[0.22] Universe Replacer v4.0

Tingle

I don't know. I used to do a lot of backcountry skiing. Up high and in cold air you really can see things like that. There is a definite glow to the entire sky. The view from aircraft isn't the same. They vibrate too much and you look all the little stuff. On a moonless night, 20* below zero, above 2000m, say 10km away from the nearest road ... it is a totally different sky. Then the ISS whips by like a fireball in comparison.

Having been up the Himalayas in Nagarkot, Nepal on a clear night, no, you can't see colours like that anywhere on earth. You can certainly see the Milky Way clearly, but then again that should be obvious, since we've been looking at it with that name for millennia (or indeed eons).

Also, the ISS moves quickly but this doesn't affect how space would look. The stars are too far away for our mediocre speeds to matter.

Please ignore my signature

Not everyone has signatures enabled, so yes, somewhat surprisingly and against common "knowledge", signatures aren't that great a place for advertising. On the other hand, advertising is probably why they are being ignored in the first place. Oh well...

EDIT:

I'm not talking about advertising as in "commercial ads" so much as in "making things known"

Edited by Corax

Not everyone has signatures enabled, so yes, somewhat surprisingly and against common "knowledge", signatures aren't that great a place for advertising. On the other hand, advertising is probably why they are being ignored in the first place. Oh well...

EDIT:

I'm not talking about advertising as in "commercial ads" so much as in "making things known"

Sadly I can't go around advertising this any other way (How would I even go about that? I can't make a new addon topic for a single file hack) And I asked mods to clarify whether this is OK to post at least in the first post of this topic with developers, but have heard not a word back yet. So until I do, I am not gonna shout it everywhere how to do this. If you search the forms for sunflare or sun-flare you will find my post (Given that this topic is the only one in modding Releases that talks about that at all). And that's as much as I can do for now ;)

Edited by eRe4s3r

Tingle, Is there a way (at all) to make the suits and helmets match up? (when using multiple suits and helmets)

No, I spent a lot of time trying to find a way, but it's not possible atm. Maybe in the future if the devs add a material reference to the Kerbal class.

Btw, if you guys creating textures want me to feature them on the front page, create a 'release-post' and link me to it with a 'pack-name' per PM.

Look at this if you need an example.

Edited by Tingle

Je pense que tu devrais laisser les gants en blanc et mettre en blanc également les "ailettes" du casque. Sinon excellent, je download direct :D

I think you should let the gloves in white and put the wings of the helmet in white too. Anyway, i love it and download directly. :D

How do I properly install the textures? I've put the .png files into the proper directory, but it doesn't show up in game. I'm trying to install the clouds and the first skybox in the list. Oh, and I'm also trying to install the Jool-piter.

How do I properly install the textures? I've put the .png files into the proper directory, but it doesn't show up in game. I'm trying to install the clouds and the first skybox in the list. Oh, and I'm also trying to install the Jool-piter.

Are you running any other plugins ?

And are you sure you put the textures into their respective folders?

Has anyone projected a map of a planet or moon onto the skybox yet?

Or the Cosmic microwave background radiation?

Planck_CMB_large.jpg

or this?

fig1.jpg

or these?

planck_all-sky_frequency_maps_node_full_image.jpg

Edited by Gus

Did you just keep trying until you got three different ones or did you come up with someway to specifically assign suits to kerbals?

Not trying needed. The game designates a costume depending on which Kerbal goes on EVA first. So the first to exit is given the commander outfit, the second is given a science outfit and the third is given the engineer outfit...

Link? Those look awesome!

They are still a work in progress, but if you still want to use them now, here it is: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/16683090/KSP/Threestooges.rar

Someone made a mod that turned some textures into mirror like surfaces. i wonder if someone could make a mirrored visor for all those UV rays out there.

Currently I don't think it's possible to change the visors, or at least I can't find the texture path listed in the mod.

Are you running any other plugins ?

And are you sure you put the textures into their respective folders?

The only other plugins I have installed are MechJeb, Hyper Edit, ISA Mapsat, and Mission Controller. And I'm fairly certain the textures are in the right place, though I suppose I could have messed something up. Here's what my directory looks like:

KSP_osx > Game Data > Universe Replacer > Textures > Planets > Kerbin > Kerbin1.png

That's only one of the directories, I have other similar ones such as Duna, Eve, Jool, and Laythe. I also have Dreamscape_V.2 in the same Universe Replacer folder alongside the Textures folder.