[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Besides KOSMOS, what other mods offer huge solar panels?

Shuttle orbiter has a pretty decent set, but not sure on how big is BIG to you so-to-speak.

Edited by Dewar

Besides KOSMOS, what other mods offer huge solar panels?

kerbin shuttle orbiter has one

by the way, wasnt this upate supposed to have some antimatter generator?

its even on this screen, this round object

http://i.imgur.com/SXNa9cJ.jpg

but it is not mentioned in changelog.

edit: ah, its probably just new inline rafinery

AArtisan in dev thread told us that this was supposed to generate antimatter, but plans changed, right? or this rafinery CAN generate antimatter?

also

Direct conversion max power fixed, fixes problems generally experienced with fusion and microwave transmitters

does that mean that ships will receive only as much power as they need from microwawe grid to prevent overheating?

Edited by kiwiak

Version 0.11 Released!

Version 0.11.0
-Toolbar Integration
-Updated tech tree with additional fusion power node
-New Computer Core Model (by AArtisan)
-New 0.625 Pebble bed/dusty plasma reactor (model by AArisan)
-New Large 3.75m Refinery which does processing and resource extraction (model by Aartisan)
-Added Haber process (to produce ammonia) to Refinery
-Improved impactor mechanics
-Direct conversion max power fixed, fixes problems generally experienced with fusion and microwave transmitters
-Fixed thrust transform with small arcjet engine
-Default generator Electric Charge set to 1000

Download links on the first page have been updated. Enjoy!

Many thanks :)

Just had a quick play around:

2.3.0 & 2.3.5 : The antimatter transfer across docking ports, when the vessel is not focused quirk is still there, but I suspect this is a SQUAD issue.

2.3.0 & 2.3.5 (?): The tool button is nice, but only half working: Click it once to bring up the window - works, click it again and I'd expect the window to close - it doesn't

2.3.0 My fledging power network was delivering 9GW to the launch pad, 4GW from space + 5GW from near the pad. The contribution from near the pad now appears to be 1GW, I'm investigating.

The delay when placing radiators appears reduced in 2.3.0 and very much reduced in 2.3.5. The difference between the two versions makes me suspect I have something strange gong on.

kerbin shuttle orbiter has one

by the way, wasnt this upate supposed to have some antimatter generator?

its even on this screen, this round object

http://i.imgur.com/SXNa9cJ.jpg

but it is not mentioned in changelog.

edit: ah, its probably just new inline rafinery

AArtisan in dev thread told us that this was supposed to generate antimatter, but plans changed, right? or this rafinery CAN generate antimatter?

also

does that mean that ships will receive only as much power as they need from microwawe grid to prevent overheating?

Since AArtisan is working on a radial collector for antimatter, I thought it was more important to get a really nice looking refinery model out there because the existing ones aren't ideal in many ways. It's quite an important part afterall.

Microwave reception hasn't been changed, it's purely the transmission end that has been altered by the direct conversion fix.

Bill, Jeb and Bob give it a thumbs up :)

They already started work on a new Liftmaster Heavy SSTO, 50 parts and it made it into orbit, I really miss MechJeb and I should have added reaction wheels lol.

PJZ8JNC.png

So, I set up a vessel that was supposed to meet with an asteroid out near Kerbin, and...I attached, everything with smooth, but...the rock didn't move. I had four 1.25m antimatter LFO drives firing off at MAX power, and I burned up all the fuel. Know what happened? Absolutely nothing. The rock didn't budge even a centimeter. I have no idea how to respond to that, being that those four thrusters were 1.25m antimatter LFO drives. Thats powerful enough to lift a heavy payload from Kerbin's surface to orbit with a decent amount of fuel. How on earth would that NOT redirect an asteroid? Well, I guess that since it's a large asteroid, being about class C, or D, it would be a bit hard to move, but this is an antimatter drive. Not a simple LFO rocket, and ANTIMATTER DRIVE! I can't rant about this enough.

I love KSP Interstellar, and it has a permanent place on my lineup, but I can't help but notice the mod is getting fairly RAM heavy. It's easily the largest taker at 300MB, more than any of KW, NP, or B9 with debloats applied. Fractal, is there a chance future versions look to size efficiency some?

So, I set up a vessel that was supposed to meet with an asteroid out near Kerbin, and...I attached, everything with smooth, but...the rock didn't move. I had four 1.25m antimatter LFO drives firing off at MAX power, and I burned up all the fuel. Know what happened? Absolutely nothing. The rock didn't budge even a centimeter. I have no idea how to respond to that, being that those four thrusters were 1.25m antimatter LFO drives. Thats powerful enough to lift a heavy payload from Kerbin's surface to orbit with a decent amount of fuel. How on earth would that NOT redirect an asteroid? Well, I guess that since it's a large asteroid, being about class C, or D, it would be a bit hard to move, but this is an antimatter drive. Not a simple LFO rocket, and ANTIMATTER DRIVE! I can't rant about this enough.

