What will YOU do with the science bay?

Rage097

(we'd better stop this now...)

The only way to stop it is to stretch it out to its illogical conclusion and kill it. I'll take care of it.

This was a triumph.

I'm making a note here: HUGE SUCCESS.

It's hard to overstate my satisfaction.

Kerbal Rocket Science!

We launch what we must

because we can.

For the good of all of us.

Except the ones who are dead.

But there's no sense crying over every last crash.

You just keep on flying till you run out of snacks.

And the rocket gets built.

And you throw on lander stilts.

For the Kerbals who want to land alive!

I'm not even angry.

I'm being so sincere right now.

Even though you wrecked my lander.

And almost killed me.

And tore my lander to pieces!

And threw every piece into a hole.

As they fell it hurt because I was so happy for you!

Now these docked fuel tanks make a beautiful line.

And we're still in beta.

We'll release sometime.

So I'm GLaD you crashed and burned.

Think of all the things we learned

for the Kerbals who are still alive!

Go ahead and undock me.

I think I prefer to stay inside.

Maybe you'll find someone else to land with you.

Maybe Bill Kerman?

THAT WAS A JOKE.

HAHA. FAT CHANCE.

Anyway, my view here is great.

Mulling over my galactic fate

Look at me still talking

when there's Science to do.

When I look out there, it makes me GLaD I'm not you.

I've got landers to send on.

There's more research to be done.

On the Kerbals who are still alive!

Probably could have been done better, but I'm doing it a moment at a time from the office.

Science will be done, unless of course we replace the current science bay with an Intelligence Dampening Sphere that then goes corrupt and turns the old one into a potato, and we get thrown down a mohole.

Or maybe we get a science bay that screams 'SPACE!' every time we go into orbit.

Too far?

But seriously, it will add a whole new aspect to every mission, and long-term interplanetary missions will become just so much more interesting, not that they aren't already :P

Science will be done, unless of course we replace the current science bay with an Intelligence Dampening Sphere that then goes corrupt and turns the old one into a potato, and we get thrown down a mohole.

Or maybe we get a science bay that screams 'SPACE!' every time we go into orbit.

Too far?

But seriously, it will add a whole new aspect to every mission, and long-term interplanetary missions will become just so much more interesting, not that they aren't already :P

Now that you mention it, such things could most definitely be done with a .cfg edit, or, if the module automatically plays a sound when activated (unrealistic due to the fact that there is no sound in space) you can just get your source file for Space Core and rename it and reformat it to match the original one.

I don't know why this is a thread...do you see one called "What will you do with the MK-1 Capsule?" It's not like it has thousands of uses.

This is just silly. Would it have been a valid question to ask "Where will you send the Mk-1 Capsule first?".

Exactly. It's a perfectly valid question, just as is TC's question. Just because the part may only have 1 (or a few) physical functions it performs, players will none the less come up with creative ways of using it/them, just as they have with every other part in KSP.

As for what I will be doing with the science bay... I have a feeling I am going to be spending most of my time making sure Jeb hasn't decided to stow away in the science module and then highjack the mission once they get in orbit. Or perhaps he wants to take part in the radiation exposure tests. You know, because he's Jeb and for whatever reason that makes perfect sense for something he would do.

Okay, first, I'm going to de-orbit my "Research" space stations around Kerbin, send a crap load of probes into space with the science modules, and redo my research space stations. Of course, all of my data would go into a SECRET science lab located in a bought salt mine that is being controlled by a homicidal AI.

Jool is a gas giant. -snip-

Please refrain from using foul words mister! Otherwise there will be consequences! BEWARE OF THE MOD, FOR HE IS THE ONE WHO PROTECTS US ALL FROM HARM!

Edited by AntonioAJC

It will send back data using antennae? So... are we talking speed of light or instantaneous transmission?

They haven't said but considering we can control ships in real time no matter where they are, I don't think there is a speed of light in the Kerbin Universe. Or, its so fast that round trip transmissions to Eeloo are effectively instantaneous.

Hm...truth be told i don't think I really care for career mode all that much. It's cool and all, but what's the wonderment in unlocking parts you've been using for years? Sry to poop on the party lol. Id just rather see other features being worked on instead. Ah well its early yet. I'm sure .22 will have much more in store for us other then the science/R&D package ( I hope ).

Thing is.. i saw in the preview that there's A LOT of research nodes. What will all these nodes do besides unlocking parts?

I'm hoping those nodes are for unlocking parts we've not seen yet. One nice thing about keeping my installation as Vanilla as possible is that when they come out with new parts, those parts are actually new for me :)

And I for one bought the game on the promises of career mode. I am constantly getting bored in sandbox mode because I need something in the game telling me what to do and giving me a reward for it.

Not sure about the science bay, it looks great for simple landers, but I don't tend to make those much any more. I'm more interested in the radial things - they look easier to add to rovers.

I hope for a smaller, radially attachable bay as well.

Plus, that would be easier to stick on with KAS's attach feature.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.