300
title = Unmanned Tech
description = Warning: May contain traces of sentience.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_precisionEngineering
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_highAltitudeFlight
techID = highAltitudeFlight
pos = -832.9991,854.3693,-1
icon = HIGHALTITUDEFLIGHT
cost = 300
title = High Altitude Flight
description = New breakthroughs in engine and intake development to enable flying through the upper reaches of the atmosphere.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_supersonicFlight,node4_advFlightControl
PARTS
{
name = ThermalTurbojet
name = warpAtmIntake
name = warpAtmIntake2
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_electronics
techID = electronics
pos = -832.9991,614.4313,-1
icon = ELECTRONICS
cost = 300
title = Electronics
description = Hopefully these won't become obsolete in the next couple of months.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_advElectrics
PARTS
{
name = DTMagnetometer
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_largeElectrics
techID = largeElectrics
pos = -832.9991,671.9929,-1
icon = LARGEELECTRICS
cost = 300
title = Large Electrics
description = Maximize your energy production and storage potential by maximizing the size of the electrical components on your vessels.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
name = Brayton2
name = Brayton3
name = Brayton1
name = tinyBrayton
name = radiator0
name = radiator1
name = radiator2
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_supersonicFlight
techID = supersonicFlight
pos = -1043,897.5981,-1
icon = SUPERSONICFLIGHT
cost = 160
title = Supersonic Flight
description = A new line of aircraft parts that allow for unprecedented maneuverability and speed.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_aerodynamicSystems
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_veryHeavyRocketry
techID = veryHeavyRocketry
pos = -635,1250.411,-1
icon = VERYHEAVYROCKETRY
cost = 550
title = Very Heavy Rocketry
description = While ever-larger rockets may not be the answer every time, for all other times, we've developed these.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_heavierRocketry,node6_largeControl
PARTS
{
name = AluminiumHybrid1
name = 375PureLiquidTank
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_ionPropulsion
techID = ionPropulsion
pos = -832.9991,731.5032,-1
icon = IONPROPULSION
cost = 300
title = Ion Propulsion
description = Turns out, it's not science fiction.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_precisionEngineering,node5_advElectrics
PARTS
{
name = MPD
name = smallMPD
name = BigXenonTank
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_nuclearPropulsion
techID = nuclearPropulsion
pos = -822,1202.833,-7
icon = NUCLEARPROPULSION
cost = 300
title = Nuclear Propulsion
description = Nuclear engines don't burn fuel, they totally annihilate it. We just hope it doesn't begin any conflicts.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_heavierRocketry,node5_specializedControl
PARTS
{
name = NuclearReactor375
name = NuclearReactor250
name = NuclearReactor0625
name = NuclearReactor125
name = ThermalRocketNozzle
name = smallThermalRocketNozzle
name = bigThermalRocketNozzle
name = HexCanDeutTritLarge
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_fieldScience
techID = fieldScience
pos = -832.9991,532.4777,-1
icon = FIELDSCIENCE
cost = 300
title = Field Science
description = Freedom to roam as far as curiosity will take you, or as long as batteries last.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_advExploration,node5_advLanding
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_composites
techID = composites
pos = -635,1050.415,-1
icon = COMPOSITES
cost = 550
title = Composites
description = Lightweight and strong! and don't worry, we're sure the glue will dry off in no time.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_advMetalWorks
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_heavyAerodynamics
techID = heavyAerodynamics
pos = -635,969.6069,-1
icon = HEAVYAERODYNAMICS
cost = 550
title = Heavy Aerodynamics
description = Advances in construction technology enabled new breakthroughs in aerospace materials.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_advMetalWorks,node6_advAerodynamics
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_metaMaterials
techID = metaMaterials
pos = -635,1113.875,-1
icon = METAMATERIALS
cost = 550
title = Meta-Materials
description = An advancemement in spacecraft construction so revolutionary, you won't even mind that its naming was wildly inaccurate.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_advMetalWorks,node6_largeControl
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_advLanding
techID = advLanding
pos = -1043,493.0854,-1
icon = LANDING
cost = 160
title = Advanced Landing
description = Further advances in landing devices, allowing for more controlled descents and a much higher number of parts still attached to the ship after touchdown.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_landing
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_aerodynamicSystems
techID = aerodynamicSystems
pos = -1247,897.689,-1
icon = AERODYNAMICSYSTEMS
cost = 90
title = Aerodynamics
description = New breakthroughs from C7 Aerospace allow for new types of craft to be built. We're looking into hiring some of their engineers as well.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_generalConstruction,node3_flightControl
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_specializedConstruction
techID = specializedConstruction
pos = -1043,1006.601,-1
icon = SPECIALIZEDCONSTRUCTION
cost = 160
title = Specialized Construction
description = Specialized construction techniques provide new ways of attaching things together, and detaching things on purpose.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_advConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_heavierRocketry
techID = heavierRocketry
pos = -1044.667,1258.5,-4
icon = HEAVIERROCKETRY
cost = 160
title = Heavier Rocketry
description = There may be an upper limit to how large a rocket can be built, but we're not there yet.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_heavyRocketry,node4_fuelSystems
PARTS
{
name = 25PureLiquidTank
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_specializedControl
techID = specializedControl
pos = -1043,1113.71,-1
icon = SPECIALIZEDCONTROL
