Who Has Made it to Eeloo without Cheating?

Hey Guys, Just wanted To know who Has made It to Eeloo WITHOUT Cheating, Yep Turn Off that Debug menu, You Have to do it LEGIT. This Forum Is third discussion, third challenge, and third poll.

I made it to Eeloo (thanks to the nuclear engine), and Landed without the Debug menu (FYI, if you don't know what that is hit ALT and F12, and you will know what I am talking about :D). Alright The rules for the challenge are 1. NO CHEATING! 2. You must dock On the way 3. you must land, and get your kerbalnaughts home ALIVE. 4. take a screenshot with F1 while on Eeloo and Post it. Have Fun and remember, IT HAS TO BE LEGIT! :D. Also NO MODS!

Edited by TJMcCaust
A mistake during the Post's creation

About a half hour after 0.18.2 (when Eeloo was added) was released, I was like "I want to see the new planet!" So I threw together a rocket and landed a small probe there, it only took about 40 minutes.

7NPTIkd.png

On my first try, too! (It's rare that I get that lucky):D

Edited by RocketPilot573

1) There's a Challenges subforum.

2) Challenging someone to go to a planet is dumb.

3) If we only post a screenshot of our "kerbalnaught" on Eeloo, how can you tell if we went all the way there without cheats?

4) Getting to Eeloo isn't THAT hard. It's gravity is a little higher than the Mun's, so you don't need a special ship for the job. Make a challenge for the smallest tylo lander. That'll get people interested.

I've been there, it's not hard at all. You just need enough fuel and more efficient engine, like NERVA.

The worst part is waiting for the maneuver burns to finish. I think it took around half an hour. Other than that, it's fairly easy.

I never bothered to return my Kerbal home. He's waiting in his lander, freezing his balls during the night.

Come to think about all this, I really should save all those poor Kerbals I've scattered across the system. That would be a cool project.

1) There's a Challenges subforum....

Tch. The man's post count is four. Odds are he is quite new to the game. He's probably still in the thrall of the awe of the possibilities of this game. Remember when you felt that? When you realized there were entire worlds out there for you to build things to get to them, and to crash there? He's still basking in that. Ease up, brother, and I'll loan you my slack-cutter.

easy.

Q8yKlj3.jpg

n5sNaFo.jpg

Now manned would be a little harder... but not much. The launcher I used for that was the same one I used for everything really... I tend to over build things... for manned I'd just change the upper portion to the larger fuel tanks and that'd be about it.

ETA: didn't do the challenge. just responded to the thread title.

Edited by FITorion

Got there last week when a launch window presented itself as I was sending probes to the Jool system.

yS9GKN9.jpg

Nova Punch mods were used but my stock Nova design would have made it with fuel to spare especial the one using the LV-N and drop tanks.

NTmR3q5.jpg

"There goes my Eeeloo, watch it as it goes"

1024x576.resizedimage

This is the lander after visiting the surface in its final rendez-vous with the transfer stage. It carries only one "Kerbalnaughty" and has made it easily back home.

Cheers

Whackjob, I saw your post, People I am not new I have had this game for 4 months and have landed on the mun, eeloo, duna,layth, tylo, eve, moho as well as dres. Clearly I am not new, I know my KSP like the back of my hand. I will post a photo to prove it.

I got a kerbal and a rover to eeloo and got the kerbal home. Totally stock with absolutely no modes and no cheating. It was my first mission out of kerbin space (first landing other than the mun). Lets just say I had overbuilt my mun lander so much that it easily made the transit to eeloo and back. However I did fail at one part as I never bothered with doing a docking as it wasn't required. I was very lucky early in my space program to develop a lifter that could put a 150 tonne load in LKO consistently.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.