[1.02] BioMass - Renewable Bio Fuel and Supplemental Life Support Modules

Roboto

Do you only have this mod installed? If not which other mods do you have

These are the mods i have installed minus the "biomass-master" (biology+) and asteroid cities, i should also point out that I methodically tested these one at a time adding 1 then testing (remove if bug) then another then testing, etc... until i reached this list which took a fair few hours i can tell ya, all others work fine together apart from the aforementioned ones that was removed. The KAS required a patch to work in 0.24 that I had from the KAS thread in one of the later pages (around page 133 i think).

Untitled_zps2538f354.jpg

Hope that helps you out.

Does anyone have a patch for this to work properly with TAC 0.9?

I manualy erase resource definition Oxygen, CO2, Water, Wastewater, Food and Waste from all mods, leaving only from TAC, and all work. New TAC have new definition, liters and kilograms, not suply for 1kerbal/day, and this makes conflict.

• 2 weeks later...
I manualy erase resource definition Oxygen, CO2, Water, Wastewater, Food and Waste from all mods, leaving only from TAC, and all work. New TAC have new definition, liters and kilograms, not suply for 1kerbal/day, and this makes conflict.

Tell the modders that use the same name to update them with TAC LS

• 2 weeks later...

For me the Koylent maker and the compressors stopped working, I never figured out how to use the Bioreactor so I don't know about that. I'm not sure when it stopped working, I hadn't used it for a while, but I found out today.

At first I thought it was a problem with the kethaneconverter but from the code it seems the greenhouse also uses the kethaneconverter and that part seems to work fine. At least I'm creating seeds and biocake.

Is anyone still maintaining this, or should I learn how to make mods myself? :)

For me the Koylent maker and the compressors stopped working, I never figured out how to use the Bioreactor so I don't know about that. I'm not sure when it stopped working, I hadn't used it for a while, but I found out today.

At first I thought it was a problem with the kethaneconverter but from the code it seems the greenhouse also uses the kethaneconverter and that part seems to work fine. At least I'm creating seeds and biocake.

hey there, yes we are still maintaining..just busy with some other projects. I'll have a look at it ASAP and let you know what i find! Thanks

I have been busy with life stuff, but am getting back into BioMass. It definitely needs updating.

Great! :D

Another thing I just realised that might be relevant is that I removed the Food, Water and Oxygen resource definitions because of conflicts with other mods. Although I did that a while ago and I think it was still working fine then. I'm using Kethane, Karbonite, MKS, KSPI, EPL, US and TAC. Some of those resource definitions might have changed since then though. Did you see this thread http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/89568-Community-Resource-Pack-WIP? They are trying to standardise the resource definitions.

I also saw the following errors in the log:

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'BioMass+Science/Parts/Utility/KoylantMaker/koylentMaker/BioMass_KoylentMaker'

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'BioAnimator'

Load(Model): BioMass+Science/Parts/Utility/KoylantMaker/koyletMaker

(Filename: /BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/LinuxStandalonePlayerGenerated/UnityEngineDebug.cpp Line: 49)

Texture 'BioMass+Science/Parts/Utility/KoylantMaker/goldTubing' not found!

PartLoader: Compiling Part 'BioMass+Science/Parts/Utility/BioReactor/BioReactor/BioMass_BioReactor'

Cannot find a PartModule of typename 'BioAnimator'

But I thought that was just for the animation.

So I guess my questions are:

Is this compatible with the latest Kethane patch by taniwha (0.8.8.1) (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/23979?p=1313690&viewfull=1#post1313690)?

Is this compatible with ORS/CRP resource definitions?

Thanks for this great mod!

• 2 weeks later...
I know Roboto-san and seanth-san popped their heads in and said they are still updating it, but have their been any updates?

Nothing solid to report yet, sorry. I've been hammering on code for the last few days, making some progress. I'd like to have persistence and a management window all finished up before we drop the next update.

I know Roboto-san and seanth-san popped their heads in and said they are still updating it, but have their been any updates?

If people were interested, Roboto and I could start a new BioMass WIP thread where we would talk about what we are working on, show off new parts, explain the _why_ of some of things we do, etc.

If people were interested, Roboto and I could start a new BioMass WIP thread where we would talk about what we are working on, show off new parts, explain the _why_ of some of things we do, etc.

That'd be great. I'd really like to have a space station that *does* something, beside standing there. And I seriously want to avoid the hassle of going for a full Life Support mod (at least for the time being). This mod seems the optimal compromise.

I'm interested
That'd be great. I'd really like to have a space station that *does* something, beside standing there. And I seriously want to avoid the hassle of going for a full Life Support mod (at least for the time being). This mod seems the optimal compromise.

Update thread here:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/62631-BioMass-Ongoing-Development?p=1373551&viewfull=1#post1373551

prZT5B9.png

Edited by Roboto

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Fully Updated 9/22/2014

We are having a public test of our new version of BioMass! Please stop by the development thread for more info...

Ongoing Development Thread

Please only download and install this if you are interested in playtesting BioMass for us. If you are wanting BioMass for gameplay and will be upset if you find bugs or errors, we suggest you wait for the first round of testing to finish.

BioMass PUBLIC TEST VERSION Download

Download

Edited by Roboto

I really like this mod and will test it, but right off the bat have you fixed the warping problems? Resource production froze when the vessel was warping, whether the focus was on the vessel or not. Made the mod unusable. There were also problems with electrics under warp. Can you just confirm that?

Incidentally, TAC has some problems with warping too. I have an air filter on a mobile base, extracting oxygen from the atmosphere at Laythe and it works during warp but only if the focus is on that vessel.

This surprises me tbh, the TAC converter is the same one we use with MKS and I've had ships in warp for years, not focused, with very long-chain generators (A->B->C->D). Point of trivia, the reason I started my very first mod was because of issues keeping the BioMass and TAC-LS timers in sync :)

This surprises me tbh, the TAC converter is the same one we use with MKS and I've had ships in warp for years, not focused, with very long-chain generators (A->B->C->D). Point of trivia, the reason I started my very first mod was because of issues keeping the BioMass and TAC-LS timers in sync :)

Hey, cool post on reddit today! Love seeing mods out in the wild.

Incidentally, TAC has some problems with warping too. I have an air filter on a mobile base, extracting oxygen from the atmosphere at Laythe and it works during warp but only if the focus is on that vessel.

This is one of the areas that I will probably need to go in and address. As it stands right now, we manage time stamps in the space center scene. Every time you enter the space center, the script will check time stamps of any craft with a biogen module, and will attempt to update its resources based on the difference in time, rate and if the module is enabled or not. BUT, lets say for example you are focused on one craft and use Timewarp, then jump directly to another ship, there will be a discrepancy here. I need to go back in and add some points where it checks and/or updates time stamps for more than just entering the space center.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.