Kerbal Attachment System (KAS) 0.4.7 - Pipes as fuel lines and even fewer explosions!

Majiir

@mJrA

You mean you can't transfer fuel? To do that you should hold mod (alt if windows) and right click one then another tank you want to transfer between. Or install some fuel transfer mod, these usually have many more options tha just pump in/out.

I just got KAS today for the first time to straighten out my wobbly interplanetary ship. I made a basic orbital service ship with a couple of crates full of strut endpoints. I get Melmin out of the ship, right-click the crate with ten struts, open it, and press "take." Nothing happens :mad:. I try clicking it fifty more times out of pure exasperation, and still nothing happens. I have ksp version 0.24.2. Do any of you know what's happening here? All of the parts seem to be working fine in the VAB, and i can grab and place parts however i want, i just cant seem to get those parts out of the chest.

*edit*

I got the actual latest version of KAS and now grabbing objects works, but kerbals still cannot get stuff out of boxes. BTW, i have 32 bit ksp.

Same problem for me, can't get stuff out of boxes. Major inconvenience in orbital construction.

Edit: Posted to wrong thread, sorry.

On a related note, I did not have any problems pulling parts out of a KAS storage unit. I am running the hotfix on 32 bit 24.2. I did tweak my installation's config files, though. I moved the grapple hook and magnet to the node where you get the stock Klaw, and edited the strut's config to give it 150 strength (same as stock struts) and lowered the cost to 50. I'm certain none of those changes affects being able to pull stuff out of boxes though.

Edited by Angel-125

I just got KAS today for the first time to straighten out my wobbly interplanetary ship. I made a basic orbital service ship with a couple of crates full of strut endpoints. I get Melmin out of the ship, right-click the crate with ten struts, open it, and press "take." Nothing happens :mad:. I try clicking it fifty more times out of pure exasperation, and still nothing happens. I have ksp version 0.24.2. Do any of you know what's happening here? All of the parts seem to be working fine in the VAB, and i can grab and place parts however i want, i just cant seem to get those parts out of the chest.

*edit*

I got the actual latest version of KAS and now grabbing objects works, but kerbals still cannot get stuff out of boxes. BTW, i have 32 bit ksp.

Alright here is a few things to try. First try making a new game and creating a new ship with containers on them. If that does not work I would suggest uninstalling KAS mod and starting over with a fresh installation. After deleting the KAS mod folder Download https://nabaal.net/files/ksp/KAS_v0.4.7.zip

that is Majiir's KAS package. You need it because it has all the parts and configs. Then you should download this if you are running 32bit like you said https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgp9a06n2k2pq2d/KAS32bitRecompile.zip then you should extract that and override it what it ask.

Same problem for me, can't get stuff out of boxes. Major inconvenience in orbital construction.

Can you provide a little more information please. IE What version of KSP(You can check this at the main menu of KSP down to the bottom right hand corner) are you running and what exactly what you are trying to pull out of the container.

Alright here is a few things to try. First try making a new game and creating a new ship with containers on them. If that does not work I would suggest uninstalling KAS mod and starting over with a fresh installation. After deleting the KAS mod folder Download https://nabaal.net/files/ksp/KAS_v0.4.7.zip

that is Majiir's KAS package. You need it because it has all the parts and configs. Then you should download this if you are running 32bit like you said https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgp9a06n2k2pq2d/KAS32bitRecompile.zip then you should extract that and override it what it ask.

Can you provide a little more information please. IE What version of KSP(You can check this at the main menu of KSP down to the bottom right hand corner) are you running and what exactly what you are trying to pull out of the container.

This fixed it for me. Thanks for the help.

Hey KAS experts. This may be outside of the scope of this mod, but I am trying to troubleshoot a situation that involves KAS so I figured this might be the best place to ask.

I am having an issue with some parts that are not giving the Attach option on the menu. When I pull the parts out of a container The only options I get are drop and release. I know these parts worked prior to KSP 24

By the way I am running 24.2 32 bit and am using the patched DLL from this thread. KAS seems to work fine otherwise.

This fixed it for me. Thanks for the help.

Very glad to hear :D

Hey KAS experts. This may be outside of the scope of this mod, but I am trying to troubleshoot a situation that involves KAS so I figured this might be the best place to ask.

I am having an issue with some parts that are not giving the Attach option on the menu. When I pull the parts out of a container The only options I get are drop and release. I know these parts worked prior to KSP 24

By the way I am running 24.2 32 bit and am using the patched DLL from this thread. KAS seems to work fine otherwise.

Could you please list the parts with the issue. Once I get the list of them I can test and let you know.

The re-compiled dll made it work for me as well, it seems. No message that KAS is incompatible with 0.24.2! I can't thank you enough, I really wanted to start my new science run where I plan on building on every planetary body where it is possible, and I wouldn't want to do that without KAS. :)

Could you please list the parts with the issue. Once I get the list of them I can test and let you know.

sorry for the delay in responding. I actually got it sorted out.

Thanks for the follow up though.

The re-compiled dll made it work for me as well, it seems. No message that KAS is incompatible with 0.24.2! I can't thank you enough, I really wanted to start my new science run where I plan on building on every planetary body where it is possible, and I wouldn't want to do that without KAS. :)

So happy to hear, I'm just glad that we have a working version of KAS. Without KAS KSP wouldn't be the same.

sorry for the delay in responding. I actually got it sorted out.

