Would you want Squad to confirm release dates such as 0.22 all the time?

Would you?  

1. 1. Would you?

From remembering times like the 0.14.x builds... when experimentals were still public... no definitely not. Keep it a surprise, I think it's a very bad idea to go back to the chaos that release dates caused.

Go for quality not speed.

Honestly I can't understand why anyone would vote no to this question. Very odd there are a few voting No. Deadlines are mostly a good thing for a professional company, and it's not horrible if it's delayed and the developer just says why it's delayed k_tongue.gif. That way I can plan days off to coincide k_smiley.gif.

Deadlines are very good indeed, as long as they are kept internal. Schedules are made to be changed, the community reacted abnormal sometimes when they did change the public release date. In a extreme way that was not healthy for this community (which I really love btw).

Edited by Blinkin

It's nice to have this kind of announcement, though it'd also be nice to know what "16.10.2013" means to the Squad. I think they're somewhere in America, but what time zone is it exactly?

IIRC they are based in Mexico ... which AFAIK has GMT -6

I was torn. On one hand, I like being informed and knowing whats going on. On the other hand, I do like surprises and I realize that Squad does their best with the updates and does only release them when they are ready, so I realize that I have to say No! I wouldn't want to know the release date of every update, but perhaps a big update would be good.

Think about how many useless and meaningless threads would have been avoided if they didn't announce a date. But because they did, we get inundated with "Y U NO OUT YET?" threads all over the place since yesterday.

Precisely. While the release date is nice to know, it has primarily served to fuel the impatience of the general populace. Settle down, people. You'll get it when you get it.

Think about how many useless and meaningless threads would have been avoided if they didn't announce a date. But because they did, we get inundated with "Y U NO OUT YET?" threads all over the place since yesterday.

Bullsh*t. Forums were full of "WHEN U RELEASE?" threads since announcement of experimentals, with occasional speculation threads even before that. Lots of "Y I CAN NO UPDATE" threads after it went to youtubers and KSPTV. Today is the same as the last week, maybe two weeks.

Bullsh*t. Forums were full of "WHEN U RELEASE?" threads since announcement of experimentals, with occasional speculation threads even before that. Lots of "Y I CAN NO UPDATE" threads after it went to youtubers and KSPTV. Today is the same as the last week, maybe two weeks.

I agree ... and it is even worse on the Steam Forums where, there were lots of threads about "Why can I not update to 0.22" or "When will it be released" ecven before the announcement of the release date ... I think it basically startedwhen Squad announced that 0.22 had entered experimental stage.