cost = 160
title = Specialized Control
description = A new state-of-the-art in control technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_fuelSystems,node4_advConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_advElectrics
techID = advElectrics
pos = -1043,671.9929,-1
icon = ADVELECTRICS
cost = 160
title = Advanced Electrics
description = We're fairly certain no one will ever need more than 64kw of power for anything.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_electrics
PARTS
{
name = circradiatorKT
name = circradiatorKT2
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_precisionEngineering
techID = precisionEngineering
pos = -1043,764.6053,-1
icon = PRECISIONENGINEERING
cost = 160
title = Precision Engineering
description = Precise engineering techniques allow for construction of ever smaller parts.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_advFlightControl,node4_electrics
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_advExploration
techID = advExploration
pos = -1043,580.8679,-1
icon = ADVEXPLORATION
cost = 160
title = Advanced Exploration
description = They are Self-Deploying Astronaut Mobility Enhancement Devices, I don't know what you mean by "ladders".
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_electrics,node4_spaceExploration
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_fuelSystems
techID = fuelSystems
pos = -1247,1114.295,-1
icon = FUELSYSTEMS
cost = 90
title = Fuel Systems
description = Advancements towards a better understanding of how fuel flows through a rocket.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_advRocketry,node3_generalConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_heavyRocketry
techID = heavyRocketry
pos = -1247,1250.411,-1
icon = HEAVYROCKETRY
cost = 90
title = Heavy Rocketry
description = The next logical step for rocketry technology is to just go bigger.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_advRocketry
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_landing
techID = landing
pos = -1247,493,-1
icon = ADVLANDING
cost = 90
title = Landing
description = Our Engineers are nothing if not optimistic.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_scienceTech
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_spaceExploration
techID = spaceExploration
pos = -1247,580.6476,-1
icon = EVATECH
cost = 90
title = Space Exploration
description = To boldly go where no green man has gone before.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_electrics
techID = electrics
pos = -1247,671.9929,-1
icon = ELECTRICS
cost = 90
title = Electrics
description = We did know about electricity before inventing space flight. The big breakthrough here was combining the two.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_flightControl,node3_scienceTech
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_advFlightControl
techID = advFlightControl
pos = -1247,796.7432,-1
icon = ADVFLIGHTCONTROL
cost = 90
title = Advanced Flight Control
description = The latest advancements in keeping the correct end of the ship pointing towards where you want it to go.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_flightControl
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_advConstruction
techID = advConstruction
pos = -1247,1006.672,-1
icon = ADVCONSTRUCTION
cost = 90
title = Advanced Construction
description = New advances in construction make it possible to build larger than ever before.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_generalConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node3_flightControl
techID = flightControl
pos = -1469.98,796.7432,-1
icon = FLIGHTCONTROL
cost = 45
title = Flight Control
description = Tumbling out of control may be fun, but our engineers insist there's more to rocket science than that.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node2_stability,node2_survivability
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node3_generalConstruction
techID = generalConstruction
pos = -1469.98,1006.844,-1
icon = GENERALCONSTRUCTION
cost = 45
title = General Construction
description = New equipment to help out in keeping things stable, especially useful when the size of the spacecraft defies the current bounds of sanity.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node2_generalRocketry,node2_stability
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node3_scienceTech
techID = scienceTech
pos = -1469.98,580.6995,-1
icon = SCIENCETECH
cost = 45
title = Science Tech
description = We are going to ask all the big questions of the Universe... eventually. For now, we're starting with these.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node2_survivability
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node3_advRocketry
techID = advRocketry
pos = -1469.98,1184.784,-1
icon = ADVROCKETRY
cost = 45
title = Advanced Rocketry
description = A new step ahead in rocket technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node2_generalRocketry
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node2_stability
techID = stability
pos = -1693.861,896.566,-1
icon = STABILITY
cost = 18
title = Stability
description = Reaching for the stars starts with keeping our spacecraft pointed generally in the right direction.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node1_basicRocketry
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node1_basicRocketry
techID = basicRocketry
pos = -1901.18,896.566,-1
icon = BASICROCKETRY
cost = 5
title = Basic Rocketry
description = How hard can Rocket Science be anyway?
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node0_start
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node2_survivability
techID = survivability
pos = -1732.888,699.7489,-1
icon = SURVIVABILITY
cost = 15
title = Survivability
description = The art and science of landing and walking away from it.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node2_generalRocketry
techID = generalRocketry
pos = -1652.237,1074.484,-1
icon = GENERALROCKETRY
cost = 20
title = General Rocketry
description = More engines, more fuel, more ambitious ideas.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node0_start
techID = start
pos = -2022.448,896.566,-1
icon = START
cost = 0
title = Start
description = The technology we started out with.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents =
PARTS
{
name = HexCanLithium
name = AntimatterDevTank125
}
}

