[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

It actually flies really well, though that may be the big B9 winglets at the front. It will lift off before the control tower, though I do have problems with intake air before it's gained enough speed. That was solved by taking off on 2 rather than 4 engines and switching the other 2 on after lift off.

BTW, thank you, really enjoying the mod :)

ok, it doesn't fly so well. it will take off really well though ;) The SAS was applying so much up pitch that trying to level off put it into a spin. Back to the drawing board.

Edited by RussPixie

Now I am wondering if that would work...

TO THE VAB!

It "Should"

Just get it to the very edge of the atmo. The problem is... I don't think it could maintain orbital velocity. Hrmm... maybe if you used something like KAS to drop a wench down into the atmo? Would that work? The only problem I see with it is maintaining orbital velocity.

How about.. instead of an Airship... you just put a base about 25m above the atmo and try dropping a wench down. Might work!

Just be VERY careful when docking.

~Steve

P.S.

Am I the only one unable to reprocess nuke fuel right now?

sigh, even strutted like crazy I cannot get a 3m thermal nozzle to stay on a 3m antimatter reactor. As soon as I exceed 1/4 throttle it just falls off with no violence or fanfare. Just a sputter as the engine cuts out and it drifts away. I don't understand.

sigh, even strutted like crazy I cannot get a 3m thermal nozzle to stay on a 3m antimatter reactor. As soon as I exceed 1/4 throttle it just falls off with no violence or fanfare. Just a sputter as the engine cuts out and it drifts away. I don't understand.

What are you building? Since I updated the attachment strengths I had no problems flying a sizeable 3.75m antimatter rocket into orbit with zero struts.

In theory, put on atmosphere intakes and scoops then fly through the atmosphere. I've never tried it.

Be sure to use atmosphere intakes tho, not stock air intakes.

Actually, I sent an SSTO ship (which I previously mentioned as the Triton), and sent it to Jool. I accelerated time through two earth eyars to get that ship there, established a stable orbit, minimized it to where the orbit itself came no less than maybe 2.0 million meters from Jool. I had the appropriate ram scoops, not the stock aprts, thank you, and when I did fly into Jool's atmosphere, had a really ahrd time controling the ship...

Well, after a few mintues of running the needed tests, I found that I was unable to gather anything from Jool's atmosphere besides what the atmospheric scoops allow.

List:

Oxygen

Hydrogen

Deuterium

Something

Something

None were Liquidfuel.

240+ ton jool fueling station. I'll include a screenshot: (Click for larger view)

Each strut goes all the way down to the rocket nozzle and there are 10 in total.

Have you tried strutting to the antimatter reactor and leaving the nozzle unstrutted? The nozzle is a very light part, especially compared to the other parts you have there, that might be inducing vibrations that are tearing it off. The attachment between the rocket nozzle and the antimatter reactor should be pretty strong in this version so strutting to the nozzle itself is probably not neccessary.

Have you tried strutting to the antimatter reactor and leaving the nozzle unstrutted? The nozzle is a very light part, especially compared to the other parts you have there, that might be inducing vibrations that are tearing it off. The attachment between the rocket nozzle and the antimatter reactor should be pretty strong in this version so strutting to the nozzle itself is probably not neccessary.

I have not. I'll give that a try. I did manage to lift off and get the ship out of orbit but still can't go over 1/4 thrust.

Seriously... no one else is having issues with Science Labs not converting DUF6 to UF6? Just me? Anyone? Help?

~Steve

Haven't tried it since the update.

Just 'landed' my fuel depot on Jool. It hangs in the atmosphere via 4 large balloons while processing the hydrogen in the atmosphere for fuel then rockets back into orbit to deliver the fuel to ships. I'll probably end up setting up a base around one of the moons.

