Bring back Gigantor Solar Panel attachment!

Rhyunix

I am not sure if it had a visible bubble, but it definately snapped into place at some point, and it doesn't really seem to do it anymore. it is indeed really frustrating to place these things on top of something.

I just when through my back catalog of old KSP versions, and can confirm that none of the solar panels had green stack attachment nodes in 0.18.0, 0.18.2, 0.19.1, or 0.20.1.
I did the same thing, but only looking at the part.cfg files directly. The attachment rules haven't changed since the part was introduced. However, the mass and output changed back and forth for some reason.

So I tried hacking the part.cfg, but couldn't get the node to actually attach. Any suggestions?

So I tried hacking the part.cfg, but couldn't get the node to actually attach. Any suggestions?

I got it to work. In the part.cfg add the line node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0 after the line node_attach , and change attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1 to attachRules = 1,1,1,0,1 .

I got it to work. In the part.cfg add the line node_stack_bottom = 0.0, 0.0, 0.0, 1.0, 0.0, 0.0 after the line node_attach , and change attachRules = 0,1,0,0,1 to attachRules = 1,1,1,0,1 .
Nice one! Could've sworn I did exactly the same thing, but obviously I missed something somewhere. You've fixed it. :cool:

Yeah but I don't remember anything from the suggestion board to actually be in the game.

that's because most things there are so outrageous or niche that they're impossible to implement either technically and/or economically.

Either that and/or they're already planned or rejected in the past (a large proportion of "suggestions" are from the "don't suggest" list after all).

• 8 months later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.