[0.25]KSP Interstellar (Magnetic Nozzles, ISRU Revamp) Version 0.13

Fractal_UK

Surely you don't throw Bill, Jeb, and Bob into Kerbol? You monsters!

I actually keep these 3 for test flights and grand tours... They're never gonna die in my Space Program!

So what's the ideal set-up for a lab then? I've got the core, lab, generator, and reactor mounted in a stack in that order from the bottom up. Is something missing or placed incorrectly?

My set up is 15 CPU cores, 3 labs... and a 2.5m reacotr+gen on docking ports so it can be swapped after a couple decades. With this set up you only need to upgrade the generator and you can run all 15 AI cores (once upgraded) and 3 labs and be barely under 30% reactor. This will let it run for right about 10 years before reprocessing.

FOR SCIENCE!

screenshot15.png

Just ask if you want the .craft.

~Steve

EDIT:

Oh Fractal... you going to be able to iron out that crew bug from the VAB? Kind of annoying having to always access the crew tab last or you launch with empty labs.

My resources list displays no change at all. The lab itself displays a rate of .296/day, and the core displays no change at all either.

After more than a month of accelerated Kerbin time, I have 4.33 science total.

Is the computer core upgraded? If not, it doesn't generate any SCIENCE!, and the numbers are right for a lab with two smart kerbals in it.

Sooo... now it`s the time.

As far I read comes this week the 0.22 Update, what will (sure due the large gamechanges) all game mods fail again.

No one forces you to upgrade... just wait until mods are compatible.

~Steve

I actually keep these 3 for test flights and grand tours... They're never gonna die in my Space Program!

My set up is 15 CPU cores, 3 labs... and a 2.5m reacotr+gen on docking ports so it can be swapped after a couple decades. With this set up you only need to upgrade the generator and you can run all 15 AI cores (once upgraded) and 3 labs and be barely under 30% reactor. This will let it run for right about 10 years before reprocessing.

FOR SCIENCE!

screenshot15.png

Just ask if you want the .craft.

~Steve

EDIT:

Oh Fractal... you going to be able to iron out that crew bug from the VAB? Kind of annoying having to always access the crew tab last or you launch with empty labs.

How do you swap out the reactor?

How do you swap out the reactor?

The short answer is: docking ports. See how the reactor itself is docked?

Land a ship on top of it... pull the reactor off.. drop a new one on. By the time you need to swap it out... science / tech won't be a problem.

~Steve

The short answer is: docking ports. See how the reactor itself is docked?

Land a ship on top of it... pull the reactor off.. drop a new one on. By the time you need to swap it out... science / tech won't be a problem.

~Steve

Had a bad feeling you were going to say that. I'm terrible at that kind of precision flying. Wonder if I can build a crane...

Edit: I knew about the docking ports...just wondered if it involved flying a ship to undock and drop a new one.

Had a bad feeling you were going to say that. I'm terrible at that kind of precision flying. Wonder if I can build a crane...

Edit: I knew about the docking ports...just wondered if it involved flying a ship to undock and drop a new one.

There's always KAS... which I don't use. I might pick it up eventually, but I don't do much on the ground. I usually just land bases and leave them. I haven't needed to do anything with a base until I found out Fractal_UK planned for the nuke reactors to eventually run out of UF6... even with reprocessing. I'm actually kinda happy for it. Gave me yet another excuse to refine all of my ship designs. I'm one of those sickos that spend the vast majority of my time designing craft and not flying them. Never had a problem with docking, though... land or space.

~Steve

There's always KAS... which I don't use. I might pick it up eventually, but I don't do much on the ground. I usually just land bases and leave them. I haven't needed to do anything with a base until I found out Fractal_UK planned for the nuke reactors to eventually run out of UF6... even with reprocessing. I'm actually kinda happy for it. Gave me yet another excuse to refine all of my ship designs. I'm one of those sickos that spend the vast majority of my time designing craft and not flying them. Never had a problem with docking, though... land or space.

