[1.0] KerbPaint - Paint layering for parts (March 30th, 2016) Community Update

Texel

Would it be possible to paint the flag decals onto parts? The latest update added flag decals onto some parts, but I think that's something baked into the model itself, because just adding the flag module to part configs doesn't do anything.

Praise the suuun: I wish i could help you, but I'm not a programmer. I would suggest that you start a thread here. They will most likely be able to help you more as they regularly talk about retexturing projects. You could also try and get ahold of SWDennis and see if he had similar problems making his parts. It could be you need some special settings in the config. Have you tried your modded parts with one of the shader mods that changes how KSP's lighting system works? If they work under those conditions you know it is an issue with the stock shaders. Also, all of the parts seem to be either light or dark, did you get any of the panels that were between shades? I hope something in this rambling helps you, and I say your best bet is to ask the guys in the texturing area if they have thoughts on this.

MegaLODEN 720: Nice ship,love the colors. Any chance we can get a few different angles on that?

Quick question: how would I get KerbPaint to be used on stuff it's not already used on, like structural panels? I notice the module is laid out like so:

@PART[stackSeparatorBig]
{
MODULE
{
name = ModulePaintable
Texture = stackSeparatorBig_Paint
Shader = BumpSpec
}
}

But it is different for almost every part it's used on - some use a Diffuse shader and all use their own texture. Help?

There is a generic texture in there somewhere. I think it's called "BaseAll_Paint" which is simply a primary color square that can be applied to any object without a specific texture. It won't respond to secondary or tertiary color settings, and may not look all that great on all parts, but it'll do the job. As for shader type, you'll just have to hope for the best and set up specific overrides if you discover a problem.

So I'm trying to get Procedural Parts (formally procedural fuel tanks) to work. The former version use to work stock, but now it doesn't. I've tried a few different settings but no dice. I'm also trying to get these forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/61040-0-23-6S-Service-Compartment-Tubes-Design-smooth%21 to work with no result. The parts with animation on them seem like an endless pain in the arse.

I suppose part of the problem is I'm just stabbing in the dark. Trying different combos till maybe I stumble across something. I have the different settings I can change but I have only guesses to what they effect. Take the "specific" setting, what is that actually referring to? Specific geometry? Is there any insights you have to hunting down that setting that actually works?

Edited by Sentmassen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This is the best mod ever!

Is there a way to make custom patterns?

Also is there a way to paint the whole craft or erase the paint on the whole craft at once.

If not this would be really useful!

I don't think this is compatible with .23. Many of the parts that should be paintable aren't. I uninstalled Universe Replacer and it still doesn't work.

This is because not all the parts have been configured in. This mod works in a way that should make the version irrelevant. Read the first page and it will describe what it takes to add parts into the fold. Also many of the parts have been adapted by posters, you just have to read through the past pages of the forum.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.