[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Do you still have the problem if you close your intakes first, or if you shut down the engines prior to cycling through modes? And at what height were you when you blew them up?
This is not a bug (although it is very annoying) basically the engines explode at speeds higher than 1300 ms in atmos, but won't if you close your intakes or are on lfo (or some other fuel mode) so when you switched to atmos mode the engines exploded because of the air getting sucked into the engine at super high speeds!

Yes this, haha well I'd still consider it a bug actually since at 100km orbit there isn't supposed to be all that much atmosphere to contend with, I'd left them open and switched with engines on, that's what made it explode...

Alright, I've posted this before, and it didn't get noticed, and since it's quite a serious bug, I'll write something in big letters, so that it gets noticed.

I did some testing with the Dragon by cBBp, and I can confirm that the bug only happens when BOTH the decouple module AND the solar panel module are in the .cfg file. The umbilical animation has no impact, neither positive nor negative. The solar panel module works fine without the decoupler module, and the decoupler module works fine without the solar panel module. There is, however, no temporary fix for the Dragoln that I know of, as omtting the solar panels will leave it without electricCharge after some time (ok, I could also clip some RTGs in), and removing the decouple module will make it unable to operate normally - it will be unable to jettison the trunk before reentry.

Alright, I've posted this before, and it didn't get noticed, and since it's quite a serious bug, I'll write something in big letters, so that it gets noticed.

I did some testing with the Dragon by cBBp, and I can confirm that the bug only happens when BOTH the decouple module AND the solar panel module are in the .cfg file. The umbilical animation has no impact, neither positive nor negative. The solar panel module works fine without the decoupler module, and the decoupler module works fine without the solar panel module. There is, however, no temporary fix for the Dragoln that I know of, as omtting the solar panels will leave it without electricCharge after some time (ok, I could also clip some RTGs in), and removing the decouple module will make it unable to operate normally - it will be unable to jettison the trunk before reentry.

No need to act like a spoiled child. Fractal_UK provided the steps you used to figure out what's causing it. He hasn't said definitely that he'll be able to fix it, but you can be sure that he's seen your response.

I thought I'd take a stab and helping the documentation. I've edited the wiki for reactors to include this bit:

For reactors that output a portion of energy as Charged Particles along with Thermal Power. You can place two generators on each side of the reactor for higher total MJ output. This is done by setting one generator to Direct Conversion mode, to utilize the Charged Particles, and the other set to KTEC mode, to utilize the Thermal Power. This however precludes the use of parts that utilize Thermal Power such as Thermal Rockets or Thermal Turbojets, which must be connect directly to the reactor to function. This setup requires that the reactor produces both Charged particles and Thermal Power, and that you have unlocked the KTEC generator upgrade that comes from researching the Experimental Electronics node on the science tree.

There are several types of reactor/modes that output both Charged Particles and Thermal Power.

- Deuterium/Tritium mode Fusion

- Deuterium/Helium-3 mode Fusion

- "Sethlans"/"Akula" Fission

Note: After unlocking Experimental Electronics, Direct Drive becomes the default mode for fusion generators. Be sure to check before launch that any generators that should be set to KTEC mode have not reverted to Direct Drive, as it sometimes does.

**This part must be connected directly to a [[reactor|Reactors]] in order to function and can only utilize the output of one reactor at a time**

https://github.com/FractalUK/KSPInterstellar/wiki/Electrical-Generators

Let me know if there is something wrong and I'll submit a correction. I'll be submitting all of my edits here for peer review.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Another edit. Missing page this time.

Lithium Tank

This rather large container stores 100 units of lithium.

Lithium is used in deuterium/tritium mode fusion reactors to breed tritium. Lithium however is not required to generate power, only to make tritium. To use the lithium to make tritium you must enable the "breed tritium" option on the reactor. This can be enabled or disabled at anytime outside of the VAB on an active fusion reactor.

This part is useful to resupply fusion reactors that are running low on tritium. As well as a fuel source for electrically powered engines such as plasma engines. This fuel mode can be set at any time outside of the VAB.

Outside of the VAB, lithium can obtained in certain places provided that you have an ISRU (and power to run it) on your landed ship. It is commonly found in oceans, however extraction rates are extremely low.

