Your Flag Plaque Texts

Frederf

I say stuff like "Here, Jeb became the first Kerbal on Minmus. First words- 'Hey, I can jump REALLY high!'" Or "Here, Bob Kerman became first Kerbal on Duna. He immediately yelled "Suck it, Jeb!" but the reverberations in his helmet made his ears ring slightly."

My plaques are heavily inspired by the Space Core in Portal 2.

"I'm in space."

"So much space... gotta see it all!"

"What's your favorite thing about space? Mine is space."

"Space space wanna go to space yes please space. Space space. Go to space."

"Oh, play it cool. Play it cool. Here come the space cops. Help me space cops; space cops help.

"Better buy a telescope. Wanna see me? Buy a telescope. Gonna be in space."

"Orbit. Space orbit. In my spacesuit."

"SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCEEEE!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHAAAAWWWWW!!!"

• 1 year later...

Mun, Minmus and Ike Flags:

The 18th Hole

That's one hell of a shot, kid.

Holy ....!

Holy .... is Right.

We Made It!!

Landing Site of the Doomed Munar Mission, Icarus III.

The Valentina Curse

She made it here, will she make it Back? (No.)

The Sea of Jebility

Jebediah Kerman successfully and single-handedly piloted a ship from the Planet Kerbin to its moon, Mun. He landed here. Right Here. In this spot.

I wonder how much mass we could save by not having an unlimited dispensary of flags in the command pod. (Bobsy Kerman, 5th flag on Minimus biome-hopping mission)

We could probably save even more mass by not bringing the plaque engraving tools along with us. (Bobsy Kerman, 6th flag on Minimus biome-hopping mission)

This astonishing technical and scientific achievement is slightly damped by the fact that only the command pod survived. (Bill, Bob, and Lemming, first time on Duna)

How do you spell 'Minnimus' again? - (Unknown)

KSC Runway South -- 69 meters

"I'm a fully qualified Kerbalnaut, and I've spent the last week living in what amounts to a mobile home on the side of the runway with Donby, whose feet smell, and I mostly get to go out on the rover to replace the flags at the end of the runway after Jeb screws up a landing and knocks one over." -- Seanrim Kerman.

KSC Runway North -- 69 meters

"Someday, it'll be me knocking over the damn flags. Really, a whole month of runway duty? What did I DO?" -- Seanrim Kerman.

Island Runway Tower

"So Jeb says, 'Hey Sean, wanna take one of the jets out?' And I say 'YES! Sweet Lord, what do you want me to do?!?' Turns out they wanted me to fly out here and plant another flag. And to climb a bunch of stairs first this time. Small steps, Sean, small steps." -- Seanrim Kerman

I sent Valentina to the Mun in an only slightly experimental craft.. I mean, Jeb made sure it launched and could reach lko and had "theoretically" enough DV for a trip to the mun and back... however.. I may have over looked the landing part. Her plaque currently reads "Valentina Kerman bravely brought the Venture X-13 to the Muns surface not because it was easy, but because.. why not. We will forever mourn her sacrifice and extreme hardship and suffering as the life supp... Oh... she didn't know? Valentina! Disregard ANY AND ALL communication prior. We are devising a plan to *crackle spzzz* easy and and without all that suffering nonsense. Guys cut it! Cut the feed n"

On one of my trips to minmus I was having bill, jeb, and bob bounce around the biomes for the science. Around the second I statted leaving plaques that read things like "bill has exhausted his supply of snacks, and is starting to demand payments of snacks from the other crew to prevent 'small scale gaseous chemical warfare' what ever that means. Bob is refusing to pay" the next reads "bob continued to not pay bill his ransom, and so bill farted in the hab module and sealed the air lock. Bill has now been confined to his space suit and tied to the hull. Claims actions were 'worth it'" the next reads something like " having apologized, and due to his complaints about jeb "nearly crushing him" and "the heat from the engine," bill has been allowed to come back inside. Jeb notes in his log that even though bills suit "may be a little black on the edges" he was never in danger of being burned, cooked, or otherwise harmed. Bob insists either of those outcomes would have been prefered as bobs eye brows still haven't grown back. Bill notes that Bob never had eyebrows. They have been confined to seperate modules until further notice." The last reads "jeb had to land due to bill constantly asking "are we there yet" and has decided to turn around and come home."

I've been trying to create more creative flags. I threw together the Newton, a very basic science jet, in my science game save.

On the Newton's maiden voyage, piloted by Jerrhi Kerman (or something like that) I landed in the grasslands. Flag title read "Here lies Jerrhi Kerman. JK I landed a plane"

Then, coming in for a highlands landing, the Newton ran out of power (forgot batteries) right before touchdown, and it crashed. Jerrhi survived, and planted the flag "RIP Newton. For real this time."

Later, with new parts, built the Galileo, another science jet. Was meaning to put another kerbal in the seat, but Jebediah snuck onto the plane. Flew it to a desert on the KSC continent. Had a fairly hard landing, and lost the tailplane. Planted the flag, with the title "Jeb gets his just deserts!" (get it its funny because he got what he deserved by stealing the plane and getting stranded and its a pun cause hes in the desert hehehehehee)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.