[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

It's fairly easy to attach from tank to engine, it's what I've done forever. Angle snap helps alot.

http://puu.sh/6jHgW.jpg

KJR is also a good alternative too though.

I meant that you can't place a part directly on an engine, and you can't start a strut connector on an engine, although you can place a strut connector endpoint on an engine. The reason that I use cubic octagonal struts for mounting is, that it is easier to make the strut connect that way.

I've done it the way Kyle is talking about for months as well with no issue. I use 4-way symmetry, start the connection on the tank, then connect it to the engine near the top. It will connect, but sometimes it takes a little finesse.

what can I do if KW causes memory crashes?

I use:

B9 + Texture reducer

Deadly rentry

Interstellar

Alarm Clock

ScanSat

Kethane

Procedual Fairings

Prcdeudal Dynamics

Mechjeb2

Shuttle Engines

I've tested KW with its reducer put the Game Crashes some times if KW is installed

what can I do if KW causes memory crashes?

I use:

B9 + Texture reducer

Deadly rentry

Interstellar

Alarm Clock

ScanSat

Kethane

Procedual Fairings

Prcdeudal Dynamics

Mechjeb2

Shuttle Engines

I've tested KW with its reducer put the Game Crashes some times if KW is installed

Are you sure it's KW causing the crashes? Under what circumstances is it crashing? How much memory do you have?

Do you really need Procedural Fairings if you're using KW?

Also, I've had serious issues with ISA MapSat, so perhaps something similar is happening with ScanSat?

Scan Sat is pretty stable and much more forgiving on your system than ISA Mapsat. I guess it is not directly KW rocketry causing the crash but he is on the edge of memory so he crashes. It would probably happen too if I he would install any other intensive part mod like for example NovaPunch.. But you can always delete parts from KW rocketry and b9 that you won't use. And most importantly use the active memory reduction mod by rbray

I think it causes the crash (just back to desktop):

after installing KW and using no parts of it on my spacecraft (playing career mode).

following happens: after reentry and wating for landing with chutes game crashes a few secs after or before groundcontact.

then I removed KW and it works fine.

the error.log says:

D:\steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program\KSP.exe, run by ******.

37% memory in use.

0 MB physical memory [0 MB free].

0 MB paging file [0 MB free].

0 MB user address space [153 MB free].

Write to location 00238000 caused an access violation.

I have 16 GB of ram (KSP is a 32 bit software (it can only use 4))

edit:

i'll test the memory reduction mod

I think it causes the crash (just back to desktop):

after installing KW and using no parts of it on my spacecraft (playing career mode).

following happens: after reentry and wating for landing with chutes game crashes a few secs after or before groundcontact.

then I removed KW and it works fine.

the error.log says:

I have 16 GB of ram (KSP is a 32 bit software (it can only use 4))

edit:

i'll test the memory reduction mod

It sounds to me like you're close enough to the memory limit that usage fluctuations more to the extreme side are enough to cause KSP to crash. It's always been a case of the straw that broke the camels back with KSP and memory. If you're still having problems you could always go through your mods and start deleting parts you don't use.

Belgarion: uh, wut? They *are* sized just like many Squad parts: 1m/2m/3m, and using rescaleFactor to bring them up to 1.25/2.5/etc.

Remember that when using MODEL nodes rescaleFactor is applied twice* so that's why they're 0.8, 0.8, 0.8 scale in the MODEL node.

*except for root parts on revert.

Please try looking into it before angrily accusing someone of not doing something they are in fact doing.

this is the only addon so far that I cannot use to weld parts together! this bug is also posted in the welding topic where it is explained that this mod does not use normal sizes for the parts!

I simply stated that it would be nice if that got fixed. interstellar mod parts/ space-plane mod parts for instance work fine with welding mod.

don't mess with rescaleFactor and scale (the one outside MODEL{})

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Engines/3mGriffonXX/KW_3mEngine_GriffonXX_M
scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
}
scale = 1.0

MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWDecouplerShroud/KW_Auto_3mGriffonShroud
scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
}

What you need to modify is the scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8 inside both MODEL {}.

I'm not an expert, but I'd try setting them all to 0.533 and see if it works

don't mess with rescaleFactor and scale (the one outside MODEL{})

// --- asset parameters ---
MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Engines/3mGriffonXX/KW_3mEngine_GriffonXX_M
scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
}
scale = 1.0

MODEL
{
model = KWRocketry/Parts/Structural/KWDecouplerShroud/KW_Auto_3mGriffonShroud
scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8
}

What you need to modify is the scale = 0.8, 0.8, 0.8 inside both MODEL {}.

