[0.21] ICBM Launch Silo

Themorris

looks good nice idea, i liked it so much i gave it a go myself :D

What do you think ?

Hvl7fFV.gif

Thats the opening style I wanted to use for my SS-18 silo. Right now I work on the model for my SS-18.

The silocover of the Minuteman III silo opens similar to mine.

greetings

Themorris

So,

I think I will be starting to work on a new silo at the weekend, so this

3DIWfHg.png

will fit in :)

It's an soviet R-36M (NATO: SS-18).

But I think I will be able to texture the old silo today or tomorrow.

greetings

Themorris

Sweet! Does it come with a calculator for ballistic flight? I would be *very* interested in such a feature :D

I don't know much about creating modules, but I think I will take a look at this...

Maybe a modified version of mechjeb and a good autom8 script can help here, so you would just have to enter the coordinates...

But that's all far in the future.

I don't know much about creating modules, but I think I will take a look at this...

Maybe a modified version of mechjeb and a good autom8 script can help here, so you would just have to enter the coordinates...

But that's all far in the future.

Yeah, tried to ask that i n the Mechjeb thread, but it got ignored :mad:

Hope you succeed! :cool:

I have noticed a bug wherein after launching a rocket from the silo part highlighting and selection in the spaceplane hanger is broken. I have confirmed this issue to be caused by this mod so I have sadly been forced to uninstall it until a fix is out but please keep up the good work this is getting to be fantastic very quickly

Hi,

@Greys

You're totally right, I did find a hole between the hillsa few kilometers away from KSC, but all af the silo(exepct a bit of the custom grass pale) is above the ground

@LORDPrometheus

I will take a look at this, when I get home today and try to reproduce it

greetz

Themorris

Thats the opening style I wanted to use for my SS-18 silo. Right now I work on the model for my SS-18.

The silocover of the Minuteman III silo opens similar to mine.

greetings

Themorris

You can have the model if you want, i've decided not to bother building the rest of it

So,

I think I will be starting to work on a new silo at the weekend, so this

3DIWfHg.png

will fit in :)

It's an soviet R-36M (NATO: SS-18).

But I think I will be able to texture the old silo today or tomorrow.

greetings

Themorris

I love you! I wish I had the nerves to collect mods after every update...else I might wouldve played longer then 20 minutes since 0.20...

This is a dream object! Now only for a plugin that sets a flight trajectory like a real ICBM to a Target! North Kerbia has been threatening the world for to long! It's time for them to be Bombed back to the stone age! Now to install this and wait for tons of custom stuff to fill this silo to the brim!

My rockets always spawn under the ground and explode as soon as physics load... Any ideas how to fix this? I tried really small rockets (Mk1 pod, a tank, and an engine), but they still exploded! :(

Increase your terrain detail level in KSP Settings.

Now only for a plugin that sets a flight trajectory like a real ICBM to a Target!

There's a promising plugin on Spaceport, the "kOS Scriptable Autopilot".

This looks like a good start to script a ballistic guidance system. I already posted a comment to the author that it would be greatly appreciated, if he could open a thread here in the forum to discuss this very interesting plugin and the results that we can archieve with it.