It also has a science module generating science to upgrade some parts later on.

e3HbUsbl.png

Oc4RlIWl.png

xggGZASl.png

Just 'landed' my fuel depot on Jool. It hangs in the atmosphere via 4 large balloons while processing the hydrogen in the atmosphere for fuel then rockets back into orbit to deliver the fuel to ships. I'll probably end up setting up a base around one of the moons.

It also has a science module generating science to upgrade some parts later on.

Like these bound for Moho and Eeloo? Just started a fresh -legit- game.

screenshot8.png

45 CPU cores, 3 labs... complete with exchangeable nuke reactor! (I imagine you won't be able to reprocess forever once bugs are worked out!)

Travel sure is slow without warp.... but at least now we can do science while in interplanetary space!

~Steve

So I finally finished my Samples and Mystery Kethane add-on to Interstellar - just couldn't wait for 0.22! Right now I'm still tweaking it though.

kDRdWJP.jpg

The resource Samples can be found on every planetary body and can be scanned for, exactly like Kethane. The deposits usually contain 5 units or less. There's a converter (RTG) that can carry and convert Samples into Science - 1000 science per 1. Which is a lot. I haven't tested it out yet but it should be able to transmit too. On the other hand, if you can bring the sample back to a science lab you can covert it there for 5000 science per 1 sample. Samples are colored blue in the scan map, and are always only one-tile size.

On the other hand, purple represents "mystery" - this yields 50,000 science per mystery unit! There's a catch to this, however. The deposits are also always one-tile size. They should barely show up at all in most planets, and furthermore you can't even detect for them. You simply have to land, drill, and see if you got lucky. I've made it though so that the drill for Samples can drill for Mystery at all, so you can pretty much consider it a lottery hit.

Can't wait to finally stop doing my little development and start playing Interstellar again. :D

Thanks Fractal :)

Hey, that sounds and looks very cool :) I hope Fractal will incorporate it into KSPI - of course if you have nothing against it? You should also ask zzz to make some models for this mod :) I have one suggestion for Mystery tiles. Considering that a planet is a wole lot of a space to check, could you make it a bit easier for us? For example create a splotch of several purple tiles that shows up in the scan, but only single random one will contain Mystery data. This way we would at least know where to look, though it will take a while to check every tile :P

Hey, that sounds and looks very cool :) I hope Fractal will incorporate it into KSPI - of course if you have nothing against it? You should also ask zzz to make some models for this mod :) I have one suggestion for Mystery tiles. Considering that a planet is a wole lot of a space to check, could you make it a bit easier for us? For example create a splotch of several purple tiles that shows up in the scan, but only single random one will contain Mystery data. This way we would at least know where to look, though it will take a while to check every tile :P

zzz has made a number of models for KSP Interstellar. And the very post above you talks about 'Mystery Data'

Or am I missing sarcasm...

~Steve

Fractal has already said he doesn't really want to implement my little thing as he prefers to wait for 0.22 so he can use the built-in science if possible.

For the moment Mystery Data is really more like a jackpot than something you should be actively looking for. Your suggestion is great though but I don't have a way to do that with the way Kethane API is like. At the moment, hunting for Samples is easy enough, and yields quite a bit.

Is Tritium breeding supposed to be incredibly slow? Or am I missing something?

It is slow but its another of those things that you should be able to leave running even when your ship isn't selected, so you can have longterm production going on in the background.

So apparently transmitting science is now broken for me too.

I transmitted 100... received 0.02. Help? Anyone else?

Which other mods do you have installed?

No. Most mods continue to work perfectly flawlessly when KSP is updated. Mod updates after a new KSP version are usually just to take advantage of new features -- rarely are they necessary to restore functionality.

That said, this particular mod is one that will probably get a major overhaul once 0.22 is released, due to the new science system.

Is that so?

I don't mind waiting longer for a more comprehensive update of Interstellar because of the potential overlap from the mod and version 0.22 .

So essentially I can just hit the mods and call it good throughout the updates, so far? Any Mac issues anyone knows about regarding mods?