As for fixing the 100% problem, no... but I do have proposal and reasoning to allow a throttle.

Basically in the "Power Management Window" there should be a UI element (% slider + MW/GW entry box) that allows you to set your power draw from the network.

Assuming all your power sats/relays are talking to each other (honestly, is there any other way?), you just use transmit what portion you need at the intended target, if you have extra (say, you just HAVE to generate microwave power), you just fire it off into deep space at wide dispersion. Agile Phased Array transmitters should be capable of this. But in general, you'd only transmit the power the target wanted at the target. So you could say draw a few hundred kilowatts to keep a probe running, or draw the entire available network power (after all other active loads are taken care of), or even cancel all loads for emergency power to the current load.

A (somewhat) simple example of this methodology.

Lets say we have a 1 GW microwave transmission capable power sat. We have a manufacturing base on Mun that requires 10 MW continuous power, and a probe that's boosting for a Jool flyby on plasma thrusters. Your power network should be intelligent enough to transmit that 10MW end user power (which means it ramps up transmission at the production node to account for losses) to the Mun base, and send whatever's left to the probe. At the probe, the Power Management window might look like this:

----------------------------------------------------------------

Theoretical Maximum Power: 1.0 GW.

Other Network Supply Requests: 10.0 MW {Details Button} ---> New list window [ Mun Base Request 10.0 MW {Edit Request} {Cancel Request} ]

Supply Request Loss Corrections: 2.4 MW

Theoretical Network Power Available: 987.6 MW

Network Loss Percentage (local): 4.8%

Network Power Request: (Slider) 0%-----------------* 100%

Network Power Request: (entrybox) [948.096] MW / 948.096 MW

Power Recieved: 913.26 MW

----------------------------------------------------------------

Clicking the Details Button would bring up a list of power requests, where you could cancel requests outright (say if you need immediate power to prevent a crash or missed encounter), or reset them using the same slider/entrybox type interface.

