Kerbin City Community Project - Phase B - New Islands

nothke

And all I took away from that is it looks like bobcat is leading the way. So that will be another project to watch (through Google translate) also this one right here is looking great so far, keep up the good work, I'm as excited about build 2 as I am update 0.22...

You don't need google translate, i know what they are talking about. They want to build a baikonur replica in the western desert, with a baikonur-style launchpad for launching our soyuz rockets.

That'll be cool. Another thing I can link up with my railways. Eventually.

These are looking awesome! Clever use of textures!

HAHA I thought that anyone would presume "modeling" includes textures as well. It's like asking for coffee, and you don't get a cup xD I mean, it's not about modeling it's about making your own plot.

Yeah, what I was getting at was more that you don't need to perform any computer witchcraft to get them in there. Texturing is pretty learnable, especially if your object is mostly squares.

I agree about the military. One of my favourite craft is a military vessel, which I use for debris clearing and "resonance", but will never see active service.

Subway will be interesting. But with Devo's monorail, and my heavier system already underway, we could end up with three different systems . We'll see.

Edited by Tw1

Thanks! CGTextures has given my ideas for lots of stuff. I think I'll actually make the residential area bordered with New York Queens-Style apartment buildings on one side. Might throw in a modern high-rise as well.

Maybe after Kerbin City is big enough we could start building more cities around the planet? How about a city in the northern hemisphere as a replica of Plesetsk?

And Tw1, a giant bridge over the "Kerbraltar Strait" connecting Kafrica and the desert would be cool! Maybe even a railway system that spans the whole planet?

Maybe after Kerbin City is big enough we could start building more cities around the planet? How about a city in the northern hemisphere as a replica of Plesetsk?

And Tw1, a giant bridge over the "Kerbraltar Strait" connecting Kafrica and the desert would be cool! Maybe even a railway system that spans the whole planet?

I'd say yes to more cities, but my computer, and my desire to play this game without RAM overuse crashes says no...

Let's just make this one the best it can be.

On railways- I personally plan to build a line that runs from Kerbin City to KSC 2, via KSC itself.

That mod will be a modular system, I'm going to make track parts you can string together via kerbtown- you put together your own routes. A heap more info is available in this thread.

Still a lot of things to come, and I'm hoping the Kerbtown guy can implement the suggestion I made on his thread. It'd make it far more easy to make more than small sections of track at a time.

Edited by Tw1

Here's an apartment building I just finished making, what do you think of it? :

- snip -

Now that looks nice =) I remember I used the same brown texture for a social housing building for New Jersey.. xD

Here:

I'll have the same house but colored differently, as well as maybe two or three really posh mansions, all arranged with gardens, fences, roads between them, signs, benches, lamps, etc.

Most of these textures are from CGTextures, thanks to whoever spoke about it first. It really does help.

Might want to make your staircases ramps. If you look at the official buildings, they just texture ramps to look like staircases. I think with the modeled stairs, Kerbals would get stuck and have to jump up each stair. (Plus, less polys!)

What about that skyscraper I made? I could remodel it in Blender, downsize it a little, and we could put it on the plot?

It would look really nice on the waterfront, and it could have the Kerbin City logo on it. Or maybe Zokesia, if he really wants.

Edited by minerman30

What about that skyscraper I made? I could remodel it in Blender, downsize it a little, and we could put it on the plot?

It would look really nice on the waterfront, and it could have the Kerbin City logo on it. Or maybe Zokesia, if he really wants.

Minerman, what happened to your KIDI allegiance?!

Just a suggestion, but Nothke, i think you should collect some of the models that you at least plan on using, and implement them as a sort of beta/trial .2, i guess just something for people to play around with, since i know the wait for a completed version is killing me.

The skyscraper needs to be below 300 meters, as the masterplan says so. There is no Kerbin City logo.. It's a city. Do cities have logos? A seal yes, but you certainly aren't going to put it on a skyscraper.

BTW, another plot just arrived. =) This might slightly postpone build 2, but you'll have more fun afterwards =)

Could someone please put "Fitzpatrick Corp" on a building?

I would be very grateful, and if u can do that could u also put a landing pad on top so i could crash into FC headquarters trying to land a VTOL? :)

Another High-Detail-Building from me, a skyscraper with a mall in the 1. and 2. story!

Theres also a garden with great Aerobatics-potential and two large enforcing pillars to crash into! :cool:

eHjzymi.png

The Entry to the mall (the Doors are 3.5m wide)

7Jg5ohO.png

That orange block is a Kerbal and there's room for up to 16 Stores!

tXCjNwb.png

IF YOU WANT YOUR COMPANY TO HAVE A STORE INSIDE, TELL ME!

yeah, i like it!