What will YOU do with the science bay?

Rage097

It's a career mode item. when activated you will get research points for letting it perform experiments in an area, These points will unlock new parts and such. Paired with antennae, You can send the data back without having to return the bay back to Kerbin. This makes moronic, silly and sacrificial endeavures productive!

In the name of science of course.

Fling them everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. If I get research points for returning data, then I'll LEAVE THEM THERE AS WELL.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. I will be swimming in research points. I will attach them to even my munar resupply vessels to squeeze some data out of it.

It would be cool if the module had a camera on it, so you don't have to bother with the screenshots. It could just take photos, automatically, or manually.

What if you don't want your screenshots folder constantly being added to mysteriously? And manually is basically exactly the same as it is with some camera positioning.

I suspect that science will be done and I'll make a neat gun for the Kerbals who are still alive.

I'm surprised it took till the 7th post for a portal reference to sneak in, what with the title begging for it so hard.

As far as the OP, I'm of course going to science at things. All over the place. It'll make a huge mess and I'll be ashamed.

Hm...truth be told i don't think I really care for career mode all that much. It's cool and all, but what's the wonderment in unlocking parts you've been using for years? Sry to poop on the party lol. Id just rather see other features being worked on instead. Ah well its early yet. I'm sure .22 will have much more in store for us other then the science/R&D package ( I hope ).

Thing is.. i saw in the preview that there's A LOT of research nodes. What will all these nodes do besides unlocking parts?

Edited by Motokid600

Fling them everywhere. Absolutely everywhere. If I get research points for returning data, then I'll LEAVE THEM THERE AS WELL.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing. I will be swimming in research points. I will attach them to even my munar resupply vessels to squeeze some data out of it.

Pretty much this, day two and people will find the sweet spots for the science points. Pretty exited how it works out.

Wonder if it can be reused, kind of putting it on my grand tour craft should give some serious return.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.