On our example here, the notional receiver isn't aligned perfectly, so we've got a bit of loss due to that.

Edited by VaporTrail

10.3 has the problem of transmitting 100% power to anything connected to the network. I can't wait for 10.4. Anyone know a way to fix that?

It's not a problem, it's realistic. Nothing is 100% efficient. There are always losses.

10.3 has the problem of transmitting 100% power to anything connected to the network. I can't wait for 10.4. Anyone know a way to fix that?

Fractal_UK has shown a fix for that over 100 thread pages ago, but it has not been released yet.

I have several fusion power plants sitting in orbit waiting for this fix.

Their microwave antennas are set to "relay" and I'm experimenting with

other means of powering my network.

http://imgur.com/a/CF096

Solar ain't cutting it with 24 Gigantor XLs...

Someone suggested Kosmos solar arrays.

I might give that a shot.

I really wish we could get a hot fix for this particular item.

I just threw a massive thorium caterpillar down on the landing strip and drove it over to the hangar because it snaps into pieces if you drive it backwards down that tiny slope off the landing strip. It was easy and let me experiment.

If you don't use treeloader, then you won't have the new tech nodes this mod adds. They're all at the end of the tech tree, and have all the best parts in them (antimatter, warp drive, etc). You can edit the tree that comes with the mod to include additional parts, although in general you shouldn't need to.

I was having an issue not being able to use ModuleManage to move stock parts on the tech tree and I discovered the issue was with the KSPI tech tree. Any part locations defined in the tree.cfg overwrite the individual parts.cfg's TechRequired entries. I removed all of the stock parts from the KSPI tree.cfg and even fixed the experimentalScience being a prereq for advScienceTech and switched them around. I left all the KSPI parts that were in tree.cfg alone but not all of them are there so I suspect it might be best to remove all the parts from the tree that are in nodes that match the stock tree and just rely on TechRequired in the part.cfg's.

