[1.02] KW Rocketry v2.7 Available - 1.02 Compatibility! - 16/05/2015

Kickasskyle

HA!

We have just released v2.6.

Cursefire / MEGA downloads are up in the OP., others to come at a later date.

Here's a quick glance at the changelog:

Updated to v2.6
-Added:
- 5m Fairings, nosecones and interstage shrouds.
- 5m Fuel tanks at L0.5, L1.5, L3.5 sizes.
- Griffon Century added, a 5m heavy lifting engine.
- Titan V added, a mid-powered heavy upper stage engine.
- Globe X-10L & X-10S Inline 2m solid rocket boosters.
- 5m ASAS.
- Various extra adapters.
- Animated 3x2m petal adapter shroud for landers.
- Larger seperation engine.
- All fuel tanks remodelled and retextured, 0.5L sizes added to 1-3m.

-Revised:
- All fuel tanks remodelled and retextured to reduce memory footprint.
- Fairing textures combined to reduce memory footprint.
- Existing engines have been converted to the new FX system and utilise various new stock FX.
- Specular maps have been drastically improved on the majority of parts adding alot more visual depth.
- Flag decals added to all the longest tanks and the new Globe X-10 series.
- SPS is now fuelled by monopropellant.
- Sound effect tweaks.

-Balance
- All prices reworked to be more inline with stock.
- Research reworked to be more inline with stock requirements.
- Minor retweaks to existing engines, srbs and fuel tanks. 1m Vesta engine rebalanced to be more inline with balanced progression.
- Power response added to engines relative to their role or size. eg. GriffonXX has a relatively slow throttle up time due to it being a large stage 1 lifting engine.

-Misc
-Textures and sounds moved/combined to reduce memory footprint, where possible.
-Added an extra top node to the majority of engines, this extra node allows for manual shrouds/adaptershrouds to be placed without triggering the automatic shrouds.

Well don't I feel like a part of the body that might be considered by the moderators prohibited language.

HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP

I didn't even think this mod was getting updated anymore! HOLY CRAP man its like .24 hype all over again. EEEEEK

Immediate download from me.

Brilliant as always. Just one question, what does installing the alternative "instant power response" configs actually do?

As far as I can tell, without it, they behave similar to jet engines as in they have a spool up and down time. EDIT from the changelog: "Power response added to engines relative to their role or size. eg. GriffonXX has a relatively slow throttle up time due to it being a large stage 1 lifting engine." EDIT #2: lol, ninja'd Winston :P EDIT #3: I listened to sound_liq8, the file used by the 5m Griffon and sweet jeebus, I came again.. yeah, I'm keeping that engine without the instant power.

Edited by ObsessedWithKSP

Brilliant as always. Just one question, what does installing the alternative "instant power response" configs actually do?

"- Power response added to engines relative to their role or size. eg. GriffonXX has a relatively slow throttle up time due to it being a large stage 1 lifting engine."

Installing what you mentioned simply means the responses will be instant like stock engines (and my Griffon Century ignition sound effect won't match very well at all)

damnit you

Edited by Winston

Would it be possible to make a stock alike texture pack for 5m parts? I don't particularly like the art style of KW rocketry compared to Stock KSP. It's too realistic for the goofy game. However, I do REALLY like the models of the 5m parts.

As far as I can tell, without it, they behave similar to jet engines as in they have a spool up and down time. EDIT from the changelog: "Power response added to engines relative to their role or size. eg. GriffonXX has a relatively slow throttle up time due to it being a large stage 1 lifting engine." EDIT #2: lol, ninja'd Winston :P EDIT #3: I listened to sound_liq8, the file used by the 5m Griffon and sweet jeebus, I came again.. yeah, I'm keeping that engine without the instant power.

Holy crap.. you aint kidding the sound of the engine is super !

Theres a few bugs with this, at least in x64 and possibly with FAR/DREC installed on top of it.

Using any other tanks with this (I've only used stock and FASA tanks) makes those tanks go invisible partway through the flight. I'm also unable to interact with them.

All of the engines have their exhaust effects constantly on.

The 3.75m tanks aren't sized correctly. They appear as 2.5m tanks but the nodes are set for 3.75m tanks. The collision also works this way. I've also found that the nosecones are also incorrectly sized, though without the offset nodes.

- And before its said, yes this was with a clean install.

Edited by G'th

"We're not worthy! We're not worthy!"

We'll done! Gorgeous as always, but your sound effects just sound like the fabric of reality cracking open when you light these bad boys up! So awesome.

Theres a few bugs with this' date=' at least in x64 and possibly with FAR/DREC installed on top of it.

Using any other tanks with this (I've only used stock and FASA tanks) makes those tanks go invisible partway through the flight. I'm also unable to interact with them.

All of the engines have their exhaust effects constantly on.

The 3.75m tanks aren't sized correctly. They appear as 2.5m tanks but the nodes are set for 3.75m tanks. The collision also works this way.

- And before its said, yes this was with a clean install.[/quote']

64bit is a mess at the moment, We spent half a day trying to fix a problem we thought was our fault, when it's one of the messes that came with the jump.

The only bug with scale I can ever replicate is if you pick a fuel tank as the very first part, if you reload or 'return to launch' it'll mess with the scale. This can be fixed by not picking the tank as the first part.

Other than that one bug, the rest are really the sort of things I can't really iron out. It's beyond our scope to fix.