Fusion reactors start with a full supply of lithium. Lithium containers use the all vessel flow logic similar to monopropellant. You can transfer it manually by alt-clicking as you do to move fuel around.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Excuse me, I wanted to ask what distance "550 AU (equal to 7500Gm altitude from Kerbol)." actually ist. I want to put a Spacestation with one (or more) IR Telescopes into a solar orbit, but I dont exactly know where to put it for the "Direct Planetary Observation". If you could tell me just between which planets it should be, that would be really nice :D Thanks!

Excuse me, I wanted to ask what distance "550 AU (equal to 7500Gm altitude from Kerbol)." actually ist. If you could tell me just between which planets it should be, that would be really nice :D Thanks!

Eeloo apoapsis 113,5Gm.

7500Gm - it is very very far from kerbol

It is in 550 times farther than kerbin orbit

Edited by SV-ESK

Ehm...why won't my ir telescope generate any more science? It was when I first launched it..

It needs constant attention... There is a "performance" factor which goes down over time, so you need to EVA right-click to perform maintenance in order to reset it back to 100%, or else it won't produce any science at all.

Excuse me, I wanted to ask what distance "550 AU (equal to 7500Gm altitude from Kerbol)." actually ist. I want to put a Spacestation with one (or more) IR Telescopes into a solar orbit, but I dont exactly know where to put it for the "Direct Planetary Observation". If you could tell me just between which planets it should be, that would be really nice :D Thanks!

550 AU is probably far beyond Eeloo. Just a guess though.

Talking about the telescope, mine doesn't do the basic research (not the gravitational lensing), which the wiki states that you need to just "Put in orbit around kerbin" I have a science lab attached and helium (they are docked via docking ports though) anything I'm doing wrong, or did the wiki lie to me about there being a basic research mode?

Thanks in advance

(I'll be lucky if I can find this question next time I look here, the amount of people posting is insane)

Another edit. Missing page this time.

Couple of fixes, Lithium container holds 1000 units (kilograms maybe) or Lithium and also all fission reactors can used for tritium breeding. And its also useful as 2.5 and 3.75m fusion reactors only have small amount of tritium loaded and although they can produce it while running, the amount isn't much.

Couple of fixes, Lithium container holds 1000 units (kilograms maybe) or Lithium and also all fission reactors can used for tritium breeding. And its also useful as 2.5 and 3.75m fusion reactors only have small amount of tritium loaded and although they can produce it while running, the amount isn't much.

Not sure what "all fission reactors can used for tritium breeding" is supposed to mean? Not proper english.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to mention real world units. It's never been established what 1 Kerbal unit of consumable is. If you open that kettle of fish, eventually all KSP parts will start being compared to the real world and people will being "fixing" them. Not good in my opinion. Just leave it as undefined units.

I'm finding the computer AI core to be extremely difficult when it comes to designing aircraft. I'm thinking of tweaking the 1.25 and the 2.5 meter probe parts to be AI cores as well. I'd would like to keep the parts from being OP. What's the rational to having the AI core be 3.75 meters? If were to downsize the core, what would the drawbacks be? Higher MW consumption? Lack of retrofitting to be able to do science? Any other considerations?

Thank you, I made some adjustments based on your feedback.

Talking about the telescope, mine doesn't do the basic research (not the gravitational lensing), which the wiki states that you need to just "Put in orbit around kerbin" I have a science lab attached and helium (they are docked via docking ports though) anything I'm doing wrong, or did the wiki lie to me about there being a basic research mode?

Thanks in advance

(I'll be lucky if I can find this question next time I look here, the amount of people posting is insane)

When you right click on it, If it doesn't say helium deprived, you should be able to click deep field survey.

Edited by WaveFunctionP

Not sure what "all fission reactors can used for tritium breeding" is supposed to mean? Not proper english.

Also, I don't think it's a good idea to mention real world units. It's never been established what 1 Kerbal unit of consumable is. If you open that kettle of fish, eventually all KSP parts will start being compared to the real world and people will being "fixing" them. Not good in my opinion. Just leave it as undefined units.

Well, the point is, that Fractal himself has mentioned units more precisely, like microgram for the antimatter collection as 'unit' size. Reactors also consume fuels on different levels.

And my apology for bad language, its not my primary one, though. How about this: All fission reactors (as well as fusions) support tritium breeding. If that doesn't sound correct, then please tell us, what does.