NODE
{
name = newnode_7144
techID = interstellarTechFusionPower
pos = -348.8333,1202.833,-16
icon = NUCLEARPROPULSION
cost = 3000
title = FusionPower
description = With an energy density and resource ability to put mere fission to shame, Fusion Power represents a leap forward in energy production technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_nuclearPropulsion,node7_metaMaterials
PARTS
{
name = vista
}
}
NODE
{
name = newnode_9820
techID = interstellarTechAccelerator
pos = -293.1667,618.3334,-6
cost = 2000
title = Particle Accelerators
description = Particle accelerators provide the basis for antimatter technology, allowing the first experiments with respect to its capture and storage.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
name = AntimatterCollector
name = AntimatterTank125
name = AntimatterTank250
name = AntimatterTank375
}
}
NODE
{
name = newnode_5951
techID = interstellarTechAntimatterPower
pos = -265.3333,952.3334,-5
cost = 4000
title = Antimatter Power
description = Not so much a new method of power production as energy storage, but the energy density of the fuel cannot be rivalled.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node8_experimentalElectrics,newnode_9820,newnode_7144
PARTS
{
name = AntimatterReactor125
name = AntimatterReactor250
name = AntimatterReactor375
}
}
NODE
{
name = newnode_8234
techID = interstellarTechUHEPhysics
pos = -70.5,952.3334,-8
cost = 10000
title = Ultra-High Energy Physics
description = Probing extremely high energy levels has yielded the keys to the production of Exotic Matter, allowing the production of novel new technologies previously thought impossible.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = newnode_5951
PARTS
{
name = WarpDrive
name = WarpDrive2
name = WarpDrive3
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_nanolathing
techID = nanolathing
pos = -475.6188,1050.876,-1
icon = NANOLATHING
cost = 1000
title = Nanolathing
description = The very latest in construction technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_composites
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_automation
techID = automation
pos = -488,813.1667,-4
icon = AUTOMATION
cost = 1000
title = Automation
description = We can't think of anything that could go wrong with letting an experimental AI handle every aspect of a mission.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_advUnmanned
PARTS
{
name = computerCore
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_robotics
techID = robotics
pos = -475.6188,734.037,-1
icon = ROBOTICS
cost = 1000
title = Robotics
description = The rumours of robot-led world domination are greatly exaggerated.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_largeprobes
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalMotors
techID = experimentalMotors
pos = -475.6188,500,-1
icon = EXPERIMENTALMOTORS
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Motors
description = The latest breakthroughs that are driving motor technology forwards, and in reverse, and steering too.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_advancedMotors
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalScience
techID = experimentalScience
pos = -237.5,507,-8
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Science
description = Explore novel fields of science that we didn't even know were there.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalAerodynamics
techID = experimentalAerodynamics
pos = -475.6188,970.0212,-1
icon = EXPERIMENTALAERODYNAMICS
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Aerodynamics
description = Winged flight technology is soaring to unprecendented heights. It could even be said that it's properly taking off now.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_heavyAerodynamics
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalElectrics
techID = experimentalElectrics
pos = -404.5,674,-8
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Electrics
description = The very latest in electrical systems technology. Our engineers are buzzing with excitement over it. They also seem to glow in the dark now. Fascinating!
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node7_specializedElectrics
PARTS
{
name = phasedArray1
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_aerospaceTech
techID = aerospaceTech
pos = -475.6188,897.4948,-1
icon = AEROSPACETECH
cost = 1000
title = Aerospace Tech
description = The absolute cutting-edge in aerospace technology. Quite literally, some of those edges are very sharp. Handle with care.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_hypersonicFlight
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node8_experimentalRocketry
techID = experimentalRocketry
pos = -488,1258.5,-3
icon = EXPERIMENTALROCKETRY
cost = 1000
title = Experimental Rocketry
description = Don't take "experimental" lightly.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = True
parents = node7_veryHeavyRocketry,node7_metaMaterials
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_advAerodynamics
techID = advAerodynamics
pos = -832.9991,938.7086,-1
icon = ADVAERODYNAMICS
cost = 300
title = Advanced Aerodynamics
description = Advances in fluid dynamics research technology have allowed development of a new set of streamlined aircraft components, And also these parts here.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_supersonicFlight
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_advScienceTech
techID = advScienceTech
pos = -635,574.0369,-1
icon = ADVSCIENCETECH
cost = 550
title = Advanced Science Tech
