What kind of Hardware do you use to run KSP

acidr4in

CPU: Intel i7 920 @ 3'50GHz

RAM: 6x 2GB Kingston ValueRam DDR3 1333

GPU: nVidia GTX 560 Ti @ GPU 945MHz / GDDR 2270MHz

SSD: OCZ Vertex 3 240GB

And after fiddling with game settings it can manage 600+ parts ships, but not without sweating xD

AMD Phenom II x2 550 3.1GHz

4Gb RAM (DDR3 IIRC)

ATi Radeon HD 4850 1Gb GDDR5

KSP is installed on my SSD if that affects anything or not.

Win 7 64bit

But then I run on 1280x1024 resolution so that helps a little. Widescreen, is a fad, it'll never last :)

I haven't experianced any serious lagging since I built a fairly large (for me) ship in 0.18 or 0.19 it had about 4-500 parts I think?

These days I build small anyway, I get the yellow MET indicator quite often but it doesn't seem to affect gameplay noticably.

AMD Phenom II X3 720 clocked at 3.2GHz

Radeon 6850

8GB RAM

Seems to run fine with anything up to ~150 parts, although MechJeb causes a bit of stutter even with small ships for some reason. I'd love to upgrade to something a bit more new.

Heavily modified speak-and-spell with serial cable-braille interface.

128k 500Hz RAM

Text output with braille option.

Awesome, how many seconds per frame do you get?

i3 3,3Gh // 32Gbs Ram // GTX560ti // Win8pro64x // "27 Screen

I will update stuff someday...

Core i5 3.4Gh 4670k, 16gb RAM, Nvidia Geforce 650 TI Boost 2G VRAM

Why do you have 32gb of RAM? I'm assuming that computer has a purpose of something else?

32gb is a little bit overkill :P

Intel Core I7 920

Nvidia GeForce GTX 560ti 1gb vram

6gb Ram

My machine is aging a bit. A few years old for the pc and the graphics card is a bit newer.

I experience lag at the loading screens frequently, but the game runs smooth even with relatively high part counts.

I have 8GB DDR3 ram and game crashes time to time "illegal memory allocation" or something like that. KSP ram usage is in that moment around 3.5-3.7GB. So my actual guestion is will it run more smoothly with linux ubuntu? I have it on dual boot but always played in windows all games... And yeah I have 8 mods and like every one of them.

6.5 year old iMac. 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo. 2 GB ram. ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro with 256 MB. No need to spec the HD, its the usual slow stock Mac option. It will probably barely handle Mavericks OS when that comes out. It sometimes handles KSP well.

Yes, some of you will feel better now with your own rig specs.

I think I rival you for worst computer on this thread:

Windows XP

Intel Core 2 Duo 1.86Ghz

2 GB ram

Nvidia GeForce 210 512MB

Also a 17" CRT 4:3 monitor. Yeah!

It's to KSP's credit that it is completely playable. I think it was the early 0.18 versions that nearly ruined it for me, but there's been so much optimisation since then it runs rather smoothly, albeit with reduced graphics settings. Have to go easy on the mods too.

A radioactive potato (which equates to)

i7 @3.07GHz

6GB CORSAIR dominator RAM

2 GeForce GTX 460's (with dual 24' monitors @1920x1200)

Runs pretty much fine playing stock. Variable performance with mods. I've spent a lot of time pruning mod parts down to just what I need, if I put any more parts in I get frequent crashes. I've got about 900 parts installed and its reasonably stable.

Also before playing modded KSP I get the task manger out and all but cripple windows. Basically if its using more memory that csrss.exe then I kill it, ie; browsers, steam, dropbox, dwm and sometimes explorer (that depends on what else I'd doing).

Since my last build literally went up in smoke, I guess Ill list both rigs I have run them on. I have noticed a small (5 frames) increase in performance on massive part count builds.

Old Build.

AMD Phenom II 955BE

6 GB DDR2

Geforce 470

New Build

AMD FX-8320

8gb DDR3

Geforce 660ti

My only computer is a laptop. Almost two years old now but still plays great.

Toshiba Satellite P750.

Windows 7 Home Premium (64)

Intel Core i7-2670QM @ 2.2Ghz

GeForce GT 540M, 1Gig VRAM

8Gig system RAM

15" 1366x768 display

Chugs significantly around 250-300 parts.

Laptop

Intel i7 2670QM

16 GB ram

240 GB SSD

Intel HD graphics

This plays KSP pretty well! I did have to crank down my settings but it works fine for games at work or between classes.

Travel Rig

Pentium G3320 Haswell CPU ($70 LOL!)

AsRock B85M-ITX MB

8 GB ram

120 GB SSD

GTX 260 graphics card

BitFenix Prodigy case

I built this to use when I go to my weekly KSP meet ups. It plays the game maxed out. For only being a $70 CPU, it plays it it really well!

i5 2500K @stock 3.3GHz

Radeon 7850

8GB RAM

I think that's all that's really relevant to KSP. I run it maxed out and occasionally record. I also have a heavily modded game, I think I'm using close to 3GB of RAM just for KSP.

i5 3470 3.20GHZ CPU

8GB RAM

W7/64

500GB HDD

Nvidia 260GTX GPU

I run KSP fine as long as I keep the total parts count below 400.

Between 400-500 it gets a bit laggy, but I can push that to 500-600 if I run my Game Booster program, which pauses or kills most windows background programs and gives priority to the game I am running. But KSP doesn't use more than 4gb of RAM anyway so it doesn't really load my computer much. And there is a slight memory leak in it or in one of the plugins. I may do some testing after .22 to see if I can find it.

For those of you who are having lag issues in game and are using a Nvidia card, you can set it to run the physics instead of graphics.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.