I'm not an expert, but I'd try setting them all to 0.533 and see if it works

Setting the scale to 0.533 worked but the attachment nodes don't change scale to the new part size.

Here's a screen

x9wUOBb.jpg

It scales the node parameters (and *perhaps* also the fx offsets? Dunno. Let's hope so.)

Think of it this way:

rescaleFactor scales everything

scale inside MODEL node scales everything in mu but nothing in cfg

scale outside MODEL scales everything in cfg but nothing in mu

BelgarionNL: sounds like a bug in UbioZur's tool then, if it's not properly reading transforms?

How do you use the antenna?

So if I launch 2 satellites they can communicate with each other and KSC using just one omni on each sat correct?

If I put 3 sats in a geostationary orbit around Kerbin, how many antenna and of what type does each sat need?

I guess 1 large omni so the sats can comm with the adjacent sat (hopefully that's <2.5 Mm). 1 of the 25-degree cone antenna for communication with Kerbin or my probe on it's way to the Mun. So does that mean the probe also has to have a 25-degree cone antenna on it as well for bi-directional com? And if my sat in geostationary orbit directly over KSC (the sat that is always in com with KSC), what happens if my probe heading to the Mun has passed the omni range of 2.5Mm of that sat, I can't use the 25-degree cone antenna cause it's pointing at KSC, so do you select another sat from the network at that point? And my last question, if I select my Mun probe to connect to the 25-degree cone antenna, will that sat auto rotate using RCS or the inbuilt SAS to connect to my probe or does that antenna rotate?

Thanks for any help, my name is confused.

How do you use the antenna?

So if I launch 2 satellites they can communicate with each other and KSC using just one omni on each sat correct?

If I put 3 sats in a geostationary orbit around Kerbin, how many antenna and of what type does each sat need?

I guess 1 large omni so the sats can comm with the adjacent sat (hopefully that's <2.5 Mm). 1 of the 25-degree cone antenna for communication with Kerbin or my probe on it's way to the Mun. So does that mean the probe also has to have a 25-degree cone antenna on it as well for bi-directional com? And if my sat in geostationary orbit directly over KSC (the sat that is always in com with KSC), what happens if my probe heading to the Mun has passed the omni range of 2.5Mm of that sat, I can't use the 25-degree cone antenna cause it's pointing at KSC, so do you select another sat from the network at that point? And my last question, if I select my Mun probe to connect to the 25-degree cone antenna, will that sat auto rotate using RCS or the inbuilt SAS to connect to my probe or does that antenna rotate?

I think you're on the wrong thread. :)

I think you're the guy to which i replied "KW has antennas?" on the KSPTV chat.

Saw your thanks message, seems my question answered something.

I think you're on the wrong thread. :)

Which thread does this belond?

I think you're the guy to which i replied "KW has antennas?" on the KSPTV chat.

Saw your thanks message, seems my question answered something.

Aye mate! You helped me narrow down the search, thanks. Still haven't found all of the answers yet, but that's where testing comes in. This games' difficult in that there's not many people that play it with all of these mods, not a lot of documentation on doing things online, and not a lot of straight answers either. But I guess that's why they call it space exploration.

Which thread does this belond?

Hard to say. Your question was, "How do you use the antenna?" Since there are no antennae in this mod, I can say with certainty that the question doesn't belong in this thread, but without knowing more about what antenna you're asking about, it's hard to tell which thread would be the right one.

Encountered some weird thing with 3,75-2,5 m docking port.

6x9YIRc.png

Obviously, you see what I mean. This is my Mun science\refuel station with all kinds of docking ports. There was a vessel with 2,5m stock port docked to 3.75m port - it was OK. I've undocked it, docked current vessel (3,75m port) - it was OK until I loaded this particular station again.

It's just a visual bug, the port itself is working fine.

Mods list:

AIES

Texture Compressor

DMagic science parts

KAS

Procedural Fairings

Kerbal Joint Reinforcement

KSPX

KW Rocketry

LTech science parts

Kerbal Dust Experiment

MechJeb

Near Future Propulsion Pack

Octagon Corp parts

NovaPunch

PandaJager science parts

PorkWorks Habitat Pack

RLA Stockalike

Romfarer's Lazor

SCANSat

ScoopOMatic science parts

TAC Fuel Balancer

TarsierSpaceTech science parts (yeah, I love mods that add new ways to do science)

All mods is updated to latest versions.