• 13-16
    • 17-22
    • 23-27
    • 28-33
    • 34-40
    • 41-47
    • 48-55
    • 56+

I am 26, and I am actually sort of surprised there are as many 13-16 year olds playing as shown here. I figured most would be playing self-entitled games like CoD and crap, with the crowd here being much older(20+) considering it's a space sim and the general attitude I get from the forums. I mean go to a game like Minecraft and it's completely obvious on their forums the age demographic.

What is "CoD" and "Minecraft"? 10 here. 11 In the October thought.

I think there might be some problems with the age cutoffs producing erroneous patterns in the distribution, but not sure. That said, it almost looks a tad bit bimodal.

ADDIT: yeah, looking at it a bit more, there are some problems there. For the way the data are rendered on the site, your age categories really must be equal in size and they are not. You've got some with four years, some with five and some with six.

I would suggest the following:

12 and under

13-18

19-24

25-30

31-36

37-42

43-48

49-54

55-60

61 and over

I think it needs smaller age gaps, as in 2-4 years between. I think most people would be interested in the amount of younger players there are, especially less than 18. I think 12-15, 15-18, and so on.

I am 26, and I am actually sort of surprised there are as many 13-16 year olds playing as shown here. I figured most would be playing self-entitled games like CoD and crap, with the crowd here being much older(20+) considering it's a space sim and the general attitude I get from the forums. I mean go to a game like Minecraft and it's completely obvious on their forums the age demographic.

I was supriesed too but because of the kind mood in this forum.

I think it needs smaller age gaps, as in 2-4 years between. I think most people would be interested in the amount of younger players there are, especially less than 18. I think 12-15, 15-18, and so on.

Agreed, a more precise instrument would be even better. But lets take this in steps and try to get one that has even demarcations between our lines on the ruler first.

Agreed, a more precise instrument would be even better. But lets take this in steps and try to get one that has even demarcations between our lines on the ruler first.

Then why stop at 56? Clearly there are some here that are older than that. I would think opinions of people older than that would interest you.

Me, I clearly remember Apollo 11 and I'm 53. Ming and Uncle Mort probably have memories of Gemini or Mercury. Your cut off age should probably been around 80. That is unless you are only interested in the younger crowd. :)

then why is the cutoff the end of winter? :D

or are you just trying to confuse us southern hemisphere people?

I've totally forgot about the land down under. Sorry. :sticktongue:

I think there might be some problems with the age cutoffs producing erroneous patterns in the distribution, but not sure. That said, it almost looks a tad bit bimodal.

ADDIT: yeah, looking at it a bit more, there are some problems there. For the way the data are rendered on the site, your age categories really must be equal in size and they are not. You've got some with four years, some with five and some with six.

I would suggest the following:

12 and under

13-18

19-24

25-30

31-36

37-42

43-48

49-54

55-60

61 and over

The histogram is distorted, but my intentions were not to make a visually neat one, but to have some data. I've tried to create classes of age that are somewhat similar to some extent, and in the same time stretch the histogram where I expect most answers. Too bad it's only 10 options.

Gaussian distribution is kind of visible, but keep in mind we have two peaks. That speaks more about the community than about the census method.

I even thought of making a poll on another site, with one option for each year of age, but I wasn't interested in making 65 options. :0.0:

Then why stop at 56? Clearly there are some here that are older than that. I would think opinions of people older than that would interest you.

Me, I clearly remember Apollo 11 and I'm 53. Ming and Uncle Mort probably have memories of Gemini or Mercury. Your cut off age should probably been around 80. That is unless you are only interested in the younger crowd. :)

With only 10 options, you can't really please everyone. :)

Also, may I ask why everyone assumed they're smarter than other folk their age because they play KSP as opposed to CoD etc.?

I play CoD more than KSP, and I'm due for the Army Medical Corps next year, I wouldn't say I'm dumb.

Edited by Mercy

Also, may I ask why everyone assumed they're smarter than other folk their age because they play KSP as opposed to CoD?

I play CoD more than KSP, and I'm due for the Army Medical Corps next year, I wouldn't say I'm dumb.

well, i guess it's a kinda assumption (on the internet) that (most) CoD players don't have a life... it's not a rule, just an assumption. I guess. I personally know a lot of CoD players, they are very nice people.

Being my age, (25 mos old at the Apollo 11 landing), and seeing a definite waning of interest in aerospace by my, and later generations, its nice to see that the poll numbers so far show that ages 13-22 equal ALL the other age groups together. Hopefully KSP will help inspire a new generation of American advancement in space. Which I feel we have been lacking the past decade or more.

the problem with these threads is that the data they gather is not accurate. you also have to take into account that the older you get (or perhaps if you are very young) you will be more inclined to lie about your age, also it is probably the case that certain age groups are going to be more willing to vote in the poll at all

Being my age, (25 mos old at the Apollo 11 landing), and seeing a definite waning of interest in aerospace by my, and later generations, its nice to see that the poll numbers so far show that ages 13-22 equal ALL the other age groups together. Hopefully KSP will help inspire a new generation of American advancement in space. Which I feel we have been lacking the past decade or more.

This. Even though I'm not nearly as old as you, I really hope to see a major boom in American space exploration and technology.

Space is incredible. We need more of it in our lives.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.