Thanks for the follow up though.

Not a problem at all, glad to hear everything worked out :D

Ya I'm working on a fix now for the container bug, what it is when you couple any part in flight above other body's it messes up the velocity for kerbals and you fly away from your ship. To fix that I had to mess with the couple which is now as far as I can tell only breaking grabbing objects from the container.

*EDIT* Fixed all post updated with current download

Sorry for the crazy updates back to back, but should be good now.

In order to fix grabbing Radial parachutes while on kerbin you must go into your KAS plugin Directory and open addModule.cfg and scroll to bottom and look in parachuteRadial and remove "physicJoint = true" and save the cfg.

**Radial Parachute fix picture = http://imgur.com/a/EkmuM#0

In no way am I representing Majiir or is this an official patch. As always I would make a backup of KAS before installing.

Allot of people have been having issue installing the fix with KAS.

First download this(Its Majiirs KAS) https://nabaal.net/files/ksp/KAS_v0.4.7.zip

Extract the GameData folder from the zip file^ into your KerbalSpaceProgram directory( you can find this location by right click on the launch icon and selection open file location OR through STEAM right click on Kerbal Space Program and select properties then select local files and next click on browse local files)

After that you need to download my KAS fix or KAS recompile depending on if you are playing KSP 32bit or KSP 64bit. You can check this by look to the bottom right while KSP is running at the main menu.

If you are running 32bit KSP download this https://www.dropbox.com/s/qgp9a06n2k...tRecompile.zip and do the same as we did before extract the GameData folder from the zip to the Kerbal Space Program directory and override what it ask.

If you are running 64bit KSP download this https://www.dropbox.com/s/4kaie9rnpi...64bit_24_2.zip and same again extract the GameData folder from the zip to Kerbal Space Program directory and override what it ask.

For 64bit only if the above version is messing up with grabbing from containers try this version https://www.dropbox.com/s/0f4x4xcu2d...64bit_24_3.zip

I hope this resolves the issue for you but if not I would check the last few pages and see if anything posted might help you.

And the "The Man" award goes to JeffersonFlight. Thanks to you KAS is coming to

- to assist Bill Kerman in the whole being stranded in orbit of the Mun... thing.

Thank you, awesome person.

it's strange I read all these reports and I run 32 bit KAS with billions of mods and everything works the same as it ever has. Even before the new recompile (which I got anyways). The only weird thing I've gotten is when trying to build functional rovers with just parts on other worlds. I typically use a pylon and attach cubic struts to it, then build the rover, attach wheels, battery, panel, and command chair. Then I break away one piece, freeing the rover. It always worked before. Now it causes the whole center structure to mysteriously break away, leaving four wheels and a chair hovering in the air, hilariously. Sometimes with a 'spolosion for good measure (cause it's KSP).

Oh wells, guess I will have to ship em in whole.

First, I have been deputized with looking after Kethane and KAS in Majiir's abcense (more, NathanKell has been in contact with Majiir and they voiunteered me ;)).

I've begun work on cleaning up the fixes JeffersonFlight has organized, and I'd like to know just what they fix and the steps to reproduce the errors. This is so I can ensure KAS works on all 5 "platforms" (yes, five: windows 32, windows 64, mac os, linux 32, linux 64).

Greetings,

I posted the following into another thread about the engines that I used from B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines, And now I'll copy past it here.

I was messing around with a RATHER large craft that has B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines on them and when i dropped my anchor to slow down to land, The anchor jumped up and took out one of the 4 engines I have. What is needed to make B.Dynamics - Retracting/vectoring engines KAS attachable So I'd be able to run another engine out there and have a Kerbal replace the destroyed engine? It is a Loooong way form KSP and I do not want to have to take the hour to get there once more.

Just a small bug-update, maybe someone can do something... Or has an idea how to fix it easily :D

Without the recompiled DLL, taking something out of a container didn't work... using the DLL, I got that part working. But once a (for example) strut end point is on my Kerbal's back, I can't click on it to attach it somewhere.

What DOES work is pressing [g] (causing the part to slowly drift away), which then enables me to right-click (and attach) the drifting part. Is there a way to use/right-click on items being currently carried?

I'm using Jefferson's KAS fix for 64bit and I've got a bug. Everything worked well enough on the ground, but in orbit around the Mun, when a Kerbal grabs a Pipe End Point off the ship (only part tested) that Kerbal's relative velocity immediately becomes zero. The ship disappears over the horizon, carrying on its orbit, leaving Jeb (and later Bill) to die horribly; slowly falling straight down (more or less) at the surface of the Mun.

Am I alone with this bug? My next test is to put them on ladders and see if that makes a difference. We've got to save these Kerbals!

Update: Tested in 32bit. Working fine.

Edited by Roninpawn

jefferson, i think you technically own this mod now. your the one who runs it, your the one who has fixed it, and your the one who has solved many (or all) the problems. majir should give you a license to add new parts to this mod.

Its a shame the licence is so restrictive... kinda tempting to reinvent the wheel under a permissive licence....

ikr, not a single word from majir in a month and jefferson here is saving this mod from dying out like planet factory, if it wasnt for him this mod WOULD be abandoned by now