[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

It's cool mate, it's done, for part like this, you have to set emissivebumpspec for shader, and put Specific setting, however, it depend of part, it may be 001, or 002 etc, and you'll get back all lights.

Then, like chaoko says, it will be a good idea if we have another layer for "scratch" effect. but yep, it need to work on all part. I'm working on several part actually, with mods of course.

B9 aerospace, Novapunch, KWrocketry and firespitter parts are almost done.

If the autor agreed with this, i can share all the paint map with you, and the kerbpaint.cfg file which come with. It's not perfect but it give you the option to recolore all your part.

Ah HA! I found the solution to the emissive situation. Woke up this morning with enough energy to sift through the entire thread. Whew!

I know that a 0.24.2 version of kerbpaint is being requested already, but I want to state a bug that really sucks. When I paint wings and go to fly, only the wing that I pressed p on is painted and the other one is normal (not painted). Then I have to press p on the other wing and paint that one, now they are both colored, but if I want to paint my military car with something like 200 parts, I don't want to press p on every single part to paint it. Please someone fix this

Thanks Manwith, we're always happy to see people helping out. I would suggest creating a new thread for your addons like I'm going to with a link back to here. I've had no time to work on this due to a move so its nice to see someone made progress, and that nothing broke with the .24 update. Did you do all of the SPP parts? Are you interested in providing support for more mods? If you do start another thread, remember to include links to each of the mods you have created a compatibility patch for.

I know the feeling, been having some first world problems myself (Changing ISP has been a nightmare, no internet for over 2 weeks so I am hijacking a friends and got heat issues with my laptop due to age I think).

I had considered starting a dedicated thread titled, Kerbpaint Repository for Addons Project, AKA, K.R.A.P. Sue me for my sense of humour ;) The idea would be that people could post which addons they would like covered and those working on them would be able to tell everyone so that the workload would get spread out. All completed projects would get added to the opening post so people would not have to trawl the entire thread.

To answer your question, yes, all of the Spaceplane Plus 1.3 parts are paintable with that pack. I had started to work on KAX part before my temp issues became serious enough for me to stop loading intensive graphical programs. Not sure my lappy will like longterm exposure to 100C.

Also to note, the SP+ pack has been updated to V1.1 so as to restore cabin light functionality. Thanks to Gaalidas for pointing that out.

How very vague of you.

As to the question about how to paint those parts, you need to get the update package as well as the base mod. We really need to start a new thread with the base mod and the upgrades all in one place.

I wish there were a way to paint a pre built model easier, I have pre built models that I want to paint, yet in order to paint them you have to select it which requires clicking it, and if I click it, it moves out of place, and my models are hard to put things back in place, can someone help?

Actually, you can do it without clicking. All you need to do it hover over the part and then press P and the window will over, or if the window is already open it will start to affect the new part that was hovered over.

I suggest doing this in the action grouping editor so you don't screw things up when you click in the color window. It does not have click-through protection.

What I'd still like is a way to make the coloring iterate through attached parts down the hierarchy. That way you could set a base color for all parts from the parent part downward, then customize each part if need be.

Hello to all. Just starting to work with this mod and am wondering if there is a 'master .cfg' location for different mods? I have found a few, PF, PW and SP+, but i am guessing that there are more out there to be found and not recreated.

Thanks for any help.

Cheers.

All of my rep to anyone who can hack together a solution to allow Kerbpainting of the small gear bays, BTW. Those things are seriously messing with the aesthetics of my raceplanes.

I actually did this at the time of creating the SP+ configs but did not upload them because I was unsure of how to check for permission to share them. Texel wrote something that for me was a little vague on whether we needed to seek permission from Squad. Given that this game is designed to be modded and these shader maps do not really contain any of the original textures, though they are derived from them, I have uploaded them.

Stock Gear Bay

If anyone from Squad or the mods here think that further permission is required feel free to edit this post and remove the link.

As for the SP+ pack, hopefully most people are aware this is going to get integrated as part of the stock game (the SP+ mod that is, not KerbPaint and the shader maps). When this happens I will look into checking it still works.

To anyone asking about creating shader maps for mods if you browse the pics in the opening post you will find descriptions of what is required. It's not difficult, though it can be time consuming if you are not familiar with graphics packages such as GIMP or Photoshop.

I think that's one of the stock adaptors. The Spaceplane Plus ones should work.

Yes, it is stock; I've been designing a line of stock-only planes for a tutorial.

Regardless, thanks heaps for the mod. Kerbpaint is near the top of my "why the hell isn't this in the stock game already?" list.

Regardless, thanks heaps for the mod. Kerbpaint is near the top of my "why the hell isn't this in the stock game already?" list.

Just to be clear, I did not make the KerbPaint mod, that is far beyond my knowledge of being able to do. What I did was knock together some .png files and a config that can be read by the mod so some other parts can be painted.

Just to be clear, I did not make the KerbPaint mod, that is far beyond my knowledge of being able to do. What I did was knock together some .png files and a config that can be read by the mod so some other parts can be painted.

Kudos regardless. :)

You've enhanced the cool factor of my SP+ planes substantially.

Yay! Thankyou. :D

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/craigmotbey/Kerbal/screenshot21_zps88726490.jpg

While you're feeling helpful, though, there is one more leeetle problem...

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah120/craigmotbey/Kerbal/screenshot22_zps668eab72.jpg

Mk1 -> Mk2 stock adaptors. Colouring 'em only gives you a hint of shading along the back edge. Something amiss somewhere?

You forgot this I think page30

Edited by Spartwo

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.