description = Scientific advancements allow new advanced technologies for advancing Science.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_electronics,node6_fieldScience
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_advUnmanned
techID = advUnmanned
pos = -635,796.7432,-1
icon = ADVUNMANNED
cost = 550
title = Advanced Unmanned Tech
description = Improvements in remote control technology for a new generation of probe designs.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_unmannedTech
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_specializedElectrics
techID = specializedElectrics
pos = -635,671.9929,-1
icon = SPECIALIZEDELECTRICS
cost = 550
title = Specialized Electrics
description = Experience the warm glow of the latest in electrical technology. Figuratively, of course, and maybe also quite literally as well. Actually, try to avoid direct exposure.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_largeElectrics,node6_electronics
PARTS
{
name = microwaveReceiver
name = microwaveTransmitter
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_largeprobes
techID = largeProbes
pos = -635,734.037,-1
icon = LARGEPROBES
cost = 550
title = Large Probes
description = Command massive vessels without putting your crew through massive risks.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_unmannedTech,node6_largeElectrics
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_hypersonicFlight
techID = hypersonicFlight
pos = -635,897.2978,-1
icon = HYPERSONICFLIGHT
cost = 550
title = Hypersonic Flight
description = Push your aircraft to the upper limits of airspeed and sanity.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_highAltitudeFlight,node6_advAerodynamics
PARTS
{
name = atmosphericScoop
name = atmosphericScoop2
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_advancedMotors
techID = advancedMotors
pos = -635,500,-1
icon = FIELDSCIENCE
cost = 550
title = Advanced Motors
description = Wheel technology is just rolling along now. You could even say our engineers are on a roll with it.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_fieldScience
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_advMetalWorks
techID = advMetalworks
pos = -832.9991,1050.194,-1
icon = ADVMETALWORKS
cost = 300
title = Advanced MetalWorks
description = These new construction techniques allow for craft designs that were considered insane not too long ago... and still are. But they're now possible!
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_specializedConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_largeControl
techID = largeControl
pos = -832.9991,1113.887,-1
icon = LARGECONTROL
cost = 300
title = Large Control
description = A newer state-of-the-art in control technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_specializedControl
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_unmannedTech
techID = unmannedTech
pos = -832.9991,796.7432,-1
icon = UNMANNEDTECH
cost = 300
title = Unmanned Tech
description = Warning: May contain traces of sentience.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_precisionEngineering
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_highAltitudeFlight
techID = highAltitudeFlight
pos = -832.9991,854.3693,-1
icon = HIGHALTITUDEFLIGHT
cost = 300
title = High Altitude Flight
description = New breakthroughs in engine and intake development to enable flying through the upper reaches of the atmosphere.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_supersonicFlight,node4_advFlightControl
PARTS
{
name = ThermalTurbojet
name = warpAtmIntake
name = warpAtmIntake2
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_electronics
techID = electronics
pos = -832.9991,614.4313,-1
icon = ELECTRONICS
cost = 300
title = Electronics
description = Hopefully these won't become obsolete in the next couple of months.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
name = DTMagnetometer
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_largeElectrics
techID = largeElectrics
pos = -832.9991,671.9929,-1
icon = LARGEELECTRICS
cost = 300
title = Large Electrics
description = Maximize your energy production and storage potential by maximizing the size of the electrical components on your vessels.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
name = Brayton2
name = Brayton3
name = Brayton1
name = tinyBrayton
name = radiator0
name = radiator1
name = radiator2
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_supersonicFlight
techID = supersonicFlight
pos = -1043,897.5981,-1
icon = SUPERSONICFLIGHT
cost = 160
title = Supersonic Flight
description = A new line of aircraft parts that allow for unprecedented maneuverability and speed.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_aerodynamicSystems
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_veryHeavyRocketry
techID = veryHeavyRocketry
pos = -635,1250.411,-1
icon = VERYHEAVYROCKETRY
cost = 550
title = Very Heavy Rocketry
description = While ever-larger rockets may not be the answer every time, for all other times, we've developed these.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_heavierRocketry,node6_largeControl
PARTS
{
name = AluminiumHybrid1
name = 375PureLiquidTank
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_ionPropulsion
techID = ionPropulsion
pos = -832.9991,731.5032,-1
icon = IONPROPULSION
cost = 300
title = Ion Propulsion
description = Turns out, it's not science fiction.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_precisionEngineering,node5_advElectrics
PARTS
{
name = MPD
name = smallMPD
name = BigXenonTank
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_nuclearPropulsion
techID = nuclearPropulsion
