[1.02] BioMass - Renewable Bio Fuel and Supplemental Life Support Modules

Roboto

• 3 weeks later...

Had to make a small update to biomass production due to concerns on the spaceport that the mod was not working. Turns out it is working, but was apparently too slow, so I sped it up a bit. Also while I was in there, I added the new model for the MicroBiome with the bubbling particle emitter as seen above! Let me know if any problems pop up.

Edited by Roboto

Had to make a small update to biomass production due to concerns on the spaceport that the mod was not working. Turns out it is working, but was apparently too slow, so I sped it up a bit. Also while I was in there, I added the new model for the MicroBiome with the bubbling particle emitter as seen above! Let me know if any problems pop up.

Quick question, you have an module who changes oxidizer to oxygen, had it been possible to make one who changed fuel+oxidizer into water, perhaps co2 too.

Yes with kethane this make you able to solve all life support issues except food. It would however be pretty heavy, and not something you would use on other than large ships and bases.

Quick question, you have an module who changes oxidizer to oxygen, had it been possible to make one who changed fuel+oxidizer into water, perhaps co2 too.

Yes with kethane this make you able to solve all life support issues except food. It would however be pretty heavy, and not something you would use on other than large ships and bases.

Yes, the version in development on github does have that ability. As far as the current version on spaceport, it relies on reclaiming those resource during the process of creating fuel.

Could you make Biomass compatible with Modular Fuel Tanks? The little tanks Biomass provides for O2 and CO2 work, but for the sake of parts count, it would be nice to be able to use some larger storage.

I can add bigger tanks for storage to the biomass mod, but if the modular mod doesn't have tanks for O2 and CO2 you will have to modify those on your own.

Tried different versions, clean .23(win8), BioReactor is spamming the error : Ignore collision failed. Both colliders need to be activated when calling this IgnoreCollision. How/Can I fix this?

Fixed the error, and upgraded the model while i was at it. :)

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/renewable-bio-fuel-modules/

Edited by Roboto

Hi, i am confused as to how you are supposed to get seeds from the greenhouses, i have supplied it with ample elec, biomass, oxy and (waste)water. But when i time accelerate for about a year, i get no seeds back. Could you maybe explain this a bit more? Thank you for this otherwise cool mod.

Hi, i am confused as to how you are supposed to get seeds from the greenhouses, i have supplied it with ample elec, biomass, oxy and (waste)water. But when i time accelerate for about a year, i get no seeds back. Could you maybe explain this a bit more? Thank you for this otherwise cool mod.

The lack of seed production is a huge bug I am working on. I'm hoping to have an update tonight which will end up producing an unrealistic number of seeds, but at least it will work.

-STH

The lack of seed production is a huge bug I am working on. I'm hoping to have an update tonight which will end up producing an unrealistic number of seeds, but at least it will work.

For now i've increased the value of the "Seeds = 0.0000138889" line (line 201 in plantGreenhouse.cfg) to 0.138889 and it does seem to give me back seeds, albeit at a non-realistic rate (it still consumes loads of biomass). For the time being, would you suggest i decrease this value or leave it be?

For now i've increased the value of the "Seeds = 0.0000138889" line (line 201 in plantGreenhouse.cfg) to 0.138889 and it does seem to give me back seeds, albeit at a non-realistic rate (it still consumes loads of biomass). For the time being, would you suggest i decrease this value or leave it be?

For the sake of realism, I'd recommend dialing it back to 0.0001

If I remember correctly, the generator module basically ignores values beyond four decimal points (thus the bug of no seed production), so 0.0001 should result in seed production.

-STH

I am sorry for this post, i was under the assumption that the greenhouses had planting cycles and that for each cycle new seeds were required, such was not the case, and therefore, i am apologizing to everyone for this post.

• 1 month later...

i love this mod but im haveing a problem with the weight i cant seem to get it out of kerbins orbit without building some massive ship with 10 stages and over 100 parts not includeing the biomass parts

Well, when using this kind of huge/heavy parts, you have to build ship in seperate pieces you finally assemble in orbit, for example your crew living quarter module, the science module, and the propulsion module assembling thos 3 modules in orbit using docking ports. At the end you will have more than 100 parts anyway.

i love this mod but im haveing a problem with the weight i cant seem to get it out of kerbins orbit without building some massive ship with 10 stages and over 100 parts not includeing the biomass parts

Are you trying to launch a greenhouse that is full of biomass? If so, try launching an empty greenhouse and letting the biomass grow in orbit

Well, when using this kind of huge/heavy parts, you have to build ship in seperate pieces you finally assemble in orbit, for example your crew living quarter module, the science module, and the propulsion module assembling thos 3 modules in orbit using docking ports. At the end you will have more than 100 parts anyway.

This is pretty much how I was doing it. Building giant ships and then launching them into orbit in sections. Then it's a matter of docking them to build the complete craft in orbit.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.