Is there a song that seems to be a theme for your Kerbals...?

Fizwalker

For me, it a pretty decent mix, but the two best have to be: "Gaslamp Funworks" and "Call to Adventure"

http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/index.html?feels[]=Bright&feels[]=Epic&feels[]=Humorous

By Kevin MacLeod (the guy who made the KSP music, he is all-round awesome:http://incompetech.com/music/royalty-free/)

If I had to choose one, it would be the finale of the 1812 overture by Tchaikovsky.

Just imagine a two-hundred-some-part rocket blowing up into pieces at 3:05! Boom! Boom! Boom! After an unsuccessful launch, you don't say "Aww rabbits, another kerbal lost", you say "Hell yeah, that was AWESOME!!"

Leaving on a jet plane. I launched about fifteen rockets to construct a space station and develop a fleet of transporters and launchers for 0.23. In those fifteen or so launches, I have managed to strand four Kerbals; the first was my brave (scratch that, mostly reckless) Jebediah, stuck in an eccentric 70x280km orbit after gyroscope issue (read: pointed sepratrons prograde) testing a deorbiting system. I then tried to clip a 2.5m decoupler into two engines on cubic octagonal struts on my 2.5m crew bus, and launched the 'test flight' with three Kerbals onboard despite only selecting one. (what gives, devs?) The decoupling event in a 150x150 orbit inevitably but, to me at the time, surprisingly caused complete disassembly of my service module. What followed was one near-spent launch stage for the space station pushing Jeb's pod back to a deorbit, one heroic 10km rendezvous using a jetpack by Jeb (did I mention that Jeb was relaunched on the 3-man as soon as he was rescued from the 1-man?) and the recovery of the two inferior Kerbonauts by a mark-two version of the same 3-man. They all got back to Kerbin or the space station eventually.

So Tl;dr: My Kerbals leave their families on jet planes. I can give no guarantee when they'll be back again. I hope they packed a pretty substantial bag.

Richard Gale has made several tracks that I enjoy for deep space operations.

Lost in Space

Sunshine Theme (pretty amazing)

Dark Spanish Symphony Edit

There is Hope

Godfreys Lads Theme (gotta love landings in vacuum)

Launches have some more action and diversity.

FLYAMSAM - The Offbeat

鬼é¾ÂG@ã‚­LL - KLK OST (release preview)

For re-entry the ride of the valkyris comes to mind.

Or if the re-entry is especially daring (negative Pe crash course straight from Minmus with no fuel), O Fortuna.

I like to think both are sung happily by Jebediah in the command pod if he's along for the trip. Bill and Bob with their hands over where their ears are in their helmets and Jeb with his arms wide in ecstasy going "Ooooooo Fortuuuuuna ..." as all you can see through the window are orange flames.

A calm jazzy number for those layed-back low-Kerbin orbits :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.