pos = -822,1202.833,-7
icon = NUCLEARPROPULSION
cost = 300
title = Nuclear Propulsion
description = Nuclear engines don't burn fuel, they totally annihilate it. We just hope it doesn't begin any conflicts.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_heavierRocketry,node5_specializedControl
PARTS
{
name = NuclearReactor375
name = NuclearReactor250
name = NuclearReactor0625
name = NuclearReactor125
name = ThermalRocketNozzle
name = smallThermalRocketNozzle
name = bigThermalRocketNozzle
name = HexCanDeutTritLarge
}
}
NODE
{
name = node6_fieldScience
techID = fieldScience
pos = -832.9991,532.4777,-1
icon = FIELDSCIENCE
cost = 300
title = Field Science
description = Freedom to roam as far as curiosity will take you, or as long as batteries last.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node5_advExploration,node5_advLanding
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_composites
techID = composites
pos = -635,1050.415,-1
icon = COMPOSITES
cost = 550
title = Composites
description = Lightweight and strong! and don't worry, we're sure the glue will dry off in no time.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_advMetalWorks
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_heavyAerodynamics
techID = heavyAerodynamics
pos = -635,969.6069,-1
icon = HEAVYAERODYNAMICS
cost = 550
title = Heavy Aerodynamics
description = Advances in construction technology enabled new breakthroughs in aerospace materials.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_advMetalWorks,node6_advAerodynamics
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node7_metaMaterials
techID = metaMaterials
pos = -635,1113.875,-1
icon = METAMATERIALS
cost = 550
title = Meta-Materials
description = An advancemement in spacecraft construction so revolutionary, you won't even mind that its naming was wildly inaccurate.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node6_advMetalWorks,node6_largeControl
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_advLanding
techID = advLanding
pos = -1043,493.0854,-1
icon = LANDING
cost = 160
title = Advanced Landing
description = Further advances in landing devices, allowing for more controlled descents and a much higher number of parts still attached to the ship after touchdown.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_landing
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_aerodynamicSystems
techID = aerodynamicSystems
pos = -1247,897.689,-1
icon = AERODYNAMICSYSTEMS
cost = 90
title = Aerodynamics
description = New breakthroughs from C7 Aerospace allow for new types of craft to be built. We're looking into hiring some of their engineers as well.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_generalConstruction,node3_flightControl
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_specializedConstruction
techID = specializedConstruction
pos = -1043,1006.601,-1
icon = SPECIALIZEDCONSTRUCTION
cost = 160
title = Specialized Construction
description = Specialized construction techniques provide new ways of attaching things together, and detaching things on purpose.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_advConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_heavierRocketry
techID = heavierRocketry
pos = -1044.667,1258.5,-4
icon = HEAVIERROCKETRY
cost = 160
title = Heavier Rocketry
description = There may be an upper limit to how large a rocket can be built, but we're not there yet.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_heavyRocketry,node4_fuelSystems
PARTS
{
name = 25PureLiquidTank
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_specializedControl
techID = specializedControl
pos = -1043,1113.71,-1
icon = SPECIALIZEDCONTROL
cost = 160
title = Specialized Control
description = A new state-of-the-art in control technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_fuelSystems,node4_advConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_advElectrics
techID = advElectrics
pos = -1043,671.9929,-1
icon = ADVELECTRICS
cost = 160
title = Advanced Electrics
description = We're fairly certain no one will ever need more than 64kw of power for anything.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_electrics
PARTS
{
name = circradiatorKT
name = circradiatorKT2
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_precisionEngineering
techID = precisionEngineering
pos = -1043,764.6053,-1
icon = PRECISIONENGINEERING
cost = 160
title = Precision Engineering
description = Precise engineering techniques allow for construction of ever smaller parts.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_advFlightControl,node4_electrics
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node5_advExploration
techID = advExploration
pos = -1043,580.8679,-1
icon = ADVEXPLORATION
cost = 160
title = Advanced Exploration
description = They are Self-Deploying Astronaut Mobility Enhancement Devices, I don't know what you mean by "ladders".
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node4_electrics,node4_spaceExploration
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_fuelSystems
techID = fuelSystems
pos = -1247,1114.295,-1
icon = FUELSYSTEMS
cost = 90
title = Fuel Systems
description = Advancements towards a better understanding of how fuel flows through a rocket.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_advRocketry,node3_generalConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_heavyRocketry
techID = heavyRocketry
pos = -1247,1250.411,-1
icon = HEAVYROCKETRY
cost = 90
title = Heavy Rocketry
description = The next logical step for rocketry technology is to just go bigger.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_advRocketry