So since you attached to the asteroid you can see how heavy it is, so how heavy is it?

I love KSP Interstellar, and it has a permanent place on my lineup, but I can't help but notice the mod is getting fairly RAM heavy. It's easily the largest taker at 300MB, more than any of KW, NP, or B9 with debloats applied. Fractal, is there a chance future versions look to size efficiency some?

Active Texture Management

Edited by Donziboy2

Active Texture Management

I wouldn't be asking if I hadn't taken reasonable measures. I know KSPI has some very beautiful textures, but they are also very big textures. I would not be surprised if there was margin to trim without reducing any noticeable quality.

I updated from version .10.3 to version .11 and loaded the game, at which point it told me that an update to the tech tree was available and to install it + restart KSP.

After applying the update to the tech tree, KSP crashes after loading resources and trying to proceed to the main menu.

Is this new or did I miss something on the update?

Seems to only do it on the surface though.

Still on 0.23 and interstellar ver 0.10.3. I have a similar issue - the science labs generate antimatter when focused. But when they aren't, they don't seem to generaate anything. I got all the way to Jool whilst generating antimatter on the way and not using any (it doesn't have an AM reactor on it), and only got some 30 units of antimatter. Since being focused and performing maneuvers and such, it's generated some 200 antimatter. What's up with that?

Also a general question - is 0.11 compatible with 0.23? and will It mess up the save?

Did you rename the impactor so it does not share with something else that you have already used?

Also I had similar issues on EVE with impactors not working even when hitting at over 60ms. I eventually gave up after spending close to 6 hours getting the sensors in position all over Eve.. It was pretty annoying. I had already done Duna, Dres, Moho, Gilly to name a few....

I just tried it. Same deal - no registered impact. This is the same vessel that recorded an impact on Vall just earlier. I have already tried stopping, then resuming recording already, as in my Duna mission i discovered that it sometimes doesn't register it as being recording. Tweaked the things as much as I could in ways i could think of and still no avail :< Edited by TripleAlphaProcess

The AM collector looks AMAZING!

Since AArtisan is working on a radial collector for antimatter, I thought it was more important to get a really nice looking refinery model out there because the existing ones aren't ideal in many ways. It's quite an important part afterall.

Microwave reception hasn't been changed, it's purely the transmission end that has been altered by the direct conversion fix.

Also a general question - is 0.11 compatible with 0.23? and will It mess up the save?

In all honesty, I don't know. It will definitely work properly if you recompile 0.11 from the source but use the 0.23 KSP .dll files.

I updated from version .10.3 to version .11 and loaded the game, at which point it told me that an update to the tech tree was available and to install it + restart KSP.

After applying the update to the tech tree, KSP crashes after loading resources and trying to proceed to the main menu.

Is this new or did I miss something on the update?

I don't know why that would be, taking a look at your KSP.log file might shed some light on the matter. As other things to check, 1) make sure there is nothing wrong with the installation of the mod and 2) make sure you aren't running out of memory (as always).

Edited by Fractal_UK

All right, I'm still on version 0.23

I've got a bit of a problem with the seismometer.

My craft is on Bop with the seismometer set to record impacts. I drive an impactor straight into Bop at ~740m/s just before impact and nothing happens. Just previous to this I performed the impactor experiment just fine on Vall and Tylo with recorded science. What's going wrong? Is it because Bop has such low gravity that it registers me as not having landed yet or some such? I've tried landing in two other places and the result was still the same - no recorded impact.

Yes, my craft is powered.

Yes, I am switched to the impactor for the impact

Yes, the seismometer is on, etc etc.

As mentioned I've done the impactor experiment successfully on Tylo and Vall, and I've also done it successfully on Duna, Dres, Ike, Mun, Minmus

Hah, I figured out a solution - locking the suspension on my craft got the impact to register when I tried again, having changed nothing else.

I don't know why that would be, taking a look at your KSP.log file might shed some light on the matter. As other things to check, 1) make sure there is nothing wrong with the installation of the mod and 2) make sure you aren't running out of memory (as always).

This was it. Memory. Kind of surprised me since I don't run a whole lot of mods, but it was just enough to push me over. Can't wait for x64 =\

My game consistently crashes in the loading process at "WarpPlugin/Parts/Engines/ThermalRocketNozzle/glow". Has anyone else had this problem or know how to resolve it?

nevermind, i fixed it.

Edited by fig0451