[1.1]Hullcam VDS - mod adopted by linuxgamer

Albert VDS

Hi, I have an issue when deactivating a cam (NavCam). It does not seem to matter whether I am actually using it (looking through it) or not. The normal view is messed up. I was using an action for deactivating it so I thought Action Groups Extended was the issue but Diazo (the author) double checked and said that the error occurred in Hullcam VDS (see thread here: http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/74195-0-90-%28Jan31-15%29-Action-Groups-Extended-250-Action-Groups-in-flight-editing-Now-kOS-Support%21/page74).

It would be great if Hullcam could switch back to the normal view when deactivating a cam (when no others are active) or if there would be an action bindable to 'exit hullcam view'.

The AGX mod caught the exception - maybe its helpful:

[LOG 21:56:15.288] AGX RTQueue Fail&Recover 1 System.TypeLoadException: Could not load type 'System.Func`2' from assembly 'mscorlib, Version=4.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089'.
at MuMechModuleHullCamera.DeactivateCameraAction (.KSPActionParam ap) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at BaseAction.Invoke (.KSPActionParam param) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.ActivateActionGroupActivation (Int32 group, Boolean force, Boolean forceDir) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
at ActionGroupsExtended.AGXFlight.CheckRTQueue () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

EDIT: I did not see Agathorn report a few posts back. So this is merely a repost.

Cheers,

0level

Edited by 0level
Found post reporting very similar issues.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Also, the next update will have a wide angle cam, the same design as the scicam only it has a different lens.

Thank you! Brilliant! Perhaps this could be an option on all cameras when right clicking the part in the VAB or in flight? Would make more parts redundant.

I would love to see an option for rotating the viewport (roll) on cameras like the booster cam (in 5 degree increments or so). Also, this would make the 180 "spike" cam redundant. Would that be hard?

Edited by LostOblivion

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I realise that there RasterProp Monitor takes the images from the cameras, but is there a way to get the cameras from Hullcam VDS to show in a window like the Lazor mod (docking cam) or LazorCAM?

Thanks in advance. Peace.

I am sorry I must be retarded because I cannot understand why there needs to be a "activate" "deactivate" wouldn't a simple "Toggle" be better so I do not have to waste two action buttons?

Also I added two hullcams and had to burn 8 action group buttons cam1 - top activate - top deactive - bottom active - bottom deactivate, cam 2 - same four options. I assigned them in action groups extended as alpha 1-8. Then for some reason I get stuck in camera view and cannot get out to normal view so I can fly the ship???? I press deactive buttons and it just switches me to other view and even crashed the game a couple times??? I tried the backspace to return to normal view as well as the - and = buttons as described in the first post and nothing happens I am stuck in camera view. Running 0.33 in ksp 0.90

Any idea what I am doing wrong or instruction on how to properly set multiple hull cams up would be appreciated. Thanks.

I am sorry I must be retarded because I cannot understand why there needs to be a "activate" "deactivate" wouldn't a simple "Toggle" be better so I do not have to waste two action buttons?

Also I added two hullcams and had to burn 8 action group buttons cam1 - top activate - top deactive - bottom active - bottom deactivate, cam 2 - same four options. I assigned them in action groups extended as alpha 1-8. Then for some reason I get stuck in camera view and cannot get out to normal view so I can fly the ship???? I press deactive buttons and it just switches me to other view and even crashed the game a couple times??? I tried the backspace to return to normal view as well as the - and = buttons as described in the first post and nothing happens I am stuck in camera view. Running 0.33 in ksp 0.90

Any idea what I am doing wrong or instruction on how to properly set multiple hull cams up would be appreciated. Thanks.

Thanks for the toggle suggestion, that makes more sense.

The best way at the moment is to use the cycle keys "-" and "=".

• 3 weeks later...

Albert VDS: First off I love Hull cam. I used it to make a Flir ball under an Osprey that I built to have a gun cam that was linked to a BDArmory minigun using Infernal Robotics. Now my question is I modified the little tiny camera forgive me I cant think of the name. To use the module for the science cam. I wanted to use the better zoomable camera lens. and in the process I notice that the original mini cam had an overlay for a grainy low quality feel. I played around with changing the grainy overlay to a reticle to look like a gun cam and on the ground not moving it looked great. But when the craft started moving the overlay would shake like crazy defeating the whole idea. Is there another work around to have a stationary overlay to accomplish this?

I remembered: little tiny camera = Nav cam

Edited by V8jester

Albert VDS: First off I love Hull cam. I used it to make a Flir ball under an Osprey that I built to have a gun cam that was linked to a BDArmory minigun using Infernal Robotics. Now my question is I modified the little tiny camera forgive me I cant think of the name. To use the module for the science cam. I wanted to use the better zoomable camera lens. and in the process I notice that the original mini cam had an overlay for a grainy low quality feel. I played around with changing the grainy overlay to a reticle to look like a gun cam and on the ground not moving it looked great. But when the craft started moving the overlay would shake like crazy defeating the whole idea. Is there another work around to have a stationary overlay to accomplish this?

Ok after revisiting this I realized that I mistakenly re-sized the original overlay. Using the default 1024x1024 layout with my own custom reticle in the center I wound up with this, and it is perfectly stable.

screenshot22_zpsci5c0rc7.png~original

@Albert VDS, I wanted to let you know that I love, love, love this mod. And my wife loves controlling my hubble around and looking at the milky way, it's super awesome!

The only thing I've not been able to do is see remote planets, for some reason, when I zoom in they disappear. I know I've got them nailed, I've been using MechJeb to target, then doing a super controlled rcs to get them in field. And they zoom in for a while, you can tell because they don't pixelate like the skybox behind them, but when I zoom too far they just fade out and disappear. My worry is that this was a conflict between Distant Object Enhancement and Hullcam, so I tried disabling DOE but then I just don't see anything when I zoom in.

I suppose I could have been zooming in on the DOE object, but I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong; the objects from the intro video are so beautiful!

Oh, side note, the Moon looks awesome, but I wasn't able to zoom in nearly as far as in the video.

I'm using Realism Overhaul and Real Solar System, so that could be a huge part of it too.

Any thoughts? Or anything I can do to help diagnose?

Everything in the plugin does seem to work – I can access and zoom with the cameras and the NavCam's overlay works. I did see one Hullcam VDS-related exception in the log, but I'll have to post that later.

The only minor issue is that the two telescopes have stack attach nodes facing the wrong direction, meaning they can no longer be attached by normal means. I managed to work around that by clipping the telescope into a girder segment, using the Rotate gizmo to flip the telescope around, and then using the Offset gizmo to shift the girder inside the telescope.

Or I could just edit the configs. :rolleyes:

@Master Tao:Thanks for mentioning the attachment node problem.

Mod updated to 1.0:

V0.34 29-Apr-2014

- Compiled against 1.0

- Converted textures to DDS, mod size went from 30MB to 13MB

- Fixed attachment node for the telescopes Pictozoom 2000 and 1000