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_landing
techID = landing
pos = -1247,493,-1
icon = ADVLANDING
cost = 90
title = Landing
description = Our Engineers are nothing if not optimistic.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_spaceExploration
techID = spaceExploration
pos = -1247,580.6476,-1
icon = EVATECH
cost = 90
title = Space Exploration
description = To boldly go where no green man has gone before.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_electrics
techID = electrics
pos = -1247,671.9929,-1
icon = ELECTRICS
cost = 90
title = Electrics
description = We did know about electricity before inventing space flight. The big breakthrough here was combining the two.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_flightControl,node3_scienceTech
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_advFlightControl
techID = advFlightControl
pos = -1247,796.7432,-1
icon = ADVFLIGHTCONTROL
cost = 90
title = Advanced Flight Control
description = The latest advancements in keeping the correct end of the ship pointing towards where you want it to go.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_flightControl
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node4_advConstruction
techID = advConstruction
pos = -1247,1006.672,-1
icon = ADVCONSTRUCTION
cost = 90
title = Advanced Construction
description = New advances in construction make it possible to build larger than ever before.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node3_generalConstruction
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node3_flightControl
techID = flightControl
pos = -1469.98,796.7432,-1
icon = FLIGHTCONTROL
cost = 45
title = Flight Control
description = Tumbling out of control may be fun, but our engineers insist there's more to rocket science than that.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node2_stability,node2_survivability
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node3_generalConstruction
techID = generalConstruction
pos = -1469.98,1006.844,-1
icon = GENERALCONSTRUCTION
cost = 45
title = General Construction
description = New equipment to help out in keeping things stable, especially useful when the size of the spacecraft defies the current bounds of sanity.
anyParent = True
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node2_generalRocketry,node2_stability
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node3_scienceTech
techID = scienceTech
pos = -1469.98,580.6995,-1
icon = SCIENCETECH
cost = 45
title = Science Tech
description = We are going to ask all the big questions of the Universe... eventually. For now, we're starting with these.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node2_survivability
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node3_advRocketry
techID = advRocketry
pos = -1469.98,1184.784,-1
icon = ADVROCKETRY
cost = 45
title = Advanced Rocketry
description = A new step ahead in rocket technology.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node2_generalRocketry
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node2_stability
techID = stability
pos = -1693.861,896.566,-1
icon = STABILITY
cost = 18
title = Stability
description = Reaching for the stars starts with keeping our spacecraft pointed generally in the right direction.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node1_basicRocketry
techID = basicRocketry
pos = -1901.18,896.566,-1
icon = BASICROCKETRY
cost = 5
title = Basic Rocketry
description = How hard can Rocket Science be anyway?
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents = node0_start
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node2_survivability
techID = survivability
pos = -1732.888,699.7489,-1
icon = SURVIVABILITY
cost = 15
title = Survivability
description = The art and science of landing and walking away from it.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node2_generalRocketry
techID = generalRocketry
pos = -1652.237,1074.484,-1
icon = GENERALROCKETRY
cost = 20
title = General Rocketry
description = More engines, more fuel, more ambitious ideas.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
PARTS
{
}
}
NODE
{
name = node0_start
techID = start
pos = -2022.448,896.566,-1
icon = START
cost = 0
title = Start
description = The technology we started out with.
anyParent = False
hideIfEmpty = False
parents =
PARTS
{
name = HexCanLithium
name = AntimatterDevTank125
}
}

@PART[whateverpart]:Final

{

@TechRequired = whatevernodeyouwant

}

Doesn't work? The :Final should override any mod authors if they are playing nicely.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

I have several fusion power plants sitting in orbit waiting for this fix.

Their microwave antennas are set to "relay" and I'm experimenting with

other means of powering my network.

http://imgur.com/a/CF096

Solar ain't cutting it with 24 Gigantor XLs...

Someone suggested Kosmos solar arrays.

I might give that a shot.

I really wish we could get a hot fix for this particular item.

I'm right there with you. I've just gotten a solar explorer (Sandbox, not carrer) with six Gigantors down to a Gigameter orbit and I'm still pulling only megawatt levels of power. In fact, I'm pulling less power from the panels than I could if I pointed my transceiver at Kerbin and pulled off my ~4-5 GW orbital reactor array by at least an order of magnitude.

My plan was to drop twenty or so of these:

screenshot52_zps3fc3cacb.png

into low(ish) Kerbol orbit with higher orbit relays and pull several GW of power to be funneled into the network. Not sure it's gonna happen.