~Steve

I too, spend more time designing than anything else. My only problem with docking is patience. By the time I get to play the game, everyone around me has already exhausted my allotment for the day. So I end up pursuing a rendezvous or the actual docking itself too aggressively, maneuvering too soon and too hard...constantly overshooting the mark. Can't seem to help it most of the time.

I too, spend more time designing than anything else. My only problem with docking is patience. By the time I get to play the game, everyone around me has already exhausted my allotment for the day. So I end up pursuing a rendezvous or the actual docking itself too aggressively, maneuvering too soon and too hard...constantly overshooting the mark. Can't seem to help it most of the time.

For docking, I tend to use MechJeb. Not the autopilot, but the Smart ASS to keep the docking port of the target pointed in your direction. Makes life easier, because it basically just means that you need to advance, and stay straight, rather than needing to match axes, and sort from there.

Ground-docking would have a similar advantage, except that it's more difficult to make minor changes, as you need to hover.

No one forces you to upgrade... just wait until mods are compatible.

~Steve

Normally I would, but this update is so awesome that I'd be willing to play it without FAR if I had too. Now I just have to wait for it to hit Steam.

Ooh, nice fuel tank. :D

I'm little sick currently but finally started to do something.

Another variant of tanks. I also add some lights animation for assigning to emergency power switch(I have read about a new feature), or it just cosmetic.

ALV253r.jpg

http://www./?gw16a89ebxr6jcf

You spoil us zzz :) I hope you feel better soon :wink:

And boy do they(Squad) know how to wiggle a carrot in our faces lol

Edited by Donziboy2

I also add some lights animation for assigning to emergency power switch(I have read about a new feature), or it just cosmetic.http://www./?gw16a89ebxr6jcf
Oh man, if we could have the tank's normally green lights start flashing red during a possible power loss scenario. that would be excellent!

In fact this should be added to all parts. Any time a reactor/generator goes over 85% waste heat start flashing red (with a toggle to turn off visual warnings in case its intended).

Another variant of tanks. I also add some lights animation for assigning to emergency power switch(I have read about a new feature), or it just cosmetic.

ALV253r.jpg

As usual, beautiful work! What program do you use for texture painting? Do you do it in your 3d suite of choice or photoshop? Hope you feel better soon!

ALV253r.jpg

Such absolutely amazing work.

OoohOohoooohhh!! Do the nuclear reactors next!

Also, get well soon!

~Steve

EDIT:

zzz, I also just noticed you seem to have a problem with the AM collector texture - the ZKWS is flipped on the panel so it actually shows ZKMS.

Edited by NeoAcario

Uhm, this mod is not as "not OP" as Scott Manley said, i can launch a space station only containing a command pod, solarpanels, SAS modules and parts from this mod (focused on making it warp drive capable) and i can zoom across the solar system and land orbits around any planet, the "aiming straight at planet" tactic is just not doing it correct. I would love to go over how to correct that with you, Fractal_UK, if you would like.

Uhm, this mod is not as "not OP" as Scott Manley said, i can launch a space station only containing a command pod, solarpanels, SAS modules and parts from this mod (focused on making it warp drive capable) and i can zoom across the solar system and land orbits around any planet, the "aiming straight at planet" tactic is just not doing it correct. I would love to go over how to correct that with you, Fractal_UK, if you would like.
What exactly are you using to launch this into orbit? Not many of the engines in this game are launch capable without antimatter. I suppose if you are sitting around at 100,000x timewarp while a science lab generates antimatter for your first launch that is viable but its a really efficient and somewhat silly way to do it later on since all of your nuclear generators in other craft will be running down while you waste that time.

You can save some DV with creative use of the warp drive, true, though the power costs are pretty high.

Hi guys, I feel like a proper noob because i can't figure it all out.

Where do I get MegaJoules? (My generator, directly attached to a reactor only increases Electriccharge, no MJ)

Why does my science stations research stay at zero?

If someone has a guide which part belongs to what, that would be awesome :)

Edit: Ah, Scott Manley has one and I figured out what I was doing wrong.

Awesome mod!

Edited by Lucchese
question obsolete